Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast
    She’s out.

No need to change it she was out.

Tom Brady's niece is quite good. Two more innings,have to get some runs
    Last edited by heyman25; 05-28-2022 at 10:32 PM.

Major Base running blunder. Why Duke why?
    That was a totally boneheaded decision.

Ugh TOOTBLAN to end the inning with Jacobsen up. Inexcusable

Crabtree has been good all season but those two fielding errors yesterday and that play on the bases are killers.

Death by a billion cuts this inning

Blowing it in the 7th inning again.Very unfortunate they wilt under pressure.

Wiz again. Just unstoppable

Wright has lost all her composure. Got to get better next season. Glad they get this experience. However this has to sting.

Unraveling in the 7th inning. Soft on batting is a weakness.

Incredible season for the Softball team. The first recruits should be very proud of the program they’ve built.

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Ugh TOOTBLAN to end the inning with Jacobsen up. Inexcusable
    unfathomably stupid, take the bat out of the hands of one of your best hitters with the tying run on third...WTF?

An amazing season comes to an end.
    https://twitter.com/DukeSOFTBALL/sta...57226759041025
    Congrats, BlueDevils!!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    unfathomably stupid, take the bat out of the hands of one of your best hitters with the tying run on third...WTF?
    I think the seventh inning looks a lot different if a run scores there. Still, we went toe-to-toe with a top team hosting a Super Regional, and we were not embarrassed by any means. It's a good yardstick for the program, and there are some clear areas to improve, but our upward trend as a program is continuing. This was definitely a successful season, and I'm looking forward to following the team again next season. Good luck to Peyton with AUX, which start in just two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I think the seventh inning looks a lot different if a run scores there. Still, we went toe-to-toe with a top team hosting a Super Regional, and we were not embarrassed by any means. It's a good yardstick for the program, and there are some clear areas to improve, but our upward trend as a program is continuing. This was definitely a successful season, and I'm looking forward to following the team again next season. Good luck to Peyton with AUX, which start in just two weeks.
    Great year and trajectory for sure . But you just can’t make mistakes like that.

VT is losing 12-0 at home to Florida top 5 today, so the ACC is likely going 0-3 in super regionals. And they were seeded 3.

Winning these things is hard

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Great year and trajectory for sure . But you just can’t make mistakes like that.
    100% agree with that. TOOTBLAN was very apt for that play. There is no good excuse for that mistake in that situation. One of the clear areas in need of improvement.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    100% agree with that. TOOTBLAN was very apt for that play. There is no good excuse for that mistake in that situation. One of the clear areas in need of improvement.
    It's nice to be talking about how such a promising program needs improvement, though. It's one thing to be looking from the bottom up, when literally everything can be better. It's a joyful other thing to be looking at a program knocking on the elite's door, and finding the small things that can put us over the top.
    And I've got no doubt that the coaches will be looking.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It's nice to be talking about how such a promising program needs improvement, though. It's one thing to be looking from the bottom up, when literally everything can be better. It's a joyful other thing to be looking at a program knocking on the elite's door, and finding the small things that can put us over the top.
    And I've got no doubt that the coaches will be looking.
    I think its clear that pitching is critical for success as an elite program. Next year will be a challenge with both Peyton and Shelby gone. I believe Jala will return and probably be Duke's #1 pitcher. After that it is unclear between Claire and the two incoming Freshmen. I hope they can bring in another veteran starter through the transfer portal.