Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Keels?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Anything?
    On the ESPN TV feed they showed a shot of the bench early in the game and it appeared that Keels was in street clothes. No telling if he had participated in any warm-up or shoot-around activites. It may be possible, but doubtful, that he did and then got dressed again for the game, knowing he would not play.

keels2.jpg
    Last edited by DoubleBlue; 01-22-2022 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Added screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    Lot of San Diego love in this thread, but honestly, it's kinda been slipping downhill in the last 10 years. Always been somewhat expensive, but it's def to the point now where there's no decent home to be had under 7 figures, and no NICE homes to be had anywhere under 2-2.5 mil. (unless you start looking inland or south of downtown, which believe me, you don't want).
    The family and I left in 2003 - the signs were clear then. The only things I miss from San Diego are the San Diego Track Club (Coach Paul Greer was thoroughly awesome), the La Jolla cove where I could swim 3-5 miles when it was too hot to run, and February, which is always nicer there than here in the Inland Northwest.

The latest update sounds like Keels will not be available against Louisville.

However, I am ever the optimist with a tie in to the article on the front page.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...i-brad-browned

The main thought I took away is that the physical nature of the college game wears out young players which might start to show up in late January and February games.

However, Trevor is "resting" involuntarily, so he may be the freshest player on the court when he gets back which would be an advantage for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    On the ESPN TV feed they showed a shot of the bench early in the game and it appeared that Keels was in street clothes. No telling if he had participated in any warm-up or shoot-around activites. It may be possible, but doubtful, that he did and then got dressed again for the game, knowing he would not play.

keels2.jpg
    He was in the shoot around in long pants. He looked okay.

Trevor

I wonder what criteria will be used to determine when Trevor will be back playing.

1. He returns to typical mobility without the likelihood of reinjury.

2. He demonstrates in multiple practice sessions that he has mobility, is free of pain and regains his conditioning.

We have heard from Carawell that he is making progress, but as usual with injuries, we hear nothing definitive. We need him and is frustrating as a fan to see him continue on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    We need him and is frustrating as a fan to see him continue on the sidelines.
    My preference is Keels stays on the sidelines until he is fully healthy. You’re correct we need him but we need him more in March / April than late January.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    My preference is Keels stays on the sidelines until he is fully healthy. You’re correct we need him but we need him more in March / April than late January.
    Correct. I think playing without him for a few may make Duke better down the road. Forces different people to step up. Roach has been exceptional with his floor game the last 2. Hit some big shots. Joey and Bates too.