Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Bob Saget

RIP Bob Saget

Darn! Two in one day! And Bob was only 65.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/tm...hotel-room.amp

RIP Bob

Danny Tanner on Full House. Great show and I’ll always remember him from that show!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Darn! Two in one day! And Bob was only 65.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/tm...hotel-room.amp
    Wow. Unexpected. He was in the middle of a tour. Wonder what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Wow. Unexpected. He was in the middle of a tour. Wonder what happened.
    He was found dead today at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando. Sheriff’s deputies don’t expect foul play or drug usage.

RIP. Very sad. In addition to his best known roles, I enjoyed him as the voice of future Ted on How I Met Your Mother.

Also the first host of AFHV.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Also the first host of AFHV.
    Which is so hard to process given how raunchy his comedy was. The Comedy Central roast of Bob Saget was one of the funniest they ever did. Too young. Sheesh. RIP.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Which is so hard to process given how raunchy his comedy was. The Comedy Central roast of Bob Saget was one of the funniest they ever did. Too young. Sheesh. RIP.
    He was great in the Aristocrats

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    He was great in the Aristocrats
    Was just going to post this.

ETA: for those unfamiliar:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Aristocrats_(film)
    Last edited by OldPhiKap; 01-10-2022 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    He made some incredibly off-color jokes in the AFHV outtakes. The things that man said about babies and cats.

I have a bootleg copy of Rodney Dangerfield's 9th Annual Young Comedians Special. I think I was in high school when it first came on, maybe late jr high. My best friend's dad had recorded it off HBO, and we wore that betamax tape out watching it over and over. Knew it by heart. Bought the bootleg years ago b/c I could not find it available to buy. I think Youtube has it now. Bob Saget was pretty raunchy, but funny. His goofy expressions.

FYI: It also had Sam Kinison, Louie Anderson, Rita Rudner, Bob Nelson, Yakov Smirnoff, and some others.

He made some incredibly off-color jokes in the AFHV outtakes. The things that man said about babies and cats.
    Haven’t we all. Particularly the musical.

Head trauma named COD. Did not expect that.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...003351690.html

Head trauma named COD. Did not expect that.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...003351690.html
    I know, scary, huh? How hard do you have to whack your head to know you need to go to the hospital? Sometimes you don't know!

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I know, scary, huh? How hard do you have to whack your head to know you need to go to the hospital? Sometimes you don't know!
    Very. He must have hit it hard in just the right way.

Very. He must have hit it hard in just the right way.
    Or perhaps just the wrong way.

-jk

My uncle died six months ago from head trauma. They had ordered a new bedroom set. In preparation for the delivery, they removed the headboard from their old set the night before. He woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom tripped and hit his head on the headboard that had been placed against a wall. He and my aunt didn't think much of it and he went back to bed. The next morning he had stroke like symptoms and my aunt took him to the ER. He had a brain bleed. The whole situation was complicated by the fact that he was on blood thinners for a heart condition which he was soon to have surgery to repair. My understanding was that removing him from the blood thinners would be very dangerous for his heart but not taking him off of them would make it almost impossible to stop the bleed. Anyway, he didn't make.

Reading the Saget COD was just sad and I'm hopeful that my aunt didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    My uncle died six months ago from head trauma. They had ordered a new bedroom set. In preparation for the delivery, they removed the headboard from their old set the night before. He woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom tripped and hit his head on the headboard that had been placed against a wall. He and my aunt didn't think much of it and he went back to bed. The next morning he had stroke like symptoms and my aunt took him to the ER. He had a brain bleed. The whole situation was complicated by the fact that he was on blood thinners for a heart condition which he was soon to have surgery to repair. My understanding was that removing him from the blood thinners would be very dangerous for his heart but not taking him off of them would make it almost impossible to stop the bleed. Anyway, he didn't make.

Very sorry for your loss. That is both very sad and scary.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post

I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for having the strength to post this. I will remember it as a warning to take head injuries/accidents seriously.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Very sorry for your loss. That is both very sad and scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for having the strength to post this. I will remember it as a warning to take head injuries/accidents seriously.
    Thank you. It was a difficult and scary situation for sure.

My father actually died 2 months before my uncle from autoimmune hemolytic anemia. He was fine one day and in the ICU fighting for his life the next. He spent 31 days in the ICU and had over 70 units of blood over those 31 days. He was unresponsive to all protocol treatment (IVIG, Steroids, rituximab, etc). Ultimately, they removed his spleen to stop the issue which seemed to work, but he went into cardiac arrest about 36 hours after the surgery. Anyway, my poor aunt lost her big brother and her husband in the course of about 2 months.

Sorry to hijack the Bob Saget thread with my own personal issues...