Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    https://driving.ca/auto-news/enterta...carolina-squat

"Drop It Like It’s Squat: North Carolina legislators ban ‘Carolina Squat’"
    Why ban the Carolina Squat now? Roy is retired.

roydefense.jpg

As to the thread, when in 2001 is this hypothetical "you" reading these future headlines? We lost a lot of innocence and naivete about three-quarters of the way through that particular year. The December 2001 me would be a lot less baffled and a lot more "anything goes" than the January 2001 version.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Why ban the Carolina Squat now? Roy is retired.

roydefense.jpg

As to the thread, when in 2001 is this hypothetical "you" reading these future headlines? We lost a lot of innocence and naivete about three-quarters of the way through that particular year. The December 2001 me would be a lot less baffled and a lot more "anything goes" than the January 2001 version.
    “Must spread Sporkz….”

Anything with Bitcoin or bitcoin. The 2041 me will still not understand it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Anything with Bitcoin or bitcoin. The 2041 me will still not understand it.
    I will just be happy if there is a 2041 me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappan Zee Devil View Post
    I will just be happy if there is a 2041 me.
    I thought you stopped existing in 2017 when they renamed you Mario M. Cuomo Devil.

By 2041, Tarrytown will be “Patakiville,” Sleepy Hollow will be “de Blasio Acres,” and the Nyacks will be known respectively as “Upper Kardashia,” “Kardashia” and “Lower Kardashia.” Oh, and the Hudson River will be renamed after Derek Jeter.

I don’t make the rules. I just point them out.

(And I appreciate you hopefully putting up with my jokes about this — the TZ Bridge is a huge part of my childhood and I miss the area. And of course abhor the new name, regardless of politics. Just FYI — if they come for the Throgs Neck, it’s war!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I thought you stopped existing in 2017 when they renamed you Mario M. Cuomo Devil.

By 2041, Tarrytown will be “Patakiville,” Sleepy Hollow will be “de Blasio Acres,” and the Nyacks will be known respectively as “Upper Kardashia,” “Kardashia” and “Lower Kardashia.” Oh, and the Hudson River will be renamed after Derek Jeter.

(And I appreciate you hopefully putting up with my jokes about this — the TZ Bridge is a huge part of my childhood and I miss the area. And of course abhor the new name, regardless of politics. Just FYI — if they come for the Throgs Neck, it’s war!!!)
    To help you sleep a little better tonight, when they replaced the Kosciuszko Bridge a few years ago with a newer version, they kept the existing name. So there is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    To help you sleep a little better tonight, when they replaced the Kosciuszko Bridge a few years ago with a newer version, they kept the existing name. So there is a win.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaddeus_Kosciusko_Bridge

Theaddeus must have been a heck of a guy and a lover of bridges, because a large one also bears his name on I-87 (Adirondack Northway) north of Albany...I guess you're referring to the Brooklyn entity, right?

Are you saying the Tappan Zee Bridge no longer exists?!!! Why……pffft….. how?
    I could have peacefully gone through my life without knowing this. Next time at least have the courtesy to warn me with a “Spoiler Alert!”

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    I could have peacefully gone through my life without knowing this. Next time at least have the courtesy to warn me with a “Spoiler Alert!”
    We have discussed starting a Headlines that would baffle 2022 Skydog thread. I think we should do it!

Didn’t mean to harsh your mellow so early in the new year. My bad, Sd.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    We have discussed starting a Headlines that would baffle 2022 Skydog thread. I think we should do it!
    If completed, the thread would be longer than the LTE.
    Well at least we have Betty White’s 100th bd to look forward to!

Didn’t mean to harsh your mellow so early in the new year. My bad, Sd.
    It’s ok - I’m on the road to recovery already. I’ve just decided it will be the (New) Tappen Zee Bridge in my head forever.

At least it is rare. When the Fish Rain becomes common, I'm outta here!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

If completed, the thread would be longer than the LTE.
    Well at least we have Betty White’s 100th bd to look forward to!
    Sporks! Must spread comments actually. It's your own fault for being a good poster. Wait...did I just victim shame?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    At least we can still drive to/from Manhattan on the Triborough Bridge and through the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel.

How could I forget this headline!!! The most baffling of all to my 2001 self!

WPTF 98.5 FM/680 AM New Flagship Station for Tar Heel Football, Men’s Basketball in Raleigh/Durham Area

https://www.learfield.com/2021/07/wp...h-durham-area/

680 the new flagship for UNC football and basketball? Say what!!!???

Defending national champion Baylor University is undefeated and ranked #1 in the nation again. In basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Defending national champion Baylor University is undefeated and ranked #1 in the nation again. In basketball.
    2001 me: "That's not so surprising."

2022 me: "Men's basketball."

2001 me: "Oh, I guess that is surprising."

2003 me: "Wait, WHAT?!?"

“MONKEYS are still being enslaved by cruel coconut farmers who make them work in chains to meet the growing demand for trendy vegan milk‘

https://www.the-sun.com/news/8508337...rs-vegan-milk/