Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    When Luke was MUCH older, Yoda told him to keep his butt on Dagobah, and he decided to go help his friends instead. (And also got his hand chopped off.)

He doesn't shine as being the best person to give someone else such an ultimatum.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I've always thought the fact that Jedi are not supposed to feel love or connections to people was a terrible idea. If they do not care about others, except in a nebulous "caring about the world/universe" way, then why are they even fighting? What are they protecting if not protecting people and worlds that they care about?

And Luke only defeated the emperor by convincing his father to help him in the fight. It was the father-son bond (a bond that existed even though they had never known each other in a family kind of way) that triumphed over evil. Now Luke is trying to break the father-son bond Grogu feels for Mando? Why? Luke has seen the power for good that comes with love and family. This is just silly.

And, in the future, Luke's entire life's work of rebuilding the Jedi will be ruined when he takes Kylo away from his parents and Kylo turns into a bad dude who slaughters all the other Jedi (this is why we are all rooting for Grogu to take the chain mail). Perhaps, if Luke had allowed Kylo to remain close to his mother and father, Kylo would have been more controllable and not turned to the Dark Side.

-Jason "I hate how attached to all this stuff I am, because other than catching lightning in a bottle in IV and V, George Lucas has consistently shown himself to be a pretty mediocre/bad storyteller and world-builder" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The Book of Boba Fett may not have had the best start, but if you don't think this is this last episode is the best live action Star Wars that has been on TV, ever, then you are not watching the same show that I am.
    When Luke was MUCH older, Yoda told him to keep his butt on Dagobah, and he decided to go help his friends instead. (And also got his hand chopped off.)

He doesn't shine as being the best person to give someone else such an ultimatum.
    I'm confused... I thought you loved the last episode, but now it seems like you're throwing a little shade.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I've always thought the fact that Jedi are not supposed to feel love or connections to people was a terrible idea. If they do not care about others, except in a nebulous "caring about the world/universe" way, then why are they even fighting? What are they protecting if not protecting people and worlds that they care about?

And Luke only defeated the emperor by convincing his father to help him in the fight. It was the father-son bond (a bond that existed even though they had never known each other in a family kind of way) that triumphed over evil. Now Luke is trying to break the father-son bond Grogu feels for Mando? Why? Luke has seen the power for good that comes with love and family. This is just silly.

And, in the future, Luke's entire life's work of rebuilding the Jedi will be ruined when he takes Kylo away from his parents and Kylo turns into a bad dude who slaughters all the other Jedi (this is why we are all rooting for Grogu to take the chain mail). Perhaps, if Luke had allowed Kylo to remain close to his mother and father, Kylo would have been more controllable and not turned to the Dark Side.

-Jason "I hate how attached to all this stuff I am, because other than catching lightning in a bottle in IV and V, George Lucas has consistently shown himself to be a pretty mediocre/bad storyteller and world-builder" Evans
    Also, Mando has more to offer Grogu than a choice between the beskar and the saber… he can offer him both!
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I'm confused... I thought you loved the last episode, but now it seems like you're throwing a little shade.
    There's nothing wrong with having my cake and eating it too. I loved that Duke beat the snot out of Carolina last night, but I wish that we hadn't let the cheaters back in the game late in the first half.

Side note, earlier I wondered how old Cad Bane is, since he was there when Anakin was still a good guy and snippy Ahsoka was a teen. (And he also mentored a young Boba Fett.)

Well, the geeky folks at Screen Rant took care of my question! They are guessing he's a septuagenarian.
    https://screenrant.com/how-old-is-ca...-of-boba-fett/

Another side note, I think Grogu goes chainmail. It would explain a lot about the blank hole that would exist in Luke's new school. I think he'll be playing heavily in The Mandalorian season 3...with Mando.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Lots to digest in the last episode, but I'm starting off simply by saying I love how they handled Baby Yoda's return. As soon as I saw the X-Wing, I knew it was Grogu, and that he had made his choice. I loved how they didn't make a big fuss over him sweating out his decision.
    I also loved when Amy Sedaris snarled her lips and said "Grogu?! That's a terrible name!" LMAO!

Lots to digest in the last episode, but I'm starting off simply by saying I love how they handled Baby Yoda's return. As soon as I saw the X-Wing, I knew it was Grogu, and that he had made his choice. I loved how they didn't make a big fuss over him sweating out his decision.
    I also loved when Amy Sedaris snarled her lips and said "Grogu?! That's a terrible name!" LMAO!
    Who’s in the tank at the end? Captain Rex? (That’s SonPK’s guess)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Only mostly dead Marshall Cobb Vanth.

Only mostly dead Marshall Cobb Vanth.
    That makes sense, too.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see Rex in Ahsoka (that's likely, in fact), and possibly in Obi-Wan Kenobi. Who knows, maybe Temuera Morrison actually gets more screen time in those shows than he did in TBOBF. That would be hilarious.

So, I dunno, I was torn.

I enjoyed the show in general.

But I really wish it had gotten a little more into the true operations of the criminal world in Star Wars.

Those biker kids... ugh, they were such a miss. Just such a dumb addition, with their pouty attitudes and silly slow vespa speeders.

Fett needed to wear that mask more often. And he needed to be a bit more of a bad I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..

HATE that they killed Cad Bane. How do you intro a character and kill him 50 minutes later?

And overall there was WAY too much "dumb" stuff. Like, why did those robots in the last episode take so long to shoot? Why did the people all run away in one BIG GROUP up the main street instead of scattering into the city? Why did those robots shoot at them for so long and only seem to shoot the ground at their feet? I wish that directors and writers would just smarten up... there are plenty of ways to do it RIGHT, instead of doing it EASY.

And it seemed like a big miss, not to have Dengar or Bossk or any of the other bounty hunters. Fingers crossed they were saving them for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    So, I dunno, I was torn.

HATE that they killed Cad Bane. How do you intro a character and kill him 50 minutes later?
    With the upcoming Obi-Wan series being set in an earlier time, maybe we haven't seen the last of Cad Bane. I do like the way the character transitioned to live-action.

I was glad they ended him quickly. He was interesting but felt gimmicky. And the gimmick was over when Vanth was shot.

And overall there was WAY too much "dumb" stuff. Like, why did those robots in the last episode take so long to shoot? Why did the people all run away in one BIG GROUP up the main street instead of scattering into the city? Why did those robots shoot at them for so long and only seem to shoot the ground at their feet? I wish that directors and writers would just smarten up... there are plenty of ways to do it RIGHT, instead of doing it EASY.
    Droids, L A, DROIDS!!!

PS, I thought the same when I saw them all running off en masse, that was hilarious. Maybe it was a nod to monster movies the same way that the rancor tipped his hat to King Kong.

Droids, L A, DROIDS!!!

PS, I thought the same when I saw them all running off en masse, that was hilarious. Maybe it was a nod to monster movies the same way that the rancor tipped his hat to King Kong.
    Roger roger!