Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm guessing "foreseeable future" is equal to March 6th.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm guessing "foreseeable future" is equal to March 6th.
    I hope so!

there's a small amount of coke and diet coke on the patio as well. while supplies last, I'm sure

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    there's a small amount of coke and diet coke on the patio as well. while supplies last, I'm sure
    Is it the "Coke Zero" that they tried to give away by the truckloads at football games, and wound up littering campus with? Good lord that stuff is terrible.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Is it the "Coke Zero" that they tried to give away by the truckloads at football games, and wound up littering campus with? Good lord that stuff is terrible.
    Yeah, it really is truly awful. Diet Coke is sooo much better. Why do they even make Coke Zero? Does it fill some niche that needed to be filled?

Are you at the game?

I've been drinking Diet Coke -- a lot of Diet Coke -- for decades, but I recently tried the new "Coke Zero Sugar" and immediately switched, because it tastes much more like the original regular Coke to me. I've also found that it seems to retain its flavor and sweetness longer as it gets diluted by melting ice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    I've also found that it seems to retain its flavor and sweetness longer as it gets diluted by melting ice.
    Ahhh, that's where I went wrong. I drank it straight out of the can instead of two hours later bathed in ice water.

Ahhh, that's where I went wrong. I drank it straight out of the can instead of two hours later bathed in ice water.
    If you don’t drink Diet Coke straight from the can — and very cold — you’re drinking it wrong. Am I right?

Nope. it was legit diet coke
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    I've been drinking Diet Coke -- a lot of Diet Coke -- for decades, but I recently tried the new "Coke Zero Sugar" and immediately switched, because it tastes much more like the original regular Coke to me. I've also found that it seems to retain its flavor and sweetness longer as it gets diluted by melting ice.
    Yep. Diet coke, as far as I understand, was largely formulated to taste like the much maligned "new coke" from the 80's. The "original" coke zero, I think was formulated with sucralose instead of aspartame, and was designed to be as close to regular coke as possible. Coke zero sugar was a bit of a rebrand, and they tried to make it even more faithful to legit coke. IMO, it's a pretty darn good approximation. If you have it back to back with regular coke, of course you can taste the difference, but if you have it on it's own, it totally suffices to me. IMO difference between sugar cane and corn syrup is more important than the difference between regular coke and coke zero sugar.
    April 1