Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Where will Capel be coaching next year?
    He may be not coaching like Wojo.

Heels look good.

Monsanto from Wake just drilled three consecutive heat check threes to stretch the lead to 19. I love watching him pile it on the CHeats, even if he is destroying the farming industry.

Yep he’s playing like a two headed monster another byproduct from the good folks at Monsanto.

Everyone... I mean all of you... who posted in this thread earlier in the week about how fearsome UNC looked and how they were clearly the second best team in the conference and you were just hoping Duke might, somehow, manage to find a way to get a split against the Heels.

You need to come back and take your medicine.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Everyone... I mean all of you... who posted in this thread earlier in the week about how fearsome UNC looked and how they were clearly the second best team in the conference and you were just hoping Duke might, somehow, manage to find a way to get a split against the Heels.

I definitely said they were playing like the second best team in the conference (and they were). I definitely did not say I was hoping to somehow get a split with them. Did anyone actually say that?

They clearly decided this week to - for whatever reason - stop playing like the team from their previous 10 games, and start playing like a middling team. I suspect it has something to do with playing decent teams away from the Dome, which was not a major part of their prior 10 games..

Forbes isn’t taking out his starters. Can Wake hang 100 on them?

Oops, spoke too soon, I guess he did.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I definitely said they were playing like the second best team in the conference (and they were). I definitely did not say I was hoping to somehow get a split with them. Did anyone actually say that?

They clearly decided this week to - for whatever reason - stop playing like the team from their previous 10 games, and start playing like a middling team. I suspect it has something to do with playing decent teams away from the Dome, which was not a major part of their prior 10 games..
    Their road performances have been awful. But you know they'll play well in the Duke games.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Well they crushed 3 of their previous 4 opponents before this recent slide- something that Duke had not done in conference. But there is something going on. Hubert noted that there was no leadership on the floor. Some unhappiness somewhere. But in a game against Duke - nothing is certain.

They also are home for a long stretch to right the ship.

Outscored the last two games by a combined 50 points. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It is quite enjoyable. Only thing more enjoyable is if/when we do it to them!

Man alive there's men alive in there. Wowsa.
    Haha hahaha.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Howard playing on MLK Day makes sense to me. I didn’t get the Notre Dame connection.
    State shot 60% FGs and would have shot 60% from 3 had not some deep bench guy come in for the last 2 minutes and miss 2 3s. They just ate UVA's defense and just spit it out.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It takes some kind of coaching to do that when you’ve got the ACC player of the year and the defensive player of the year on your team.

Are the Tar Heels legit the fourth-best ACC team in the State?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Are the Tar Heels legit the fourth-best ACC team in the State?
    And Davidson is 16-2 (I know they are not ACC but that would make UNC the 5th best overall team in the State).

Cheats lost by 22, and 2 of Wake's best players didn't even score!!! Mucius and Walton were 0fers, but the other 3 starters all just went off! The low scorer of the 3 "only" got 19 points, but only took 9 shots to get them. LaRavia, Williams, and Williamson combined to shoot 68% from the floor and 7-12 from 3. Amazing.
    Their super sub, Sy, also didn't score, and yet Wake almost scored 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Kind of, which makes it even stranger. He'll still be "with the team", but he won't be playing in games. One would think that if it were academics, that wouldn't be the case.

Of course though, it's UNC, so what's strange to everyone else is likely completely normal in their eyes.

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-gu...ason/20089852/
    Widely discussed rumor on IC is academically ineligible. Which fits with above quotes and the fact that he stopped playing exactly when Spring semester started.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    And Davidson is 16-2 (I know they are not ACC but that would make UNC the 5th best overall team in the State).
    Yup. I can endorse this with vim, vigor and full gusto.

That was fun to watch, but I REALLY wish they hadn't stormed the court at Wake.

Totally uncalled for.