Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The PGA calls itself a non-profit organization, presumably for tax purposes.
    Do you know what percentage of their take they spend on charity? Do you know how much money their governing officials are making?
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    No, but that's why I said people could look it up if they wanted. That they give more than all other leagues COMBINED tells me everything (edit: well, most everything ) I need to know. I'm pretty sure their officials don't make anywhere near what Goodell makes, and I think NFL players are "used" more than golfers are.
    I don't care much about either of the two golfing leagues, but just wanted to drop a note that up until 2015, the NFL was also a "non-profit".
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I live in St. Louis, and was also at the 2018 PGA, and the 1992 event as well. That's great news. I think we have a President's Cup out there somewhere in the future too.
    Awesome stuff. I have family in Olivette/Ladue. St. Louis is one great town … one of my favorite in America!

Pass the popcorn. Patrick Reed has sued Brandel Chamblee and The Golf Channel for defamation …….
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Pass the popcorn. Patrick Reed has sued Brandel Chamblee and The Golf Channel for defamation …….
    The press release is fantastic. And reading about his attorney…wow.
    Last edited by mkirsh; 08-16-2022 at 09:43 PM.

Well I am enjoying the Presidents Cup, and I am a big fan of Captain Davis Love, I am disappointed in his decision to have the team wear that ugly shade of blue! And I am also disappointed that he seems to be kowtowing to a former Cheats coach! Maybe the team will wear a better shade of blue tomorrow and have the GOAT give the inspiration pep talk….

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Well I am enjoying the Presidents Cup, and I am a big fan of Captain Davis Love, I am disappointed in his decision to have the team wear that ugly shade of blue! And I am also disappointed that he seems to be kowtowing to a former Cheats coach! Maybe the team will wear a better shade of blue tomorrow and have the GOAT give the inspiration pep talk….
    Well, he did go there. And FYI, we do have a new thread for the current season if you haven't seen it.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Well, he did go there. And FYI, we do have a new thread for the current season if you haven't seen it.
    Gosh…I looked long and hard (I thought) and this was the first I found. I didn’t even notice the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    Gosh…I looked long and hard (I thought) and this was the first I found. I didn’t even notice the date.
    No problem, figured you'd want to know because you've been missing the conversation (a couple pages anyway).
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan