Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Keels?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Duke had a Zoom this afternoon with Joey Baker and Mark Williams—recap to come.

Before we were allowed to ask questions of the players we were informed that the players would not be questioned about injuries or Jim Harbaugh's status. Duke will provide an update when and if they have anything to share on either question.

Insert stretching-the-truth-on-one-item-but-not-the-other emoticon.
    Dammit!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I’m going to see young Mr. Keels on the court in Cameron tomorrow. I’ll tell him you said hello. 😉
    Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Please don’t encourage stalkerish behavior towards players here.

Thanks,

-jk
    I meant some kid happened to see keels on campus. That’s BOUND to happen unless Keels is hiding in a cave. How could it not??? How has no one seen him in person in three days. Must be some distortion of the space time continuum I reckon….

As opposed to all the grown men here stalking the twitters and Instagram to creepily follow a possible recruits every single word. I would NEVER do that. I don’t even have a Twitter account or Instagram etc. But to randomly pass someone in the street or on campus ? That’s just chance. I’m not advocating stalking

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Stalker
    Haha, interesting perspective, my friend.

The only thing I’m stalking is W’s for Duke basketball!

The only thing I’m stalking is for Duke W’s basketball!
    Fixed it for you(r eventual prosecution).

Duke just announced that Keels is doubtful for Syracuse. This is what I expected. The fact that he is not ruled out is a good sign. I expect him to be back for our games next week.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Update from the N & O: Keels doubtful for Syracuse

https://amp.newsobserver.com/sports/...257553648.html

Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post
    Update from the N & O: Keels doubtful for Syracuse

https://amp.newsobserver.com/sports/...257553648.html
    This is how the N&O says it:
    While a Duke source didn’t rule Keels out, the term “doubtful” was applied to his status in communication with the News & Observer.
    Another way to say it is that the Duke Sports Information Department sent an email to all media that covers the team with the following statement:
    Duke has announced freshman Trevor Keels is doubtful for Saturday’s game vs. Syracuse.

Keels left the game at Florida State on Tuesday night with a lower leg injury and did not return.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Duke Chronicle

https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...-florida-state
    Moore and Roach need to step up and give us more than Florida State game.

Haha, interesting perspective, my friend.

The only thing I’m stalking is W’s for Duke basketball!
    I giggled typing it!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is how the N&O says it:

Another way to say it is that the Duke Sports Information Department sent an email to all media that covers the team with the following statement:
    It would be pretty funny if we found out the person in charge of putting out these releases was named Joe Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...-florida-state
    Moore and Roach need to step up and give us more than Florida State game.
    Yes and gives Roach opportunity to play 30+ minutes and maybe Blakes sees the floor.

So Duke is calling it a lower leg injury. Pretty specific for this type release. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So what is the Keels injury status? I wanted to know more about Harbaugh, but that was frowned upon obviously.
    Keels is out for Saturday. Will play on Tuesday.
    Harbaugh won't sign to be our stats guy in hopes of being an asst coach.
    Don't tell anyone.
    James Bond
    Jason Bourne
    JohnB

Curious to see if Keels dresses for the game and goes through pregame warmups, or stays in street clothes. That may give us a bit of indication of how close he is to playing in our next game. Baker is going to get open looks and needs to knock them down. Wonder if we stay in the zone on defense which worked so well against FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Wonder if we stay in the zone on defense which worked so well against FSU.
    I would be pretty surprised. Syracuse's main offense is beyond the arc. We need to push them off the three-point line and in toward Mark, not the other way around. Zone worked against a top-notch driving team. Against their sharpshooters, it would not.

Lot of San Diego love in this thread, but honestly, it's kinda been slipping downhill in the last 10 years. Always been somewhat expensive, but it's def to the point now where there's no decent home to be had under 7 figures, and no NICE homes to be had anywhere under 2-2.5 mil. (unless you start looking inland or south of downtown, which believe me, you don't want).

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I would be pretty surprised. Syracuse's main offense is beyond the arc. We need to push them off the three-point line and in toward Mark, not the other way around. Zone worked against a top-notch driving team. Against their sharpshooters, it would not.
    anyone see Keels before the game? did he look fine walking? Did he dress or warm-up? thanks in advance. for information

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Yes and gives Roach opportunity to play 30+ minutes and maybe Blakes sees the floor.

So Duke is calling it a lower leg injury. Pretty specific for this type release. 😀
    Blakes has not had much playing time. He really looked bad during his brief time as point guard today.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Blakes has not had much playing time. He really looked bad during his brief time as point guard today.
    his shooting was really bad, badly off on relatively open shots. He was credited with an assist and a steal, and a turnover. I'd say, overall, a mixed bag, but certainly not impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    anyone see Keels before the game? did he look fine walking? Did he dress or warm-up? thanks in advance. for information
    Anything?