Duke Radio Streaming?

Heya. I will likely be driving during today's basketball game. Is there a non-subscription option for steaming the Duke sports network?

Thanks in advance!

Wptf, wdnc

The TuneIn app works nicely.

-jk

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Yup! I've not used it for basketball, but it was great on camping trips that fell on football game weekends. The app will try to get you to make an account, but it's not needed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yup! I've not used it for basketball, but it was great on camping trips that fell on football game weekends. The app will try to get you to make an account, but it's not needed.
    Ah, thanks. That's the detail I think I was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Listening to Duke football on a camping trip? Seems that takes away from a wonderful experience😪.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Lately when I look for live games it won't play unless I pay - are you getting it free?

I've used The Varsity app a few times with success but only to have it just stop at some point - annoying when you have it synched *just right* with the TV

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Listening to Duke football on a camping trip? Seems that takes away from a wonderful experience😪.
    Priorities! Although this year most games were tuned out by halftime. (Except Charlotte, which in hindsight...)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Lately when I look for live games it won't play unless I pay - are you getting it free?

I've used The Varsity app a few times with success but only to have it just stop at some point - annoying when you have it synched *just right* with the TV
    This is my concern... I don't want to miss the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ah, thanks. That's the detail I think I was missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post

You can't get Duke games for free using just the TuneIN app anymore. You have to search for radio stations to find "The Buzz" radio station, which you can listen to for free. "The Buzz" is free, and it carries the Duke games. Weird, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    You can't get Duke games for free using just the TuneIN app anymore. You have to search for radio stations to find "The Buzz" radio station, which you can listen to for free. "The Buzz" is free, and it carries the Duke games. Weird, huh?
    Will try that. I have found in the past that they bump the games from that station and re-run other content. Right now it's saying it's playing "The Sports Shop with Reese & Kmac" and not the pre-game show you'd expect but so far it's just been commercials, will see what it is if they ever stop playing commercials!

ETA: they are playing pre-game, a bit here and there sandwiched in between commercials
    Last edited by jwillfan; 01-22-2022 at 11:38 AM. Reason: update

For the uninitiated, here is the TuneIn link for 99.3 Buzz Sports and a link to stream direct from the WRAL website if you prefer. I wonder if there would be a way to add these links to the OP for the pre-game thread in the future so that people can find them easier?

https://tunein.com/radio/Buzz-Sports-Radio-993-s114928/

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/rs/page/11071232/

I appreciate the assistance. I chose to stay with the parents and watch the game.