Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    His form looks pretty good but he has a very, very low release. He wont be getting that shot off if he is guarded out there. Maybe in transition or off a great screen or a totally missed defensive assignment...

I'm interested in seeing Mitchell and Stewart on the court together. I don't know if I like the offensive pairing, but that could be one heck of a disruptive defensive duo in the frontcourt.

I haven't seen a ton of game action from Stewart, but I have a hunch that he is going to have some impressive second leap putbacks.

Stewart has a solid lower body base - more filled out than Mitchell. I can see how that helps him potentially guard and rebound at the 5.

It will be really interesting to see the rotation next year. I think all 4 freshmen have a shot at rotation minutes. But they can’t all get them. So who earns them?

It definitely is possible that by the end of the season we are running a stretch 5 offense with Flip and Stewart sharing minutes at the 5. When you can pull the other team’s center away from the basket, it really opens up driving lanes for Roach, Proctor, Mitchell and others. Could be a high powered offense….

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Wow... I don't normally put too much stock into these things, but that video has me excited about Sean. I've been wondering where he might slot in during Year 1 given he probably needs more muscle to be a 5 but reportedly didn't have the full offensive repertoire of what we want out of a 4. But his shot looked good. Yes it's a handful of shots from a workout that he of course made, but it looked fundamentally sound. If you put his shot up next to Mark Mitchell's and blindly ask "who's the 35% 3 point shooter?", I'd probably pick Sean's. Doing it in a game is a whole different task, but I had no idea from the scouting reports that might even be in the cards in the near-term.

Given his reputation as a hustle/glue guy, if he can even shoot at a 30% clip from deep he's going to get good minutes this season... even more so if we strike out on the transfer 5 market.
    Like you say, Scott, it is a video he made. However, I'm with you that he might surprise me this season. His 3-point shot looks good but he doesn't get it off quickly. But if he's left alone by an opposing big man, he would have time to take that shot. I may have underestimated Sean.

GoDuke!

oh, thanks Brev for the videos.

I'm much more concerned with what kind of impact Sean can have defensively and on the boards than what he can contribute offensively. It is highly unlikely that the offense is going to be running any plays through him and offense shouldn't be a concern with this group. But we're going to need some defensive heft around the paint given that we are not bringing over any help via the transfer portal. And I'm hoping that is Sean's primary focus in year 1.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

As much as I am thrilled by everything that the '23 class brings and ow Stewart will impacts the team, it my opinion, that the most impactful might be Power. Maybe not in the stat sheet or in minutes but his overall versatility, mixed with his high skill. level and game IQ. Power is a very good passer, rebounder and ball handler. He is an elite shooter, so am much as a 3 guard line up with Foster/McCain starting, I would also like to see how Duke would be with Mitchell and Power.