Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    24-2 is the final. 24 hits, 10 HRs, 9 two-out RBIs, only 1 K. All 24 runs were earned. A Duke program record for runs in a single game.
    Is there any way to swap softball runs for baseball runs? It seems like a waste the way it is.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Is there any way to swap softball runs for baseball runs? It seems like a waste the way it is.
    I've thought that too... but I'm also just enjoying the show with our Softball success.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I've thought that too... but I'm also just enjoying the show with our Softball success.
    Softball has a legit chance of back to back ACCT titles, while baseball has a more than a legit chance of going from ACCT champ to no post-season.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Softball has a legit chance of back to back ACCT titles, while baseball has a more than a legit chance of going from ACCT champ to no post-season.
    I think we have better odds of getting to the softball World Series than winning the ACC. FSU & VT are both top 5 teams this year and very good. Never say never though, I’m also enjoying the ride. Really impressive program and a really fun team to watch. Went to some games as well and the player’s families are all very into it and it seems like a “sisterhood” that rivals the basketball “brotherhood”

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    I think we have better odds of getting to the softball World Series than winning the ACC. FSU & VT are both top 5 teams this year and very good. Never say never though, I’m also enjoying the ride. Really impressive program and a really fun team to watch. Went to some games as well and the player’s families are all very into it and it seems like a “sisterhood” that rivals the basketball “brotherhood”
    It may depend on our seeding - we have the advantage of a favorable regular season schedule so we're very possibly in position to win the ACC regular season and grab the #1 seed, which would mean we'd only have to face one of FSU or VT in the Tourney.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

VT dropped a game yesterday to the Virginia team we swept to fall into a tie for first in the loss column with duke. So duke could indeed grab that acc 1 seed

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The team was setup at the FB game yesterday to sign autographs. While I didn't get any, I did take the opportunity to enthusiastically thank them for the great season they are having. I saw many girls lined up to get their signatures, and that was great. It was nice to see the team have that kind of fan impact.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    VT dropped a game yesterday to the Virginia team we swept to fall into a tie for first in the loss column with duke. So duke could indeed grab that acc 1 seed
    Nice. And it took VT 8 innings to win the third game of the series with VA.

Of the top three: FSU, VT and Duke... Duke has the easiest schedule in the last 3 weeks of the regular season. They just need to keep their focus and keep winning.

Liberty tagged Peyton for 2 runs in the B1 for a 2-0 lead.

In the 3rd, it's tied, 2-2.

Heading to the bottom of the 6th, it's 3-3. Each lead change has been led by Liberty and tied up by Duke.

Today’s an example why I think we need a 1b pitcher.

Jala in to relieve Peyton after 3 straight singles for bases loaded no outs in B6. Still 3-3 for the moment.

No disagreement, but it is what it is.

Liberty is on fire and scored 5 runs in B6 for an 8-3 lead. Duke has 3 outs left.

Liberty wins 8-3. A rare loss for Duke but Liberty is a very good team, now 32-13.

In retrospect of Duke Baseball's and Softball's trips to Lynchburg this week, I am reminded of the words a wise man said on TV not long ago.

Liberty Biberty

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    In retrospect of Duke Baseball's and Softball's trips to Lynchburg this week, I am reminded of the words a wise man said on TV not long ago.

Liberty Biberty
    Yeah... or 'Going Up In Flames' (Liberty Flames)

My initial reaction to this was "It doesn't work this way. Pretty sure you have to pitch from the mound and not first base".

Quote Originally Posted by VA_BDevil View Post
    My initial reaction to this was "It doesn't work this way. Pretty sure you have to pitch from the mound and not first base".
    Eddie Feigner of King and His Court Fame used to pitch some from second base, blindfolded...and it wasn't a gimmick (saw him do this in Durham).