Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snomicron 2022

Snomicron 2022

Just north of downtown Greenville, SC near Furman University I awoke to somewhere between 3 and 6 inches of snow. It's hard to tell the exact depth because the 40 mph winds are blowing drifts and I measure anywhere between 2 and 11 inches. The precipitation has changed to mostly sleet now and we may get freezing rain and then snow again later in the day.

Fun times.

snowmaggedon-Furman-pool.jpg

snowmaggedon-Furman-parking.jpg

So personally I thought this should have gone in the weird weather thread, but the title is top tier and I think it should stay up.

yes, I see a WInter Storm Warning for Durham, ice, snow, the whole thing...then it comes to us...we have -20 now, then a sunny day, then 6-13 inches of snow tomorrow...weather channel will be in orgasmitron mode. (great thread title)

At least five inches on the ground in Asheville, and forecasting snow all day into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    At least five inches on the ground in Asheville, and forecasting snow all day into the night.
    Here in Greenville, SC they're predicting Ice, Ice Baby for the next several hours on top of the snow and winds up to 50 mph. --> Broken limbs, downed trees, power outages. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yes, I see a WInter Storm Warning for Durham, ice, snow, the whole thing...then it comes to us...we have -20 now, then a sunny day, then 6-13 inches of snow tomorrow...weather channel will be in orgasmitron mode. (great thread title)
    That -20 must be wind chill number and has no real meaning as to inanimate objects.

Here in NY it has been below 20 for the past 36 hours. It is supposed to warm up very quickly this afternoon. Precipitation is starting around 6 pm, and it will keep getting warmer so depending on the specific area, it will generally start as snow but very quickly turn to really heavy rain. Kids are off school tomorrow so rather than being able to go out and play in the snow, they will be stuck inside all day due to cold rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That -20 must be wind chill number and has no real meaning as to inanimate objects.
    ??? What's that supposed to mean? Do you think budwom is an inanimate object? Yeah, if humans didn't exist I don't think there would be any measurement such as a wind chill factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    nope. -20 was the temp in American degrees.

It was -20 and breezy yesterday morning, giving a wind chill of -43 according to the National Weather Service. Not much breeze today.

Last evening the weather mavens were predicting 3-7 inches in my neck of middle Tennessee. This morning they're saying it stays a little warmer than expected. I saw about 15 minutes of big fluffy flakes shortly after first light, but otherwise nothing but dreary rain, and the temp is slowly rising. I am most disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    ??? What's that supposed to mean? Do you think budwom is an inanimate object? Yeah, if humans didn't exist I don't think there would be any measurement such as a wind chill factor.
    I have it on good authority Budwom is quite animated.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Here in eastern NC it's NoSnomicron
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    And your BBQ is substandard.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Don't make me flame you.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Don't make me flame you.
    Hahaha! I love Eastern style too. Just kidding!

Reported.

Don't make me flame you.
    Maybe CD just wants to get warm.
    Section 15

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Reported.
    Full disclosure: live in NW NC but my favorite BBQ is Texas brisket. Fatty only. Skinny brisket is just pot roast.

Yeah, in the Triangle it's more of a Necrainomicon.

Full disclosure: live in NW NC but my favorite BBQ is Texas brisket. Fatty only. Skinny brisket is just pot roast.
    The flat needs about 1/8” of fat all across it; the point/deckel should be fatty like a pork butt with all of the harder, non-rendering fat trimmed off before cooking. (Unless CB&B says differently, then listen to him instead).