View Poll Results: Who was Duke's Man of the Match in the loss to Miami tonight?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mark Williams

25 65.79%
  • Paolo Banchero

10 26.32%
  • Wendell Moore, Jr.

0 0%
  • Trevor Keels

0 0%
  • Jeremy Roach

0 0%
  • AJ Griffin

2 5.26%
  • Theo John

1 2.63%
  • Joey Baker

0 0%
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MOTM: Duke v Miami (Jan 8, 2022)

Who was Duke's Man of the Match in the loss to Miami tonight?
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

arthurweasley.jpg

Mark Williams had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 6 blocks, and shot 6-of-8 from the field (box score). To my eyes it seemed like Jim Larrañaga's plan, at least in the first half, was to try to keep the ball out of Williams' hands. And those intercepted passes (part of Miami's 15 steals) certainly kept the game close.

I thought Moore had a rather poor game with 6 turnovers, he fouled a three point shooter and seemed to make bad decisions. This is two games in a row. I thought Banchero also was somewhat weak with the ball despite getting 20 points. IN my opinion, Williams play well for Duke but they did have trouble getting him the ball inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    I thought Moore had a rather poor game with 6 turnovers, he fouled a three point shooter and seemed to make bad decisions. This is two games in a row. I thought Banchero also was somewhat weak with the ball despite getting 20 points. IN my opinion, Williams play well for Duke but they did have trouble getting him the ball inside.
    I thought Williams was great.

Miami just didn’t have an answer for him.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Nobody had a truly sterling performance. Banchero filled the stat sheet, but he didn't control the game. Wendell filled the stat sheet, too, but some of those were the wrong kind of stats. His rebounding was mostly a function of Mark's block attempts leaving the weak side open. I voted for Mark, who seemed to make the most difference defensively, which is where the team was really lacking.

Banchero is my pick. If he'd grabbed that big rebound (he could block out one, but not two guys, it turned out) we'd be talking comparisons with Laettner, Hill, Hurley etc.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!