Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, though the fan base is a little slow hopping on board.

LJVM was almost full for our game (attendance of 14,213 on capacity of 14,655) and nearly 12,000 for their beatdown of the Tarheels.
    Looks like a crowd of less than 5,000 (according to LiveStats, which might not be the final count) for the win over BC.
    Odd night (Monday), and odd time (6:00 pm), may account for some of it. But yeah.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

UNC-CH leads Virginia Tech 37-33 at the half at the Dean Dome.

Virginia Tech is a lost team.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Odd night (Monday), and odd time (6:00 pm), may account for some of it. But yeah.
    Yeah, Wake is now 17-4 overall, nearly 12 point margin of victory for all games. 7-3 in Conference.

Deserve to be ranked, or better than 33rd AP and 39th Coaches poll.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
    Last edited by roywhite; 01-24-2022 at 08:58 PM. Reason: rankings

Louisville is 2-13 vs UVa since joining the ACC. Gross.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Louisville is 2-13 vs UVa since joining the ACC. Gross.
    One of those programs plays smart and disciplined. The other...doesn't.

I so want to see another Hubert presser following a home loss. C’mon Hokies!!

Unfortunately VT looks absolutely terrible. I don’t know what happened to them but they have nobody capable of doing anything. UNC not doing anything special either, they went 14 minutes without a field goal and VT barely cut into the lead over that stretch.

Yeah Manek looking like an all-star against VPI

Virginia Tech is about to catch another L to drop to 10-9, 2-6. Will they even qualify for the NIT or CBI this year?

Even worse news for the Hokies? They host Miami, FL Wednesday and go to FSU Saturday. There’s a real good chance they end this week under .500 overall. They won’t be able to lick their wounds very long after tonight’s beat down in Chapel Hill.

How did the cheats end up with three home games in a row in one week? Was one of them a rescheduled game?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Virginia Tech is about to catch another L to drop to 10-9, 2-6. Will they even qualify for the NIT or CBI this year?

Even worse news for the Hokies? They host Miami, FL Wednesday and go to FSU Saturday. There’s a real good chance they end this week under .500 overall. They won’t be able to lick their wounds very long after tonight’s beat down in Chapel Hill.
    Yes, they will likely finish above .500 for the season. The back half of their schedule is quite friendly. Heck, they might well still be over .500 after this week. But either way, they have 4 games against GT and Pitt and home games against UVa and Louisville.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    How did the cheats end up with three home games in a row in one week? Was one of them a rescheduled game?
    Tonight's was. (I think)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I did not expect Va Tech to be this bad.

I had forgotten that not only was Aluma voted to the preseason All ACC first team, he also came in 2nd in the preseason POY voting. (Paolo was first)

When it comes to the heels, just safe to assume they cheated. Doesn't matter if they did or not, just assume it.

I don’t get where Va Tech’s relatively lofty NET rating prior to this game (#56) even came from. They have wins over numbers 60 and 66, one of which was at home and one neutral, and no others in the top 100. On the other side they have two losses to teams outside the top 100 and one to # 238 Boston College. Blech. Nothing impressive about it.

I believe last night's VT game was originally scheduled for the same week as our ND game that got rescheduled. It just worked out that UNC ended up with three home games while we got three road games. But we've played a lot of home games so far so it's hard to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I don’t get where Va Tech’s relatively lofty NET rating prior to this game (#56) even came from. They have wins over numbers 60 and 66, one of which was at home and one neutral, and no others in the top 100. On the other side they have two losses to teams outside the top 100 and one to # 238 Boston College. Blech. Nothing impressive about it.
    It is mainly based on blowing out bad teams by more than expected. Torvik has them at 7 games with a game score of 95 or better - it is just that they all were against mediocre or bad teams. That and losing very close to one of the good teams on a neutral court. And they are 1-5 in close games, which makes their W/L deviate from their tempo-free stats.

Virginia Tech is the highest ranked 9 loss team in the country on Kenpom.

At 10-9, 2-6, they’re 40.

Virginia Tech is the highest ranked 9 loss team in the country on Kenpom.

At 10-9, 2-6, they’re 40.
    Yep, they are pulling a 2021 Duke right now: losing all of their close games (2-5 in games decided by 5 points or less) so far. KenPom has them at #353 (out of 358) in the nation in "luck" (which is just the difference in actual win% from expected win%).