Page 85 of 588 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185585 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 11748
    I am ashamed. This was the definition of me as a teen, and I couldn't come up with it. Maybe I blocked it out for that very reason.

Wordle 375 X/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
    🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩

Wordle 375 5/6*

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
    🟩⬛⬛🟨⬛
    🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
    🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Feel fortunate to get a five today.

Wordle 375 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
    🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This one took some thinkin'!

Wordle 375 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
    🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 375 6/6

⬜🟧⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟧⬜🟦⬜
    🟧🟧⬜⬜🟧
    🟧🟧⬜⬜🟧
    🟧🟧⬜⬜🟧
    🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

I thought the three previous stabs were really good.

I started with a very odd guess on purpose, and it made the path interesting.

Wordle 375 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
    ⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
    🟨🟩⬛🟩⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 375 4/6

🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛
    ⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
    ⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Deductive reasoning at its finest…

I got it in 4 today but I really disliked the word - again. SMITE? GMAFB.

I think I'm with Mtn Devil and am either taking a break or maybe just done completely.

Wordle 375 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 375 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
    🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tricky one. In honor of my 100th wordle (I know, some of you have probably played 200+), here are my overall stats:

chrome_screenshot_1656524488991.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    I got it in 4 today but I really disliked the word - again. SMITE? GMAFB.

I think I'm with Mtn Devil and am either taking a break or maybe just done completely.
    Please. What are you going to do without Wordle? Something productive? HA!

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    There are many alternatives to Wordle, and most of these aren't about words. I'm sure some have been linked earlier in the thread.

Waffle: rearrange the letters to solve a waffle (or window) shaped puzzle with three 5-letter rows and three 5-letter columns that intersect. Each row or column spells a recognizable word. There's a new puzzle every day at 8pm ET instead of midnight.

Heardle: Identify a popular song given increasingly longer snippets of its opening. Guesses are limited to a predetermined list. Can you guess after 1 second? 2 seconds? 4 seconds? 8 seconds? 16 seconds?

Framed: The movie version of Heardle. Identify a film based on increasingly helpful screenshots. Again, guesses are limited to a predetermined list.

Box Office Game: Guess the top 5 movies in the box office results of some weekend in the past. You are given 200 points and can buy clues (taglines, genre, lead performer, director, etc.). You get 200 more points per correct movie, but are limited to 10 wrong guesses.

Actorle: You are given a partial filmography of a famous actor or actress, but with an X replacing each letter or number in the movie titles. You are also given the release years, genres, and IMDb ratings of each film.

Seems hard, but punctuation helps a lot. Sunday's puzzle (go to Past Games, then June 26) is a good example. Here are 4 of the 20 movies provided.

XXXXX & XXXX (1990 romance)
    XXXXXX & XXXXX (1997 sci-fi/action/fantasy)
    XXXX XXXX: XXX. X (2003 action/crime)
    XXXX XXXX: XXX. X (2004 action/crime/thriller)

Worldle: Like Globle in that you have to guess the country or free standing territory, but a silhouette of the its shape is provided. For each guess, you are told how far away you are and what direction you need to go.

Poeltl: As in Jakob Poeltl (pronounced in a way that sort of rhymes with Wordle) of the San Antonio Spurs. This is the NBA version of Worldle geography. You are given a silhouette of an NBA player's roster photo, and you have to guess the player. The roster photos are available at each team site under NBA.com. For each guess, you are told if you have the right team, conference, division, position, height, age, and jersey number.

So, for today's puzzle (June 27), if you guessed Marvin Bagley, you would be incorrect, but you would know that the correct player is also in the Eastern Conference, Central Division (but not the Pistons), is also a 6'11" forward, is older than 23, and has a jersey number less than 35.

I like Waffle, love giving Framed a go but my knowledge of films is too spotty for me to be much of a threat. But Heardle is just ridiculous. If are your are not of a certain era, you're toast. Today's puzzler was Tones and I/Dance Monkey and have no clue as to which is the song and which is the artist. What the hell...and yet I could actually predict the melody before it played because the song's construction is so formulaic.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 06-29-2022 at 07:39 PM. Reason: The worst part about getting older is...all of it. It all sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    But Heardle is just ridiculous. If are your are not of a certain era, you're toast. Today's puzzler was Tones and I/Dance Monkey and have no clue as to which is the song and which is the artist. What the hell...and yet I could actually predict the melody before it played because the song's construction is so formulaic.
    If it helps, yesterday's tune was "For the Love of Money" (1973) by the O'Jays. While I am familiar with the song "Dance Monkey" (2019), I also err on the side of recognizing the older choices a lot more than the newer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    If it helps, yesterday's tune was "For the Love of Money" (1973) by the O'Jays. While I am familiar with the song "Dance Monkey" (2019), I also err on the side of recognizing the older choices a lot more than the newer ones.
    And I actually got that one after 1 second of music, 1st guess. But that's a rarity for me.

Getting older may suck, but it’s better than the alternative!

Wordle 376 6/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
    🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Wordle 376 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Another tough one today. Not proud of a 5 exactly but not ashamed either, I had good attempts after a first-round whiff.

Wordle 376 5/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
    ⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is another one that's a little more challenging. When I got to the third guess, I think there were only two options. As usual, I went with the wrong one first.
    Wordle 376 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
    ⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
    ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tried a new starting word. My usuals have not been working lately. I doubt I will stick with this one, though, as it shouldn’t work very often.

Wordle 376 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
    ⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 376 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
    ⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
    🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Quite happy with this four.