Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keels?

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    This may be where he got it, not that we know where this guy got his info.
    https://twitter.com/dukebetter/statu...358287360?s=21
    That is not where I got it. I really don't want to say more.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    JasonEvans, man of mystery.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Just admit you have Coach Krzyzewski and Coach Scheyer — or as you know them, Mike and Jon — on speed dial.

Nothing wrong with the occasional name-drop.

it beats having to read about the Achilles obsession

Jason needs to protect his sources so he can keep getting great guests for the podcast.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I would much rather have a trusted, albeit mysterious, source in JasonEvans than be in the situation Michigan fans are in, where every day a new "insider" pops up saying they have the scoop on what's going on in Jim Harbaugh's mind.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    I would much rather have a trusted, albeit mysterious, source in JasonEvans than be in the situation Michigan fans are in, where every day a new "insider" pops up saying they have the scoop on what's going on in Jim Harbaugh's mind.
    I'm on team "keep Harbaugh." I don't follow Michigan that closely, but the UM/OSU game was the most fun I had watching sports in 2021.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm on team "keep Harbaugh." I don't follow Michigan that closely, but the UM/OSU game was the most fun I had watching sports in 2021.
    I am too, but believe it or not it's HIM that may want to go to the NFL. Today the rumor is he'll take the Raiders' job if he's offered it with enough control of the roster (worked out great with Urban Meyer, why not try that again, lol). A few days ago it was he was just flirting with the NFL to get a new contract and pressure Michigan into investing into NIL to make the program competitive in the long run. It's a mess.

At this point I'm in the camp of, "If this guy who supposedly loves Michigan so much thinks the job is done after one successful year, then good riddance." I hope that's not the case though.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

I am too, but believe it or not it's HIM that may want to go to the NFL. Today the rumor is he'll take the Raiders' job if he's offered it with enough control of the roster (worked out great with Urban Meyer, why not try that again, lol). A few days ago it was he was just flirting with the NFL to get a new contract and pressure Michigan into investing into NIL to make the program competitive in the long run. It's a mess.

At this point I'm in the camp of, "If this guy who supposedly loves Michigan so much thinks the job is done after one successful year, then good riddance." I hope that's not the case though.
    I’m sure the Michigan job is a great one, but if someone offered me lots of money to move from Ann Arbor to Vegas, dropping all of my recruiting duties in the process, I would listen.
    Carolina delenda est

Not sure he thinks the job is done. But it's possible he thinks the job is *impossible* after looking at the players/rosters of UGa and Bama, their recruiting budgets, their NIL programs already in place, etc, etc, etc. May as well go to the NFL. Prob easier to win a super bowl in a place like Vegas than to win a CFB playoff from anywhere outside the SEC. Plus the money is likely better, and recruiting goes away. (that's a win-win-win scenario)

We're VEEERY close to the point where even the Clemsons and Ohio States are going to be double digit dogs to the best SEC teams.

NIL has made college sports "fair" to the athletes, but very "unfair" in increasing an already uneven playing field among the universities that compete in D1/FBS/whatever you want to call it.

I beg to differ slightly. Michigan has had many “successful” seasons under Harbaugh as far as I can tell. They’ve gone 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 9-4, and 12-2 in his six full seasons. That puts them comfortably within the upper echelon of the Big Ten — which is perhaps the second-best conference in all of college football.

And that’s been done with a student acceptance rate of 26% versus, for example, Ohio State’s 69%. It would therefore follow that it’s more difficult to get students who want to play football admitted to Michigan compared to that of Ohio State. It’s not a level playing field.

All things considered I think Harbaugh has done quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    it beats having to read about the Achilles obsession
    Which we’ve apparently abandoned as a topic in favor of Univ of Michigan…
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Rename the thread “Jim Harbaugh job vigil?”

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’m sure the Michigan job is a great one, but if someone offered me lots of money to move from Ann Arbor to Vegas, dropping all of my recruiting duties in the process, I would listen.
    Wait, you’d rather live in Las Vegas than Ann Arbor? Yes, the winters in Ann Arbor are significantly worse than in Vegas, but that’s about the only positive I see in Vegas’s favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I beg to differ slightly. Michigan has had many “successful” seasons under Harbaugh as far as I can tell. They’ve gone 10-3, 10-3, 8-5, 10-3, 9-4, and 12-2 in his six full seasons. That puts them comfortably within the upper echelon of the Big Ten — which is perhaps the second-best conference in all of college football.

And that’s been done with a student acceptance rate of 26% versus, for example, Ohio State’s 69%. It would therefore follow that it’s more difficult to get students who want to play football admitted to Michigan compared to that of Ohio State. It’s not a level playing field.

All things considered I think Harbaugh has done quite well.
    Do you honestly think Michigan (or Duke, for that matter) has problems getting exceptional football players admitted?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Do you honestly think Michigan (or Duke, for that matter) has problems getting exceptional football players admitted?
    As compared to Ohio State? Yes, I do think it’s a factor in some cases. Absolutely.

Wait, you’d rather live in Las Vegas than Ann Arbor? Yes, the winters in Ann Arbor are significantly worse than in Vegas, but that’s about the only positive I see in Vegas’s favor.
    I’d rather live in San Diego with a nice place to stay in Vegas during the work week and a few boatloads of money to make that life really nice.
    Carolina delenda est

Wrong. Have you ever lived in Vegas or even left the strip if you visited?

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Wrong. Have you ever lived in Vegas or even left the strip if you visited?
    At least you’re not biased!!

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I’d rather live in San Diego with a nice place to stay in Vegas during the work week and a few boatloads of money to make that life really nice.
    Well, of course. San Diego is an amazing place to live — especially if you can afford to live in the La Jolla neighborhood. It’s on my very short list of potential future places to reside. I would just have to convince my wife to leave Durham/Chapel Hill. That would not be an easy proposition.