View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Clemson tonight?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Williams

4 5.41%
  • Paolo Banchero

16 21.62%
  • Wendell Moore, Jr.

0 0%
  • AJ Griffin

0 0%
  • Jeremy Roach

45 60.81%
  • Joey Baker

5 6.76%
  • Theo John

0 0%
  • Bates Jones

4 5.41%
  • Jaylen Blakes

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v Clemson (Jan 25, 2022)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in their win over Clemson tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

MOTM: Jeremy Roach

9A:1TO and some key shots. Bodes well for the future!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Paolo. Again.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Jeremy Roach, most assuredly deserves it.

I voted Mark for his myriad contributions across the stat sheet, but also hyper-efficient scoring. This team still hasn't figured out how to get him the ball.
    Banchero had some stunning plays, but his inconsistence was a big reason why Duke couldn't build leads.
    I loved clutch Roach, and he distributed the ball really well, but his shot selection was also part of the reason Duke couldn't build on leads.

I'll say Roach. No fear. Plenty to work on but he loves the trenches
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Roach does deserve the award but Williams contribution was also essential

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Roach does deserve the award but Williams contribution was also essential
    Roach had some bad but a lot of good. 9 assists and two huge shots.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Roach had some bad but a lot of good. 9 assists and two huge shots.
    He had very little bad. Missed one more shot than we would like, but that is it really.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Bates deserves a lot of credit for keeping us in it when the foul situation made things look dire in the first half. Obviously he wasn’t our best player today, but he deserves kudos today.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Really hard to give it to Paolo, given that - for him - he played really poorly. But the fact remains that we really struggled to score when he was not on the floor. I wish he would show a little more interest on the defensive end. When he's paying attention, he can be a lock-down defender, but his heart isn't always in it on that end.

Props to Roach, too. Good ball handling and decent defense are worth a lot. He was the best of our defenders at staying with his man and running them off that darn three-point line. I could not believe it when I saw zone in this game. That was a coaching error that fortunately was corrected just in the nick of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Really hard to give it to Paolo, given that - for him - he played really poorly. But the fact remains that we really struggled to score when he was not on the floor. I wish he would show a little more interest on the defensive end. When he's paying attention, he can be a lock-down defender, but his heart isn't always in it on that end.

Props to Roach, too. Good ball handling and decent defense are worth a lot. He was the best of our defenders at staying with his man and running them off that darn three-point line. I could not believe it when I saw zone in this game. That was a coaching error that fortunately was corrected just in the nick of time.
    Same. Terrible coaching move.

I understand using zone against highly athletic teams that love to drive (FSU), but Clemson is a one-trick pony. All they do is shoot 3s.

I guess the PnR was killing Duke so Coach K needed to change things up but it backfired.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I voted for Jeremy on both polls. He was terrific. Played 40 minutes (as did Wendell), ran the point to a perfection (9-1) and hit a very big shot down the stretch. I almost voted for Joey because he played an outstanding game. Bates might just turn out to be a important piece down the stretch.

GoDuke!

Baker and I see I'm not the only one. On the court in crunch time - hits floater to take the lead - pivotal points in a Duke win on 3 of 4 shooting from 3. So much for all that wasted his time talk.