Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Keels?

La Jolla is incredible as is all the cities in North San Diego County. When I was an undergraduate I worked at La Costa in 1974. My father's first cousin Allard Roen was a director of operations there and I think a Duke graduate that had a scholarship to play baseball. From Carlsbad, Leucadia, Encinitas,Cardiff by the Sea,Solano Beach, and Del Mar. Best seafood taco can be purchased and consumed at Haggos Tacos the Cousteau Catch!
    https://www.sandiego.org/explore/coa...y-coastal.aspx
    http://www.haggosorganictaco.com/
    Last edited by heyman25; 01-20-2022 at 06:10 PM. Reason: mistake on a link

Duke had a Zoom this afternoon with Joey Baker and Mark Williams—recap to come.

Before we were allowed to ask questions of the players we were informed that the players would not be questioned about injuries or Jim Harbaugh's status. Duke will provide an update when and if they have anything to share on either question.

Insert stretching-the-truth-on-one-item-but-not-the-other emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Before we were allowed to ask questions of the players we were informed that the players would not be questioned about injuries or Jim Harbaugh's status. Duke will provide an update when and if they have anything to share on either question.

So what is the Keels injury status? I wanted to know more about Harbaugh, but that was frowned upon obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Not sure he thinks the job is done. But it's possible he thinks the job is *impossible* after looking at the players/rosters of UGa and Bama, their recruiting budgets, their NIL programs already in place, etc, etc, etc. May as well go to the NFL. Prob easier to win a super bowl in a place like Vegas than to win a CFB playoff from anywhere outside the SEC. Plus the money is likely better, and recruiting goes away. (that's a win-win-win scenario)

We're VEEERY close to the point where even the Clemsons and Ohio States are going to be double digit dogs to the best SEC teams.

NIL has made college sports "fair" to the athletes, but very "unfair" in increasing an already uneven playing field among the universities that compete in D1/FBS/whatever you want to call it.
    This.
    i think that's why Brian Kelly left. He had taken Notre Dame as far as he could and realized that the ceiling at Notre Dame is not enough to win a CFP. You can get there but the best SEC teams are significantly better. And then he looked at LSU and thought if Coach O can win a national title there I can too. Plus unlike Urban Meyer, Harbaugh has been a successful NFL coach.
    The other scary part for the ACC is that they are the worst Power 5 conference in basketball this year, if you go by KenPom.

I hope Trevor Keels recovers quickly.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Rename the thread “Jim Harbaugh job vigil?”
    My years long stealth quest to make you all care a tiny bit about Michigan sports has succeeded!
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    So what is the Keels injury status? I wanted to know more about Harbaugh, but that was frowned upon obviously.
    Duke treats injuries like they're nuclear codes. No update on Keels.

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    This.
    i think that's why Brian Kelly left. He had taken Notre Dame as far as he could and realized that the ceiling at Notre Dame is not enough to win a CFP. You can get there but the best SEC teams are significantly better. And then he looked at LSU and thought if Coach O can win a national title there I can too. Plus unlike Urban Meyer, Harbaugh has been a successful NFL coach.
    The other scary part for the ACC is that they are the worst Power 5 conference in basketball this year, if you go by KenPom.

I hope Trevor Keels recovers quickly.
    Brian Kelly left because he was too lazy to recruit at a school like ND...

So how is Keels' leg? Having also ruptured an achilles, I am pretty certain he didn't do that—there's absolutely no way he'd be jogging around in the hallway outside the locker room with a torn achilles. I had pretty much a full tear, but even a partial is pretty much immediately debilitating, and there's no way you're able to hop at all off the ruptured leg—you can bring the toe up toward the shin, but with an achilles tear you can't point your toe, which means you got no hops off that leg. Hoping he'll be up and running at full speed soon, whether he plays or not.

Hahaha! I am aware. The football is secure!

Darn. I really wanted to hear Joey Baker discuss his feelings on crucial Jim Harbaugh issues such as "Khakis: Pleated or Flat Front".

On topic, I have no information on Keels other than what my eyes showed me on the broadcast. As someone who has broken their fibula in a situation similar to what happened to Trevor I feared that might be what happened to him. However, the way he was jogging on it in the hallway during the game made it likely that was not the case. While we know Duke guards injury info like gold in Fort Knox I have to think if there was a broken bone they would have announced something by now. That leads me to think this a short term situation of a game or two. So I like Jason's secret intel because it is optimistic and aligns with my eye test
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Darn. I really wanted to hear Joey Baker discuss his feelings on crucial Jim Harbaugh issues such as "Khakis: Pleated or Flat Front".

On topic, I have no information on Keels other than what my eyes showed me on the broadcast. As someone who has broken their fibula in a situation similar to what happened to Trevor I feared that might be what happened to him. However, the way he was jogging on it in the hallway during the game made it likely that was not the case. While we know Duke guards injury info like gold in Fort Knox I have to think if there was a broken bone they would have announced something by now. That leads me to think this a short term situation of a game or two. So I like Jason's secret intel because it is optimistic and aligns with my eye test
    My first thought was avulsion or spiral fracture.

Based on the responses to the Tenting Quiz thread, it seems like we have a lot of DBR posters with kids currently at Duke. Has anyone's kid seen Keels on campus? I feel like this is the equivalent of tracking planes for recruiting updates.

Note that someone awkwardly walking up the Gross Chem steps does not indicate an injury.

All we are going to get is the infamous "lower body injury" !

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    All we are going to get is the infamous "lower body injury" !
    Has anyone or someone’s child seen Keels on campus? I would think so. .. what’s the word from someone who has seen him?

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’d rather live in San Diego…
    I have lived in a lot of places with San Diego being one of my favorite.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Has anyone or someone’s child seen Keels on campus? I would think so. .. what’s the word from someone who has seen him?
    Please don’t encourage stalkerish behavior towards players here.

Thanks,

-jk

Let's get some good, old-fashioned positive ju-ju going for Trevor.

"It's Over!"

There. We'll see him again in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post

"It's Over!"

That's some fine reverse jinx!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post

"It's Over!"

I’m going to see young Mr. Keels on the court in Cameron tomorrow. I’ll tell him you said hello. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I’m going to see young Mr. Keels on the court in Cameron tomorrow. I’ll tell him you said hello. 😉
    Please do. You lucky dog!

Cut lent K his Cone of Silence and K now refuses to give it back. Figures Cut won't be needing it.