MLK Day: ND @Howard

Yesterday, I was scanning today's CBB games and noticed that Notre Dame is playing at Howard here in DC today. I thought that was odd, but remembered that the two coaches overlapped at Duke in the early 1990s, and thought that was probably the connection. Found a CBS Sports preview, which tells a nice story about how this game came to be:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...220117_ND@HOW/

"This game came about as a result of a conversation that I had with Mike Brey," Blakeney told the Washington Informer. "I have always had great respect for him. He is a progressive thinker and he saw this as an opportunity to educate his young student-athletes on the value of history of African Americans."

The story has at least one inaccuracy: says Brey and Blakeney were part of Duke teams that won back to back championships in 1992 and 1993. Oooppps.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    With 15 minutes left to go, Howard is winning, 40-38.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    71-68 final, ND wins. Great finish, Howard was down by double digits and fought back to within one.
    Really good game to watch.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."