Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    This is just a brutal takedown of Lefty. I would excerpt my favorite section but it would get wankerized.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...IfM?li=BBnb7Kz
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    One thing about Eamon Lynch - he typically does not “hold back” and he usually “tells it like it is!”
    Among the golf commentator set, Lefty appears to have lost (at a mimimum), Alan Shipnuck, Eamon Lynch, and Brandel Chamblee. I curious about what the late Tim Rosaforte's take would have been. Haven't yet seen anything from Jaime Diaz. What's the old saying about getting in fights with those who buy ink by the barrel?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Yeah, I saw where KPMG ditched him. I’m not sure if they’ll be the last sponsor to sever ties!
    Will they also be ditching their own Saudi operations? Phil is a jerk, but I don't think there are many people or businesses in this country who can actually claim the moral high ground here (despite nearly everyone trying to).

I don’t really get the outrage over Phil’s recent comments. Not that they aren’t bad - they certainly are - but I just don’t think they are new news. Wasn’t it obvious that Phil was trying to leverage the PGA into caving to his desires? And didn’t everyone already have information on how the Saudis operate? I don’t get why Shipnuks reporting was such a bombshell. What is more interesting to me is how sharp JT and Rory’s comments were towards Phil, who has done more in the game than either of them. And these are usually guys who are careful and measured with their words so them blasting him tells me both that a)
    they really don’t like the guy at all, and b) they feel they won’t take heat for these comments as their peers feel the same way. Especially compared to the reverence the younger generation has for Tiger. I would imagine it will be very awkward for Phil in the locker room next time he plays a PGA tour event.

Mickelson has often appeared on the list of most arrogant/phony golfers, even before this attempt to lure players from the PGA. It seems you either love him or hate him.

GoDuke!

Workday and Callaway also dumping Phil. Seems cozying up to a murderous MotherPhucker isn’t good business after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Workday and Callaway also dumping Phil. Seems cozying up to a murderous MotherPhucker isn’t good business after all.
    Is there anyone left? Somehow Phil wearing his own “jump man” logo everywhere - hat, shirt front, shirt sleeve, bag, headcovers - seems about right.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Is there anyone left? Somehow Phil wearing his own “jump man” logo everywhere - hat, shirt front, shirt sleeve, bag, headcovers - seems about right.
    You mean the one where he elevated 6 inches?

I’m sure Greg Norman would happily sign him up to wear Shark gear.

I’m sure Greg Norman would happily sign him up to wear Shark gear.
    Not sure since Phil single handedly destroyed all momentum the league had by opening his mouth to prove how smart, aware, and strategic he believes himself to be. I don’t think he has any allies left after fire bombing both sides.

Berger lost a 5-shot lead in 5 holes. Still tied going into the back nine.

ESPN has been running an ad for The Masters (with Ray Charles singing "Georgia on my Mind") very frequently and the opening clip is of Phil. I'm surprised that hasn't been edited yet.

This may be the strangest Players Championship in history. Some players have only gotten in 11 holes so far. After being in the high 80s a few days ago, once this front goes through this morning it's gonna be in mid-50s today and tomorrow (down to 36 overnight!). And really windy today (over 20 mph), should be fun viewing...but not fun for the players. Hope they have the course microphones on and no censor delay.

May go into Monday. No way they shorten the biggest purse of the season to 54 holes.

How do you play 17 in 20 mph winds?

This may be the strangest Players Championship in history. Some players have only gotten in 11 holes so far. After being in the high 80s a few days ago, once this front goes through this morning it's gonna be in mid-50s today and tomorrow (down to 36 overnight!). And really windy today (over 20 mph), should be fun viewing...but not fun for the players. Hope they have the course microphones on and no censor delay.

May go into Monday. No way they shorten the biggest purse of the season to 54 holes.

How do you play 17 in 20 mph winds?
    From the drop zone?

From the drop zone?
    I thought about that...but since it's closer, don't they launch the ball even higher?

Also, I don't believe they've ever let some players (not full field) play from a different tee because of conditions. Now if everyone had finished 2 rounds, maybe. I think they're just gonna have to suck it up.

Totally digging Collin Hoodie-kawa.

BTW, I read this week that this is the first time in history that the top 5 players are all under 30. Speaks well for the future of the game.

BTW, I read this week that this is the first time in history that the top 5 players are all under 30. Speaks well for the future of the game.
    And it’s only likely to trend younger. Big data seems to have flattened the pro golf learning curve.

From the drop zone?
    Which is exactly what a lot of players are doing on the 17th.

Justin Thomas’s round today should be studied in-depth for years to come. Bogey-free on that course in those conditions is amazing. And the shot-making was sublime.