Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Students have to decide before the end of Spring semester of sophomore year. You can leave then with no penalty. If you stay after that then you have to payback.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Glad the women advanced. Next game is likely to be against the eventual National Champion Maryland. Turnovers will be a problem against a very skilled well coached team. See WSJ Friday about the Maryland juggernaut in Lacrosse on Men's and Women's teams. Sorry that it is a subscription link.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/marylan..._featured_pos1
    Tillman wants the Terps to have high standards on and off the field, says senior defenseman Brett Makar. For breakfasts at a team hotel before a game: You better show up with pressed pants, belt on, with shineable shoes, and ‘look presentable,’ ” Makar says.

I ask Makar how Coach Tillman would react if one of his players wandered down for pancakes in pajama bottoms. He laughs.

“He doesn’t have to say anything.” Teammates would handle the fashion foul, he says.

If Tillman needs any further inspiration, he only has to knock on the door of the office next to his in College Park.

That’s where he’ll find Cathy Reese, the celebrated coach of the Maryland women, a legendary program that has won 14 national championships, five under Reese, who also won four straight as a Terps player in the mid-1990s.

Reese’s and Tillman’s teams pulled off the double in 2017, with the men’s and women’s teams winning NCAA titles. When Reese recently won her 300th game coaching, Tillman posted a tribute on Instagram: “Far and away the best lacrosse coach on our campus!”“
    The success of that program, and the coaching staff, is really unparalleled,” says Sheehan Stanwick Burch, the former Georgetown women’s team star who now calls games on ESPN. “They’re on a different level.”
    No problem with calling the MD men's team the eventual national champion, which should happen barring a surprising upset or collapse. But I have a feeling the young women in light blue down the road may have something to say about whether the MD women's team is the eventual national champion--they have looked very impressive this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    No problem with calling the MD men's team the eventual national champion, which should happen barring a surprising upset or collapse. But I have a feeling the young women in light blue down the road may have something to say about whether the MD women's team is the eventual national champion--they have looked very impressive this year.
    Said it a week ago, and nothing has happened to change my mind: Maryland women are ridiculously over seeded. They’re not better than BC or Cuse, and I’m not sure they’re better than Northwestern. If we can limit turnovers, and if Good Sophia shows up, we should win.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Said it a week ago, and nothing has happened to change my mind: Maryland women are ridiculously over seeded. They’re not better than BC or Cuse, and I’m not sure they’re better than Northwestern. If we can limit turnovers, and if Good Sophia shows up, we should win.
    Fingers crossed you are right.

Probably already been addressed here, but what happened to ACC mens lax this season and why are so many Ivy teams seeded so highly? ACC get unfairly punished in the rankings or were all teams that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Probably already been addressed here, but what happened to ACC mens lax this season and why are so many Ivy teams seeded so highly? ACC get unfairly punished in the rankings or were all teams that bad?
    Read the last several pages. I'm not as close to it, but seems like knowledgeable posters think the ACC got a raw deal. Duke mlax has a great record against the field that did make it, but didn't do themselves favors with a couple losses and ended on a whimper (to a team that also didn't make the field). Lots of reliance on certain metrics apparently...but most on here seem to think the Ivy getting 5 (?) teams in over the ACC is head scratching.

Ivies got 6. One of them already lost to UVa by 7 in the first round. Duke was 6-1 against the field but 4 of those wins were against all of the teams in the 2 play-in games, one of which scored 3 goals and lost 15-3. The Penn loss allowing them to tie the game with 2 seconds left losing in OT and the Syracuse loss made the other losses stick out more and decreased the margin of error to zero according to the tourney committee. Duke had the highest RPI to not make the field ever, if I'm not mistaken.

Yale was hardly impressive vs St. Joes...let's see how many Ivies make the championship weekend (I suspect not that many)

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yale was hardly impressive vs St. Joes...let's see how many Ivies make the championship weekend (I suspect not that many)
    Yes, and Penn had to beat Richmond in overtime. Princeton, probably the most legitimate (based on out-of-conference record) seed of the Ivies, had little trouble with BU, but today we could easily see Cornell and Harvard fall to Ohio State and Rutgers (which is how the seeding goes for Harvard, but not for Cornell).

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yes, and Penn had to beat Richmond in overtime. Princeton, probably the most legitimate (based on out-of-conference record) seed of the Ivies, had little trouble with BU, but today we could easily see Cornell and Harvard fall to Ohio State and Rutgers (which is how the seeding goes for Harvard, but not for Cornell).
    and I hope they DO lose...(I think Rutgers beats Harvard for sure)

Overrated Maryland is kicking our butt early, 4-0 Terp women.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke is climbing back it it w/ 2 straight goals from, Keller and DeSimone. 4-2 Terps.

And now another to make it 4-3!
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

6-3 Terps one minute in to the 2nd quarter.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke cuts the Terp lead to 7-5 w/ 10 to go in the half.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

12-5 Maryland now. 😕

Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    12-5 Maryland now. 😕
    Yep, I'm out.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

15-5 - I’m officially done with lacrosse for 2022.

Absolute beatdown.

Watching the second round of the mens tournament these past few days, can't help but be struck by how poor a clearing team Duke is compared to most of these tournament teams.

If Duke could clear like this Rutgers team, they would unquestionably have been a top 4 team in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukegrid View Post
    Watching the second round of the mens tournament these past few days, can't help but be struck by how poor a clearing team Duke is compared to most of these tournament teams.

If Duke could clear like this Rutgers team, they would unquestionably have been a top 4 team in my mind.
    Clearing was definitely an issue.