Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Snomicron 2022

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The flat needs about 1/8” of fat all across it; the point/deckel should be fatty like a pork butt with all of the harder, non-rendering fat trimmed off before cooking. (Unless CB&B says differently, then listen to him instead).
    Yes, I'm generally comfortable deferring to CB&B on meat related issues.

Making the most of it with the missus.
    IMG_20220116_144813.jpg
    Let's go Duke!

Y'all can ask anyone you want about cooking, but consumption questions should be directed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    IMG_20220116_144813.jpg
    My 7 year old saw that over my shoulder and couldn’t stop laughing. He was also very impressed by your snowperson.

It is also rare that a kid in NY is feeling snow envy towards NC.

IMG_20220116_144813.jpg
    fine looking couple!

IMG_20220116_144813.jpg
    Very cool.im stuck making wet sand people .(not star wars related)

The snowman is better looking than me, no doubt.

quasi blizzardy conditions this morning, big snow, 55 mph winds...but the visibility is a bit too much...weirdly we have a flock of bluebirds happily facing into the wind, sitting in an oak tree.

everyone got power down there?

Looks like Durham got a bad dosage of ice yesterday, how are the roads today? I'm not seeing any stories of major power outages there, I hope that is so. The semi hanging off the overpass over 15-501 made for a pretty dramatic picture.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    quasi blizzardy conditions this morning, big snow, 55 mph winds...but the visibility is a bit too much...weirdly we have a flock of bluebirds happily facing into the wind, sitting in an oak tree.

everyone got power down there?
    In Greenville, SC power is mostly back on. Looking at a wider area, it looks like about 15k people each of NC and SC are still in the dark.

Tuesday morning will probably be rather nasty for walking and driving as the melting today will be frozen and slick early tomorrow.

Walking around the neighborhood this morning I spied a telltale sign of northern incursion. Southerners don't get the frozen stuff often enough to remember this.

northerners-in-SC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Looks like Durham got a bad dosage of ice yesterday, how are the roads today? I'm not seeing any stories of major power outages there, I hope that is so. The semi hanging off the overpass over 15-501 made for a pretty dramatic picture.
    It was mostly either rain or warm enough that the ice/freezing rain didn't accumulate in Raleigh. My impression is that it was a little icier but more or less the same in Durham.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    It was mostly either rain or warm enough that the ice/freezing rain didn't accumulate in Raleigh. My impression is that it was a little icier but more or less the same in Durham.
    In central Durham, most of what we received was sleet, which was much better than freezing rain. The high winds also never materialized, so we got off easy. The issue was slick conditions on the road, but it is slushy now so not a big deal.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The flat needs about 1/8” of fat all across it; the point/deckel should be fatty like a pork butt with all of the harder, non-rendering fat trimmed off before cooking. (Unless CB&B says differently, then listen to him instead).
    HA! That sounds like a fine brisket to me.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    In Greenville, SC power is mostly back on. Looking at a wider area, it looks like about 15k people each of NC and SC are still in the dark.

Tuesday morning will probably be rather nasty for walking and driving as the melting today will be frozen and slick early tomorrow.

Walking around the neighborhood this morning I spied a telltale sign of northern incursion. Southerners don't get the frozen stuff often enough to remember this.

northerners-in-SC.jpg
    Greenville got prominent mention in the national story our sadsack local paper carried...

Big wind and snow here until around midnight...

Greenville got prominent mention in the national story our sadsack local paper carried...

Big wind and snow here until around midnight...
    “Big Wind” is my trail name.

There's already talk about "winter weather" in the Triangle for the upcoming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepos View Post
    In central Durham, most of what we received was sleet, which was much better than freezing rain. The high winds also never materialized, so we got off easy. The issue was slick conditions on the road, but it is slushy now so not a big deal.
    The TV mentioned a tornado in Durham this morning. Was this an "alternative fact"?

Section 15

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    “Big Wind” is my trail name.
    At least it is not Break Wind.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    There's already talk about "winter weather" in the Triangle for the upcoming weekend.
    I picked up a lot of bread and milk futures today and will soon be as rich as a Boston Cream Pie.

I picked up a lot of bread and milk futures today and will soon be as rich as a Boston Cream Pie.
    Winthorpe and Valentine suggest Orange Juice futures.