Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    This article has a really good history of that Wookiee, Black Krrsantan.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/hist...201716403.html
    Yep! I am a bit of a Star Wars nerd, and as soon as I saw him I was like "OOOOH that is that Wookie bounty hunter!" Tho I admit, I didn't know his name. GREAT look... you don't get black wookies that often!

And yeah, the Pikes, and the spice trade... that was interesting! Love that we are getting into the crime world of Star Wars.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Yep! I am a bit of a Star Wars nerd, and as soon as I saw him I was like "OOOOH that is that Wookie bounty hunter!" Tho I admit, I didn't know his name. GREAT look... you don't get black wookies that often!

And yeah, the Pikes, and the spice trade... that was interesting! Love that we are getting into the crime world of Star Wars.
    As one who has only watched SW (films and animated shows) vs reading, other than some very old comics, the Wookiee was totally new to me. I like that he has a history, including one already established with Boba.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I like the way the story is being told, but i have to give some agreement to the criticism of the quality of stuff like the fight scenes and special effects, all of which were quite mediocre if not outright bad. Still, the story is more important. I'm having a hard time following how Boba Fett just wants to walk right into being a crime lord and that he seems to just expect that everyone will now pay him what Jabba got. Seems like he's gonna need more of a crew than an "expert assassin" and a pair of Gamorreans for that. Tatooine seems like a pretty rough place. Speaking of which, i do like the expansion of our knowledge of Tatooine as well.

The Pyke Syndicate is one of my favorite collections of Star Wars baddies. (They were ones running the train.) They are well known for not being nice once you get on their bad side. Since Boba lets them all walk off, it will be interesting to see how their relationship unfolds. As a crime lord, they are allies he'd want.

I'm totally curious about the Tusken that trained Boba. Is it a he or a she? Regardless, he/she also seems to be very fast and nimble for a Tusken, shall I say even almost Jedi-esque? (Yes, I shall say so.) Watching him/her make their way through the train disposing of Pykes at will was a hoot.

PS...the psychedelic lizard was great.
    I loved this episode. They sold the lizard really well...I did not see that coming!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I like the way the story is being told, but i have to give some agreement to the criticism of the quality of stuff like the fight scenes and special effects, all of which were quite mediocre if not outright bad. Still, the story is more important. I'm having a hard time following how Boba Fett just wants to walk right into being a crime lord and that he seems to just expect that everyone will now pay him what Jabba got. Seems like he's gonna need more of a crew than an "expert assassin" and a pair of Gamorreans for that. Tatooine seems like a pretty rough place. Speaking of which, i do like the expansion of our knowledge of Tatooine as well.
    I've got to believe that will be explored somewhat as the flashbacks catch up to the "present" from the first episode. Agree that part doesn't seem to make much sense so far (was also somewhat surprised that the Hutts didn't give him more trouble but I'm sure theyve got a plan to come out on top).

As one who has only watched SW (films and animated shows) vs reading, other than some very old comics, the Wookiee was totally new to me. I like that he has a history, including one already established with Boba.
    Yeah, I love how Star Wars has reached into older, potentially-non-canon stuff, and pulled it into the modern era... Grand Admiral Thrawn and the TIE Defender were two of my favorites of this... and it is so much fun that Marvel is even getting into the act a bit!

As for Boba stepping into the role of Jabba, maybe it is something of a cultural thing... if I kill a crime lord, then I get their position and stuff?

As someone who is not really into canon, and doesn’t get the whole Boba Fett thing as-is, I thought E2 was fine but not great.

Visually impressive for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Yeah, I love how Star Wars has reached into older, potentially-non-canon stuff, and pulled it into the modern era... Grand Admiral Thrawn and the TIE Defender were two of my favorites of this... and it is so much fun that Marvel is even getting into the act a bit!

As for Boba stepping into the role of Jabba, maybe it is something of a cultural thing... if I kill a crime lord, then I get their position and stuff?
    I do like the cojones that Boba is trying to pull off on that one. He didn't kill Jabba, in fact he almost got killed during the whole skirmish, but nobody else knows that. They only know that Jabba is dead and that Boba was with him the last time he was seen.

E3.

SonPK loved it, I thought it was “meh” again. Just doesn’t grab me like The Mandalorian.

Steven Root and Danny Trejo. Great casting.

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    Steven Root and Danny Trejo. Great casting.
    I love Steven Root. I honestly thought that he died a few years ago, so when I saw him I was really confused.

Danny Trejo is an Easter egg in and of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I love Steven Root. I honestly thought that he died a few years ago, so when I saw him I was really confused.

Danny Trejo is an Easter egg in and of himself.
    He was very good in the Man in the High Castle, which is also a great show.

Not sure I love this so far. A gang of millennials on vespas? The bad guys taking space mass transit? Riding a rancor? Also hope they bring the Wookiee back, apparently he had a cool comic book background.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Not sure I love this so far. A gang of millennials on vespas? The bad guys taking space mass transit? Riding a rancor? Also hope they bring the Wookiee back, apparently he had a cool comic book background.
    The shiny bikes were stupid (they just don't look right for Tattooine), and I also thought the CG of that chase scene was pretty awful, especially for Star Wars.
    I enjoyed the rest of the episode, though.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

one thing i'm not digging about TBoBF is the constant putting on and taking off of helmets. Boba is not such a handsome man that we need to see his face, let alone constantly, especially since his helmet is so much cooler to look at. Also, maybe Boba doesn't care about Mandelorian rules anymore (especially since he got rescued by and trained up by the Sand People), but isn't he supposed to be very committed to wearing the helmet?
    It's just a textural piece of the story but it's a peeve of mine regardless.
    Also, did not love the sparkly clean space vespas-riding "punk" gang. I fast forwarded thru the chase scene cuz it was so lame.

If I’m not mistaken, Boba isn’t a Mandalorian so he isn’t bound by those rules/customs.

But I agree that it is annoying.

I assume they want something visually different than the Mandalorian, otherwise it’s confusing to those not deep in the SW universe.

I'm sure as an actor, Morrison is quite happy to not be under the helmet as much as Pedro Pascal has to be.
    Aside from THE Mandalorian, in Star Wars shows most Mandalorians frequently are helmetless, unless they are flying or in battle. Never taking off the helmet was never really a thing until TBOBF's predecessor came along.

I'm so glad I've been watching and enjoying Star Wars since I was a kid

This tweet sums up my thoughts on the latest episode: https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...17378686926851

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, Boba isn’t a Mandalorian so he isn’t bound by those rules/customs.

But I agree that it is annoying.
    Mandalorians are also not bound by those rules. Only the crazy cult sect that Mando was a part of. Recall that Bo-Katan gave him some grief over it when they met in season 2.