Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Food and drink restrictions extended through this weekend

being deprived of Duke concessions is something I could definitely OK about.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Been to two concession free games so far, I haven't died of thirst yet.

Know my favorite part about it? Both games I put my sweatshirt under my seat knowing that I had no worry about it soaking up the spilled drink from someone behind me.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Know my favorite part about it? Both games I put my sweatshirt under my seat knowing that I had no worry about it soaking up the spilled drink from someone behind me.
    You and budwom sure are easy to please!

Personally, I kind of missed the decidedly mediocre CIS concession food and drink for the Miami game, and will likely feel the same for tomorrow’s Syracuse game (I was not able to attend NC State because I was on a road trip to Boston and trying desperately to beat the storm back home).

And Trevor, we look forward to seeing you on the court tomorrow!

It ain't like they're selling beer like at the football games. So you still gotta smuggle in a flask if you want to drink. Am I missing something?

they have water out on the patio if you want it
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    they have water out on the patio if you want it
    Good to know! Quite unsure if we’ll get there tomorrow. Depends on how bad the roads are in the morning. And if the parking lot and steps will be walkable.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Supposed to be taking my 4.5 year old tomorrow and he is not happy about this!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Good to know! Quite unsure if we’ll get there tomorrow. Depends on how bad the roads are in the morning. And if the parking lot and steps will be walkable.
    I'm in Boone so definitely won't be there. But hope everyone stays safe regardless.
    1200. DDMF.

I thought the concession ban was one of the few intelligent policy changes I've seen in a venue in the last several years. At the Miami game, masks were worn, end of sentence. I assume that's the case moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    That really, really sucks!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

A 45-year-old man (or woman) should be able to go without food or drink for a couple of hours without too much trouble, though I have to admit to cupping my hands under the bathroom faucet to drink water at halftime of the Miami game.

It is not my most pleasant Cameron Indoor memory. 🙄

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    A 45-year-old man (or woman) should be able to go without food or drink for a couple of hours without too much trouble, though I have to admit to cupping my hands under the bathroom faucet to drink water at halftime of the Miami game.

It is not my most pleasant Cameron Indoor memory. 🙄
    There's a big difference between a 45 year old man and a 4 and half year old kid.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I hear you as a parent of young kids too. But your son doesn't have to be masked according to Duke policy, right? Maybe that helps thirst although maybe not. North Carolina seems to be a lot more chill about that than many places. In my area, my kids have been masked since age 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I hear you as a parent of young kids too. But your son doesn't have to be masked according to Duke policy, right? Maybe that helps thirst although maybe not. North Carolina seems to be a lot more chill about that than many places. In my area, my kids have been masked since age 2.
    I'm not sure if that's true, but the kids I saw were masked. If I were a parent, I'd be asking my kid to mask up instead of them taking their chances in the Cameron petri dish.

There's a big difference between a 45 year old man and a 4 and half year old kid.
    No doubt you are correct, Cameron!

It was an apparently failed attempt at humor based on my lack of familiarity with the use of the decimal to denote a person’s age. Speaking of which my son is 18.35 years old. 😉

I'm not sure if that's true, but the kids I saw were masked. If I were a parent, I'd be asking my kid to mask up instead of them taking their chances in the Cameron petri dish.
    Yes, I'd mask my children as well. But they're used to it at this point, wearing it 9+ hours every day. Looks like NC, Duke, Cameron policy is 5 and up.

masks for children 5 and up. vaccinations for children 12 and up.
    1200. DDMF.

Has there been any announcement for the Clemson game? I can’t see reopening concessions but I haven’t seen an announcement yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Has there been any announcement for the Clemson game? I can’t see reopening concessions but I haven’t seen an announcement yet.
    they announced for saturday on friday afternoon (at least for staff). I haven't heard anything for tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect it to be open. I'll let people know if I hear.

I expect they'll keep doing what is working tor tomorrow, and then have two weeks to reevaluate before UVA.
    1200. DDMF.