Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Duke receives a commitment from 3 star Texas RB Seth Davis. Seth had 11 P5 offers among many others. Welcome Seth!

https://247sports.com/player/seth-davis-46109816/
    Looks to be a big get, happy to have him on board!

I like this commitment and I especially hope it means Coach Elko’s recruiting the I 95 corridor involves that I 95 bypass that intersects Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    I like this commitment and I especially hope it means Coach Elko’s recruiting the I 95 corridor involves that I 95 bypass that intersects Texas.
    He offered a guy from Bergen Catholic in NJ recently, an area filled with good players (many with good academics) where the Duke name means something. We once recruited NJ very hard and very well, but Cut largely avoided the place.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    He offered a guy from Bergen Catholic in NJ recently, an area filled with good players (many with good academics) where the Duke name means something. We once recruited NJ very hard and very well, but Cut largely avoided the place.
    Coach Elko has stated recruiting the I 95 corridor makes sense for Duke, and with his Jersey roots, I suspect we’re going to see a rebirth in the Northeast football player pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Coach Elko has stated recruiting the I 95 corridor makes sense for Duke, and with his Jersey roots, I suspect we’re going to see a rebirth in the Northeast football player pipeline.
    We've had a number of outstanding players from NJ and PA over the years, but precious few during the last few decades...Cut barely seemed to recruit there...I think Elko will do well there.

We've had a number of outstanding players from NJ and PA over the years, but precious few during the last few decades...Cut barely seemed to recruit there...I think Elko will do well there.
    Yea, isn't Duke (pretty much) the state university of New Jersey??

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Yea, isn't Duke (pretty much) the state university of New Jersey??
    No, Duke is THE University of North Carolina!

Quote Originally Posted by BCCoordinators View Post
    I felt like Cut sabotaged Gunnar. After that Kansas game, the playbook magically folds inward on itself.
    Gunnar wasn't 100%. The playbook was adapted to what he could do. The idea was to keep him playing while trying to reduce the potential of injury or difficulty carrying out the play. You could see a difference in the play calling when Riley was in because he wasn't hampered by injury.

Another transfer commits to Duke! This time, grad transfer OT Chance Lytle from Colorado!

https://twitter.com/chanceLytle1998/...jUd-tMkLYeeUgw

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Another transfer commits to Duke! This time, grad transfer OT Chance Lytle from Colorado!

I'm singing Abba in my head.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

6'7" 300 lbs. Welcome big guy.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

6'7" 300 lbs. Welcome big guy.
    to channel my inner Bob Harris "now they're saying he weighs 340."

Lytle started at Colorado until an injury.

In addition, he's a Texan who composes music and lyrics and plays cello, violin, piano and the mandolin.*

One of his grandfathers was an Army Golden Gloves Champion, and the other is in the Army Air Corps Hall of Fame as he holds multiple aviation records.

*I'm guessing the lyrics accompany the piano rather than the cello.

Think we've got a chance at this guy?

Yowza! This 100-yard dash is truly insane.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...2PI?li=BBnb7Kz

Duke is not messing around on the recruiting trail...check out this hype video they put together for WR commit Paul Davis:

https://twitter.com/_PaulDavis_/stat...69718265864194

Appears we had a ton of guys on campus this weekend for the closed scrimmage (and it looks like we are going after some big time recruits). I imagine we will see quite a few for the Blue & White game next weekend as well!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Grayson Loftis. He appears to be about a 2.5 or 3-star recruit.
    Interestingly, ESPN now rates Gray Loftis, our QB recruit as a 4 star.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke is not messing around on the recruiting trail...check out this hype video they put together for WR commit Paul Davis:

https://twitter.com/_PaulDavis_/stat...69718265864194

Appears we had a ton of guys on campus this weekend for the closed scrimmage (and it looks like we are going after some big time recruits). I imagine we will see quite a few for the Blue & White game next weekend as well!
    On the TV broadcast of the Blue White game, Nina mentioned she was meeting with recruits this weekend...that's a good touch.

Interestingly, ESPN now rates Gray Loftis, our QB recruit as a 4 star.
    Ideally he’s developing into a 4 star prospect but remaining a 3 star recruit, which he is at 247.

Anybody know why he’s playing at Gaffney High, which is 45 minutes away and requires a drive through Spartanburg?

On the TV broadcast of the Blue White game, Nina mentioned she was meeting with recruits this weekend...that's a good touch.
    I didnt see any public decisions/announcement post Spring game. Did anyone hear anything?

Big portal news for Duke: https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...uke-186467651/

Duke Football continued to add to the 2022 roster on Tuesday afternoon as former Iowa State defensive back Datrone Young announced his intention to transfer into the Blue Devil program.

Young, a 5-foot-10, 175 pound defensive back is a former All-Big 12 honoree, taking home second team honors in 2020 when he started seven times in 11 games for the Cyclones and 25 total tackles (18 solos) along with a tackle for loss and two pass breakups.

In 2021 Young continued to be a productive member of the ISU defensive backfield by once again making seven starts and appearing in 11 games while recording a career best 31 tackles (22 solo), 2.0 TFL, two pass breakups and an interception.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?