Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I think its clear that pitching is critical for success as an elite program. Next year will be a challenge with both Peyton and Shelby gone. I believe Jala will return and probably be Duke's #1 pitcher. After that it is unclear between Claire and the two incoming Freshmen. I hope they can bring in another veteran starter through the transfer portal.
    Someone upthread pointed out about how the Michigan coaching job is iffy. What's not iffy out of M is that there are two players that entered the portal, and one is indeed a very good pitcher.
    Some info on Alex Storako.
    Storako is coming off another dominant season in the circle, finishing with a 25-8 record and a 1.71 ERA in 200 1/3 innings. She struck out a career-high 300 batters, which ranks fourth nationally, and earned first-team all-Big Ten honors for the Wolverines (38-18), who were eliminated in an NCAA regional on Saturday.
    I hope Duke is looking at one or both.

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/202...er-portal.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

End of season awards announced. Congrats to all the winners.
    https://goduke.com/news/2022/5/31/so...on-awards.aspx
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    End of season awards announced. Congrats to all the winners.
    https://goduke.com/news/2022/5/31/so...on-awards.aspx
    Congrats to them all especially MVP Kavel, Circle Award St. George, Newcomer Gold and Silver Slugger Foreman.

A very tough series with UCLA prevented Foreman from breaking a couple of milestones, ending the season at .398 batting average and .797 slugging percentage. Both she and Deja Davis are Seniors and should be eligible for another season due to Covid if they so choose.

Good season and program. Hope Duke got major exposure for Coach Young in Socal. Lot of softball talent in Southern California.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Unseeded Texas smoked UCLA in their first WCWS game today, 7-2.
    Go figure.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

So UCLA actually beat Oklahoma in the first game of the finals of their pool in the WCWS, becoming just the third team to beat Oklahoma all season. They uh are losing 6-0 in the rematch to make the title game but still, super impressive and shows who we lost to

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    So UCLA actually beat Oklahoma in the first game of the finals of their pool in the WCWS, becoming just the third team to beat Oklahoma all season. They uh are losing 6-0 in the rematch to make the title game but still, super impressive and shows who we lost to
    It was great to see UCLA take one from OU as a Duke fan, but whooooieeee...Oklahoma wasn't having any of that. They stomped the stuffing out of the Bruins in round two, winning 15-zip.

With Texas and Oklahoma facing off in the finale, the future of SEC softball is looking good right now…

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It was great to see UCLA take one from OU as a Duke fan, but whooooieeee...Oklahoma wasn't having any of that. They stomped the stuffing out of the Bruins in round two, winning 15-zip.
    Oklahoma’s Jocelyn Alo is a monster and keeping her down for two games seems impossible. To say nothing of the rest of that roster.

Shelby to Georgia. Bit of a transfer to a rival after the last two seasons.

I saw this article posted to another forum, but it belongs here as well. This is an article from Duke recruit Kennedy Barron about her medical difficulties since arriving on campus. It is a long read, but I highly recommend it. If Ms. Barron is representative the kinds of young person that Coach Young is looking to recruit, Duke will be in great shape!! Get well soon, Kennedy!

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I saw this article posted to another forum, but it belongs here as well. This is an article from Duke recruit Kennedy Barron about her medical difficulties since arriving on campus. It is a long read, but I highly recommend it. If Ms. Barron is representative the kinds of young person that Coach Young is looking to recruit, Duke will be in great shape!! Get well soon, Kennedy!
    Great stuff. Thanks for posting.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Another fifth year senior transferred out today. Jacobson. But we also got a ASU infielder transfer for the first player in during the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Another fifth year senior transferred out today. Jacobson. But we also got a ASU infielder transfer for the first player in during the portal.
    Thanks. What source are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    Thanks. What source are you using?
    Yes...names would be helpful, and links.

That's terrible news about Caroline Jacobsen. She was one of my favorite players. Always swinging for the fences. Worst yet, she's going to Clemson!

https://clemsontigers.com/tigers-ink...ate-transfers/

Yes...names would be helpful, and links.
    Instagram & the portal..

Looks like Josh Bloomer (assistant coach) went to South Carolina and the Oklahoma grad/student assistant coach is coming to Durham. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Romero

Instagram & the portal..
    Again, links are helpful and very easy to post. I am not on instagram, and if I google "The Portal", I'm in for a long day.

Again, links are helpful and very easy to post. I am not on instagram, and if I google "The Portal", I'm in for a long day.
    Cool. Best of luck searching for it my friend!

In all seriousness follow Duke softball on IG. And some of the players. And you get all this news.