Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I thought the latest episode was great! Can't complain about a lack of action, and I like how they showed how Boba and Fennec came to be.

And we finally got to see a Wookiee rip an arm out of it's socket. Totally knew that Krrsantan wasn't going to let his bar tab go that easy, lol.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I thought the latest episode was great! Can't complain about a lack of action, and I like how they showed how Boba and Fennec came to be.

And we finally got to see a Wookiee rip an arm out of it's socket. Totally knew that Krrsantan wasn't going to let his bar tab go that easy, lol.
    "It was worth a shot" was a great line after the build up of that speech to calm him down.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    "It was worth a shot" was a great line after the build up of that speech to calm him down.
    "Don't touch my buttons" after Fennec toasted the sarlacc was pretty great, too. He and Mando seem to have a shared distaste for others touching buttons in their ships.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

"Don't touch my buttons" after Fennec toasted the sarlacc was pretty great, too. He and Mando seem to have a shared distaste for others touching buttons in their ships.
    After having a young lady slam my honda in reverse doing 40mph in the 80's .i totally understand that distaste of others touching controls on your rides .

As much as I liked Mandalorian, I’m not digging this. Son loves it though.

It must just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

It must just be me.
    It is

Quote Originally Posted by acdevil View Post
    It is
    And I accept that, if true.

It must just be me.
    Keep watching. I bet a pre-viz pie that your buddy shows up by the end of this.

I do agree that the show is okay but not great. Too much Boba with his helmet off and not in armor. The power ranger biker kids... they are eye-rollingly bad. And for the life of me I cannot figure out why Fett thought his armor was in the Sarlacc? Didn't he get out, collapse, and have the Jawas steal the armor? Can anyone help there?

On the flip side, I freaking LOVE Krrastan (or however you spell it). Now THAT is what a wookie should be! He is one of the coolest Star Wars things I've seen in YEARS.

And while I would enjoy seeing Mando show up, I would MUCH prefer other folks. I mean, Fett is talking about the bounty hunting profession, and how he is dreaming of something better, and that he needs muscle... I want Dengar and Bossk and IG88 and Zuckess and 4-Lom and those guys to show up!

Anyway... any help on the "armor in the pit" question?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I do agree that the show is okay but not great. Too much Boba with his helmet off and not in armor. The power ranger biker kids... they are eye-rollingly bad. And for the life of me I cannot figure out why Fett thought his armor was in the Sarlacc? Didn't he get out, collapse, and have the Jawas steal the armor? Can anyone help there?

On the flip side, I freaking LOVE Krrastan (or however you spell it). Now THAT is what a wookie should be! He is one of the coolest Star Wars things I've seen in YEARS.

And while I would enjoy seeing Mando show up, I would MUCH prefer other folks. I mean, Fett is talking about the bounty hunting profession, and how he is dreaming of something better, and that he needs muscle... I want Dengar and Bossk and IG88 and Zuckess and 4-Lom and those guys to show up!

Anyway... any help on the "armor in the pit" question?
    I had that same question. I will head back to Episode 1 and rewatch to see how aware BF is when the Jawas surround him. He must have remembered crawling out of the Sarlacc with his armor on though...
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

I'm not enamored with the show so far (although it has had its moments), but I still don't really get the complaints about him taking off his helmet or not wearing his armor all the time.

The "big" cameo this week was from Stephen Bruner, better known as Thundercat. I'd never heard of him before. He was the tattoo-body mod guy that put Fennec Shand back together. (And refused to close her up, because his work was too pretty to be covered.)
    Anyway, while listening to some music today as I painted, a song of his popped up. I wasn't paying attention enough to catch the title, but it was very cool with a funky late 70s vibe. Now I've got to check him out.

At the end when Fennec says, "muscle can be bought" (or something like that) they clearly played the Mandalorian theme music, right? I did not just imagine that, did I?

Mando will make an appearance in this show and it will pave the way for whatever happens in Mando chapter 3 (probably involving the Dark Saber and some effort to reunify all the scattered Mandalorians).

Grogu... not sure when we will see him again.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    At the end when Fennec says, "muscle can be bought" (or something like that) they clearly played the Mandalorian theme music, right? I did not just imagine that, did I?

Mando will make an appearance in this show and it will pave the way for whatever happens in Mando chapter 3 (probably involving the Dark Saber and some effort to reunify all the scattered Mandalorians).

As the powers that be have said, all of these shows are tying in to something. Can't wait to find out what it is, but I'm enjoying the ride . On my speeder bike, not a neon floating Vespa.

As the powers that be have said, all of these shows are tying in to something. Can't wait to find out what it is, but I'm enjoying the ride.
    Patton Oswald knows:

Patton Oswald knows:
    I you give me a spider-robot Chewbacca fighting against X-men, I will give you all the money. ALL... THE... MONEY!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Yep, they played his music at the end there. Definitely coming in.

Seriously though, they already had the trandoshans giving Boba the Wookie pelt, and then the Krr/trandoshan fight… how can Bossk NOT show up?

Patton Oswald knows:
    I need someone to make this movie. I've watched Parks and Rec all the way through, can't believe I didn't remember this.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I need someone to make this movie. I've watched Parks and Rec all the way through, can't believe I didn't remember this.
    The only do a short version of it in the actual episode, but I think the entire thing is available online, and it was almost entirely extemporaneous. The whole thing is like 15 minutes long and some people (Amy Poehler included, I believe) had to leave the room at some point because they couldn't handle it anymore.

New episode does not disappoint.