Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
    The IWLCA has announced its women’s All-America teams. Congrats to Maddie Jenner (first team), Cat Barry (second team), and Olivia Carner and Cubby Biscardi (third team).

Northwestern 11; Cheats 3 with about 10 minutes to go in Q3.

Hope Northwestern gets the Win.

Latest score Northwestern 14
    UNC 9
    8:10 4th quarter
    UNC closing in NW collapsing
    14 NW
    11 UNC
    4:54
    Last edited by heyman25; 05-27-2022 at 04:16 PM.

Well, yikes. UNC won 15-14. Didn't see anything but the last few minutes but by that point it was impossible to imagine how NW could have gotten a big lead to start with--they seldom won the draw controls and when they did, they lost the ball almost immediately.

are the cheats the luckiest team ever or what?

After two remarkable fourth quarters, we end up exactly where we thought we would end up back in February: BC and the Cheats for the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4life2022 View Post
    are the cheats the luckiest team ever or what?
    The cheats always run on emotion and when they win they seem like 12-year-olds who just won their first talent audition.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    The cheats always run on emotion and when they win they seem like 12-year-olds who just won their first talent audition.
    To be fair, I know we don't like UNC, and I know why people call them the cheats, but it is undeniable that they have an excellent women's lacrosse team.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    To be fair, I know we don't like UNC, and I know why people call them the cheats, but it is undeniable that they have an excellent women's lacrosse team.
    They are still the cheats.

On the men’s side: Twerps rolling over Cornell early. 4-1 in the 1Q.

Man, the wheels sure are coming off of this game fast. Maryland looks exhausted. They’ve missed their last 13 shots and Cornell is on a 3-0 run. Maryland can barely clear right now, but Cornell just can’t seem to capitalize on their chances.

Ugh, twerps
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Man, the wheels sure are coming off of this game fast. Maryland looks exhausted. They’ve missed their last 13 shots and Cornell is on a 3-0 run. Maryland can barely clear right now, but Cornell just can’t seem to capitalize on their chances.
    Yup. They made it exciting, but they had trouble getting open shots and missed the ones they had. Too bad.

Kind of inevitable though, really. Though Maryland looked at times this afternoon like they were starting to think about how close they came last year and get nervous, in the end they were just too good a team this year to lose. The goalie was particularly impressive today--he always seemed to know where the shots would be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yup. They made it exciting, but they had trouble getting open shots and missed the ones they had. Too bad.

Kind of inevitable though, really. Though Maryland looked at times this afternoon like they were starting to think about how close they came last year and get nervous, in the end they were just too good a team this year to lose. The goalie was particularly impressive today--he always seemed to know where the shots would be coming.
    Recurring theme this weekend was that goaltending wins championships. And Duke men have a big fat question mark between the pipes going into 2023 (I’m much less worried about the women; I think Everson will be an All-American before she’s done).

Can this year get worse than the cheats winning the women's tourney and the twerps winning the men's tourney?

Can this year get worse than the cheats winning the women's tourney and the twerps winning the men's tourney?
    Bob Seger and some silver bullets said it best--turn the page. The Duke '21-'22 sports year is over. I can focus my summer sports time on the Reds.

The big question for both lax teams is the transfer portal, both in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Bob Seger and some silver bullets said it best--turn the page. The Duke '21-'22 sports year is over. I can focus my summer sports time on the Reds.
    Duke athletes will compete in this weekend's NCAA track and field championships.

The Cheats could have won both.

To me, Maryland is just another B1G team. Who cares what they do?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016