Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Has there been any announcement for the Clemson game? I can’t see reopening concessions but I haven’t seen an announcement yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    they announced for saturday on friday afternoon (at least for staff). I haven't heard anything for tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect it to be open. I'll let people know if I hear.

I expect they'll keep doing what is working tor tomorrow, and then have two weeks to reevaluate before UVA.
    I hope they continue it tonight. It only makes sense. By the way, the guy sitting next to me took the water given away outside to mean that he could bring it inside with him and partake. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Supposed to be taking my 4.5 year old tomorrow and he is not happy about this!
    Capri suns in your pockets may help they arent stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I hope they continue it tonight. It only makes sense. By the way, the guy sitting next to me took the water given away outside to mean that he could bring it inside with him and partake. Unbelievable.
    Did they put him in CIS jail? I saw the police take at least two people out.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Capri suns in your pockets may help they aren't stiff.
    outside food and drink are not allowed, regardless, as well as consumption of anything inside the stadium.

If you were able to sneak it through security (probably easily), your best bet would be to drink it out on the patio where they have water for everyone. Were it my section, I'd unfortunately have to ask you to dispose of it or otherwise leave.
    April 1

outside food and drink are not allowed, regardless, as well as consumption of anything inside the stadium.

If you were able to sneak it through security (probably easily), your best bet would be to drink it out on the patio where they have water for everyone. Were it my section, I'd unfortunately have to ask you to dispose of it or otherwise leave.
    Normally id agree.but a unhappy 4 yr old
    Can be quite a distraction. In that case
    Id be more than inclined to make a concession to keep the little one happy.

I don't get to make that decision. The ushers are constantly monitored...to the degree that if someone in the athletic department or administration sees something on TV, it can make it back to the individual usher. We've had at least one individual who is no longer allowed to work games for "making concessions" with respect to the COVID policies.
    April 1

As the parent of 7 and 11 year olds, and the 11 year old gets very "hangry" if he has not eaten in a while, I think that as great as it is to bring a child to a game (I loved the recent post of someone bringing their young child to a game), if they can't attend and live by the rules, don't bring them to a game. There are plenty of things you don't do with kids because they are not age appropriate. It is unfortunate that Covid has gotten us to this point, but it is for all of our safety.

Also, I think this is a case of a few bad apple spoiling the bunch - if not for the several "slow eaters" who used eating as an excuse not to wear a mask, this rule might not have been implemented. By "standing up for their freedom" they have taken away from others, though I'm sure they don't see it that way but rather see this as yet another case of too many rules.

Also, uh_no or others can correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like they can eat/drink in certain areas near the concourse, so if it is a big issue, take the kid out at halftime or another time and give them a quick snack.

I just called the ticket office and was told that it was extended through the end of this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Also, uh_no or others can correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like they can eat/drink in certain areas near the concourse, so if it is a big issue, take the kid out at halftime or another time and give them a quick snack.
    There is water available on the patio on the west side of the concourse. They do not have food available, and afaik, it is not allowed to bring food in. So I wouldn't plan on having access to food while at the game, unless you sneak it in.
    April 1

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Will they let you bring in your personal IV?

It's the perfect solution! Drink up and stay masked.

AtHome-IV.jpg
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I still do not see anything online saying that the concessions will be closed. And I am leery of anything I am told by a ticket office phone-answerer.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I still do not see anything online saying that the concessions will be closed. And I am leery of anything I am told by a ticket office phone-answerer.
    i have not either.
    April 1

They're going to keep the concession stands closed. I don't know why it took them so long to announce this.

They're going to keep the concession stands closed. I don't know why it took them so long to announce this.
    Glad they finally posted it!

The "foreseeable future". Who knows, maybe we can eventually talk about Grayson Allen in this thread, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    The "foreseeable future". Who knows, maybe we can eventually talk about Grayson Allen in this thread, too.
    I think that mostly means "don't expect us to post about it every game. we'll let you know when concessions are back"
    April 1

I think that mostly means "don't expect us to post about it every game. we'll let you know when concessions are back"
    I guess my post wasn't as funny as I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I guess my post wasn't as funny as I thought...
    depends...is "foreseeable future" comparable to "indefinitely"?
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I hear you as a parent of young kids too. But your son doesn't have to be masked according to Duke policy, right? Maybe that helps thirst although maybe not. North Carolina seems to be a lot more chill about that than many places. In my area, my kids have been masked since age 2.
    He had to wear his mask too.

I don't get to make that decision. The ushers are constantly monitored...to the degree that if someone in the athletic department or administration sees something on TV, it can make it back to the individual usher. We've had at least one individual who is no longer allowed to work games for "making concessions" with respect to the COVID policies.
    Oops. We snuck in some Oreos. No one in our section cared. Glad we weren’t in yours.