Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    To me, Maryland is just another B1G team. Who cares what they do?
    Agree. Moreover, as a school in an age-old lacrosse hot bed, it hadn't won the NCAA's in over 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yup. They made it exciting, but they had trouble getting open shots and missed the ones they had. Too bad.

Kind of inevitable though, really. Though Maryland looked at times this afternoon like they were starting to think about how close they came last year and get nervous, in the end they were just too good a team this year to lose. The goalie was particularly impressive today--he always seemed to know where the shots would be coming.

McEaney could play attack. They have a great defense, but he was amazing this year. Gave us the best goalie you'd ever seen type of vibe.

Actually, they won the NCAA about 5 years ago--but it had been quite the wait before that.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Recurring theme this weekend was that goaltending wins championships. And Duke men have a big fat question mark between the pipes going into 2023 (I’m much less worried about the women; I think Everson will be an All-American before she’s done).
    Couldn't agree more. It has puzzled me why Duke has not been able to recruit more strong goalies. Before Adler, I think the last really high quality one I remember was Aaron Fenton, a first team All-American in 2005. To be fair, a couple of the subsequent goalies struggled with concussions and other injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Couldn't agree more. It has puzzled me why Duke has not been able to recruit more strong goalies. Before Adler, I think the last really high quality one I remember was Aaron Fenton, a first team All-American in 2005. To be fair, a couple of the subsequent goalies struggled with concussions and other injuries.
    You’re correct about Fenton. We won championships with barely-better-than-replacement-level keepers, but that was before the shot clock. Those days are gone.