Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    They have an 8 day gap between JMU and a game against Liberty before going up to Syracuse (I guess they aren't playing Easter Weekend). As such I imagine they'll come home for the interim.
    Ah missed they weren’t playing next weekend. Wonder if they’ll return to Durham tonight or not. Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I thought somebody mentioned upthread that she had already put her name in the transfer portal, with interest in a graduate program not offered by Duke.
    Can take name out of transfer portal at any time. Lots of the girls put their name in, I think to see what kind of money they could get. Just comes down for Shelby how much she wants to play for Duke for one more year on a good team vs move on in life and get a different masters.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Can take name out of transfer portal at any time. Lots of the girls put their name in, I think to see what kind of money they could get. Just comes down for Shelby how much she wants to play for Duke for one more year on a good team vs move on in life and get a different masters.
    Yes, exactly my point. Despite the mismatch with graduate programs, she may want to be part of something special at Duke next year, since she missed out on playing most of this year. She could get a 1-year Duke business degree and then go do her planned masters a year later, elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Yes, exactly my point. Despite the mismatch with graduate programs, she may want to be part of something special at Duke next year, since she missed out on playing most of this year. She could get a 1-year Duke business degree and then go do her planned masters a year later, elsewhere.
    Agreed. Will help a lot next year if she chooses to. Think we have some good freshmen pitchers coming in but there’s obviously a learning curve.

2 games today against JMU but on FloSports. JMU went to the final 4 last year, but this year they’ve lost a lot of those players and are sub-500.

also looks like we have 2 top pitchers coming next year

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Young has done a beautiful job of establishing a program in such little time, which means that of course at some point we will lose Peytons and Shelbys, and replace them with quality players.
    I am with anyone that isn't looking forward to losing either of those two, but I'm also certain that the women coming in will be just as memorable. Thankfully both of our basketball programs have done a good job of giving us a reliant history of this being true to boost our confidence.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Could you post the link? Thanks!

In today's first game with James Madison, Duke gets off to a 4-0 lead after 1/2 inning.

The game is being streamed on flosoftball.com which is a pay site (linked from goduke.com). The live stats page does not seem to be updating yet.

Could you post the link? Thanks!
    Ah, found it in the Game Notes on goduke.com:

YOUNG SIGNS NO. 9 RECRUITING CLASS ... For the second straight season, head coach Marissa Young has signed a top-10 recruiting class on National Signing Day, with the ninth ranked class per Extra Innings Softball. The top rated infielder and second highest ranked overall player in the nation, Aminah Vega, will come to Durham for the 2023 season, alongside pitcher Sophie Garner-MacKinnon (#7 overall), outfielder D’Auna Jennings (#16), pitcher Cassidy Curd (#25) and catcher Kairi Rodriguez (#37).

Ah, found it in the Game Notes on goduke.com:

YOUNG SIGNS NO. 9 RECRUITING CLASS ... For the second straight season, head coach Marissa Young has signed a top-10 recruiting class on National Signing Day, with the ninth ranked class per Extra Innings Softball. The top rated infielder and second highest ranked overall player in the nation, Aminah Vega, will come to Durham for the 2023 season, alongside pitcher Sophie Garner-MacKinnon (#7 overall), outfielder D’Auna Jennings (#16), pitcher Cassidy Curd (#25) and catcher Kairi Rodriguez (#37).
    Sweet. Thanks for posting that.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

In today's first game with James Madison, Duke gets off to a 4-0 lead after 1/2 inning.

The game is being streamed on flosoftball.com which is a pay site (linked from goduke.com). The live stats page does not seem to be updating yet.
    Wow, 10 more runs in the T2, now 14-1 Duke! Kavel with two HR today for a Duke team record 14 for the season. Davidson pitching has given up only a solo HR.

Wow, 10 more runs in the T2, now 14-1 Duke! Kavel with two HR today for a Duke team record 14 for the season. Davidson pitching has given up only a solo HR.
    How are you following? Live stats was not working for me.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    How are you following? Live stats was not working for me.
    Stated a few posts above:

Now 16-1 Duke in B3.

The live stats are coming through now but are behind the live action. Duke scored another 8 runs in the T5 for a 24-1 lead! Ten home runs!

24-2 is your final.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

24-2 is the final. 24 hits, 10 HRs, 9 two-out RBIs, only 1 K. All 24 runs were earned. A Duke program record for runs in a single game.

24-2 is the final. 24 hits, 10 HRs, 9 two-out RBIs, only 1 K. All 24 runs were earned. A Duke program record for runs in a single game.
    And they have a second game coming up...yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    And they have a second game coming up...yikes!
    Already winning 6-0

Duke wins Game 2, 10-1. Another run rule win in 6 innings. Another complete game by Peyton, who is now 17-2 on the season.

The team now has a week off before going to Liberty for a single game next Wednesday and then Syracuse for a 3-game weekend series.