Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Duke now leading 5-1 in the T7 per Twitter.

Final 5-1 Duke.

So 4-1 with a win over a top 5 team and the loss being to a top 25 team on the road. Excellent start. Looks like the Florida tournament doesn't feature this level of competition next week, so hopefully we can clean sweep that.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Is Shelby coming back next year? Looks like the recruiting class is good and had a few good pitchers, but could see pitching depth being an issue next season.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    So 4-1 with a win over a top 5 team and the loss being to a top 25 team on the road. Excellent start. Looks like the Florida tournament doesn't feature this level of competition next week, so hopefully we can clean sweep that.
    Not sure how they look this year, but Florida is typically one of the best teams in the SEC and the country.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Is Shelby coming back next year? Looks like the recruiting class is good and had a few good pitchers, but could see pitching depth being an issue next season.
    Let's get at least half way through this season before we prognosticate and worry.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Glad to see Claire Davidson getting a few hits today. She was a top HS recruit and can play on the mount and in the outfield.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Let's get at least half way through this season before we prognosticate and worry.
    I agree, but Jayla (I think that’s her name from yesterday) and Claire seem good but not sure they’re an ace. Even PSG and Shelby have their bad days like they’ve showed this weekend, need that third pitcher to really step up especially as we go deeper into the season and can play more and need someone to come in for a shutdown inning.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    Great win. It is going to be interesting to see if we can beat Utah twice. If so, I expect us to jump into the mid-teens in the rankings
    The softball rankings seem rather erratic to me. The D1 Softball site had us preseason at 14, Softball America had us at 15. while the Coaches poll had us at 20.
    Whichever way, we jumped one in D1 to 13, six in the Coaches to 14, and six in Softball America to a Top Ten slot, coming in at 9. Not bad after one weekend.

https://d1softball.com/d1softball-to...nkings-week-1/

(That link lets you pick your poison.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Duke Softball has two games today as part of their 5-games in the T-Mobile Tournament in Gainesville FL. Unfortunately none of the five games are televised. Go Duke! https://goduke.com/news/2022/2/17/so...ournament.aspx

Looks like we are getting some free softball in Nova vs Louisville right now. The girls play Nova in an hour or two. Wonder if they’ll pitch Claire or Jala first and save PSG and Shelby for the top matchup against Florida and tomorrow’s games.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Duke Softball has two games today as part of their 5-games in the T-Mobile Tournament in Gainesville FL. Unfortunately none of the five games are televised. Go Duke! https://goduke.com/news/2022/2/17/so...ournament.aspx
    I don’t get why these tournaments can’t be on ESPN+ or something. Especially with all the top ranked matchups.

https://villanova.com/sports/softbal...ey-white/12754

Up against a pretty good freshman pitcher today it looks like

Duke beats Villanova 4-2.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Anyone know why Jala only played for 1 inning despite starting?

Duke trailing #4 Florida 6-2 after 4 innings.

Interesting choice to not pitch PSG against Florida. Seems like a mistake.

Final Florida 9-3.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke was held to only 3 hits in a 9-3 loss to a really good Florida team.

Walters started and gave up 4 runs, then St. George relieved and gave up another 4 runs, then Walker one more.

They need to regroup and try to have success in the remaining three games of the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Duke was held to only 3 hits in a 9-3 loss to a really good Florida team.

Walters started and gave up 4 runs, then St. George relieved and gave up another 4 runs, then Walker one more.

They need to regroup and try to have success in the remaining three games of the tourney.
    Two of those games are against Florida A&M so I don’t think they’ll have trouble there.