Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I had tickets for the practice rounds and all four competitive rounds of the US Open at Pebble Beach in 1991. Also scored a VIP parking pass from the head pro at Poppy Hills, so I was able to drive right up and park next to the driving range.

Need some waste management at the Waste Management Open. Hole-in-one on 16 in front of the assembled -- uh -- fans. At least 1,000 beer cups thrown on the course.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Need some waste management at the Waste Management Open. Hole-in-one on 16 in front of the assembled -- uh -- fans. At least 1,000 beer cups thrown on the course.
    The tournament some of us still call the Greater Greensboro Open used to be called the "pop-top open." May have to cede that title to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    The tournament some of us still call the Greater Greensboro Open used to be called the "pop-top open." May have to cede that title to Phoenix.
    Pop-top is so '70s. I'm sure they're loading up on craft drafts.

Sahith Theegala, now there's a name you don't see every day at the top of the leaderboard...because he's a rookie! I hope he can hold on, he's got a lot of big names on his heels. If it's not a DBR pool I don't have a rooting interest and like to see new guys win.
    Last edited by dudog84; 02-12-2022 at 09:27 PM. Reason: checked out leaderboard

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Pop-top is so '70s. I'm sure they're loading up on craft drafts.

Sahith Theegala, now there's a name you don't see every day at the top of the leaderboard...because he's a rookie! I hope he can hold on, he's got a lot of big names on his heels. If it's not a DBR pool I don't have a rooting interest and like to see new guys win.
    Apparently he was a great collegiate player at Pepperdine and is in the field for the Waste Management Phoenix Open on a sponsor’s exemption. He is an incredible talent.

The GGO, I remember when it was played at Starmount Country Club. Back then it was played in April, and I remember it being really cold at times. Those days, you could talk to some of the players as they were personable. I'm sure you have some good stories on players like Doug Sanders. He was quite the character.

GoDuke!

Especially after the performance by Harry Higgs and Joel Dahmen at 16 today ……
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Scottie Scheffler wins 2022 Waste Management Phoenix Open

Scottie won in a 3-hole playoff over Patrick Cantlay. Scheffler took home $1.476 million in first place prize money. This is his first PGA Tour win. This is the third straight week for a first time PGA Tour winner. Scheffler joined Tom Hoge (AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am) and Luke List (Farmers Insurance Open) as first time PGA Tour winners for the third week in a row. Scheffler is 25 and played golf collegiately at the University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    The GGO, I remember when it was played at Starmount Country Club. Back then it was played in April, and I remember it being really cold at times. Those days, you could talk to some of the players as they were personable. I'm sure you have some good stories on players like Doug Sanders. He was quite the character.

GoDuke!
    I am a member at Starmount Forest CC. Have been for about 4 years. Played yesterday for the first time in 2022!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The PGA Tour concludes their California swing this week with The Genesis Invitational at The Riviera Country Club.

Tiger is hosting the Genesis Open this week. He has a press conference at 3 pm ET from The Riviera Country Club.

I don’t see him playing this month or next. Anyone think he returns for The Masters in April? Does anyone think he doesn’t return at all to playing PGA Tour events in 2022?

The top 10 players in the FedEx Cup standings are all playing. How often does that happen outside the majors and The Players? Maybe Jack's and/or Arnie's tournaments?

Not Tour news, but the golf news of the day is that the historic (circa 1922) clubhouse at Oak Hills, outside Detroit, is on fire. No injuries, evidently, but a whole lot of golf history and artifacts destroyed. The pictures and videos are heartbreaking.

Joaquin Niemann wins the 2022 Genesis Invitational at Riviera Country Club.

It’s the 2nd career PGA Tour win for the 23 year old Chilean golfer.

Next week the PGA Tour starts their Florida swing at the Honda Classic at PGA National!

Lefty is facing some backlash for his flirtation with Saudi Arabia.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...hhU?li=BBnb7Kz

It always amuses me (in a bad way) when a multi-multi-millionaire accuses others of greed.

Rory also chimes in:

“I don’t want to kick someone while he’s down obviously, but I thought they were naive, selfish, egotistical, ignorant,” McIlroy said. “It was just very surprising and disappointing, sad. I’m sure he’s sitting at home sort of rethinking his position and where he goes from here.”
    https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/0...hil-mickelson/

Lefty is facing some backlash for his flirtation with Saudi Arabia.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...hhU?li=BBnb7Kz

It always amuses me (in a bad way) when a multi-multi-millionaire accuses others of greed.

Rory also chimes in:

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/0...hil-mickelson/
    His “apology” is laughable. KPMG has severed ties. Phuck Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    His “apology” is laughable. KPMG has severed ties. Phuck Phil.
    Yeah, I saw where KPMG ditched him. I’m not sure if they’ll be the last sponsor to sever ties!

A Duke and golf connection - apparently JJ Redick is a golf addict now in retirement. He’s going to be on Barstool Sports Fore Play podcast tomorrow. Should be a good show.

This is just a brutal takedown of Lefty. I would excerpt my favorite section but it would get wankerized.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...IfM?li=BBnb7Kz

This is just a brutal takedown of Lefty. I would excerpt my favorite section but it would get wankerized.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...IfM?li=BBnb7Kz
    One thing about Eamon Lynch - he typically does not “hold back” and he usually “tells it like it is!”