Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Degenerate Gamblers 2021-22 ACC Picking Contest here!!!

You all know what this is! Tons of ACC conference games starting this week so we are gonna get the ACC-conference contest going right away!

This is where you come to prove your gambling prowess. Sign up by clicking on this Covers.com link and using the Group password "GoDuke" (no quotes) to join our contest. You will be allowed to wager on any ACC conference game. This means only make wagers on games where both teams are ACC teams. Please, please, please do not mess up and pick a game that does not involve two ACC teams or you will be penalized and required to lose the amount you wagered (which can be harder than it sounds).

To be clear, this means you can pick tonight' Duke-Va Tech game or Clemson-Virginia contest, but not the Notre Dame-Texas A&M Corpus Christie game. Is that clear?

You can wager between 100 and 500 units on every game and can bet point spreads or O/U. You may make up to 30 wagers per day. If, at any time, your account gets to -5000 units then you are done and cannot make any more wagers. We will keep track of weekly winners as well as the overall winner.

If you have any questions, feel free to post there here and I am sure we can come up with a good answer

Contest Name: DBR 2021-22 ACC Picking contest
    URL to Join: https://contests.covers.com/officepo...d-ae0600b40c5f
    Access Password: GoDuke
    Commissioner: JasonEvans
    Start Date: Dec 20 2021
    End Date: Mar 15 2022
    Last edited by -jk; 12-22-2021 at 10:05 AM. Reason: bold
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

BTTT so folks will see this before tonight's games.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    BTTT so folks will see this before tonight's games.
    I just came to ask if this had been created yet.

Jason, you are a reliable soul. I appreciate you.

- Chillin

Gotta love that meaningless steal and layup by Keels that turned our game from a push into a cover for Duke

Duke has only *lost* twice

An extremely impressive stat is that on the 12 games played so far, Duke has failed to cover or push only twice. 7 wins (currently on a streak of 4) 2 losses and 3 pushes. Knock on wood the good luck continues.

These may be slightly off depending on book odds but I think they are generally correct. This seemed like a decent thread for this and I don't want to put it somewhere where more people may see it and jinx things. I bet this luck starts to even out a little bit (reverse jinx).

Didn’t see this until this morning. Sigh. Picked up 1k on the other contest. I’m speculating that contest is over.

9F!

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Didn’t see this until this morning. Sigh. Picked up 1k on the other contest. I’m speculating that contest is over.

9F!
    I've still at least got a shot at it. GWD has come back to the field a bit lately. He's +700 at the moment. The first contest doesn't end until Jan. 3rd.

I didn't see the new group until this morning. Oh, well.

You will be allowed to wager on any ACC conference game. This means only make wagers on games where both teams are ACC teams. Please, please, please do not mess up and pick a game that does not involve two ACC teams or you will be penalized and required to lose the amount you wagered (which can be harder than it sounds).

To be clear, this means you can pick tonight' Duke-Va Tech game or Clemson-Virginia contest, but not the Notre Dame-Texas A&M Corpus Christie game. Is that clear?
    Above rule was broken Day 1 of the contest. Krzyzewskiville won 700 on the Texas A&M CC vs Notre Dame game.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Above rule was broken Day 1 of the contest. Krzyzewskiville won 700 on the Texas A&M CC vs Notre Dame game.
    I mean I guess I can see how someone might make this mistake...

NOT!!!!!

You will be allowed to wager on any ACC conference game. This means only make wagers on games where both teams are ACC teams. Please, please, please do not mess up and pick a game that does not involve two ACC teams or you will be penalized and required to lose the amount you wagered (which can be harder than it sounds).

I used the ND-TA&MCC game as the example of what you cannot do!! Argh!!!

Krzyzewskiville, you made 700 units by betting on that game. You are now required to find games to lose (it can be any game, not just ACC teams) totaling 700 units. Please post your losing pick attempts here so we can all track them. Failure to comply will result in you being expelled from the contest.

Oh, and if you pick a loser that accidentally wins, you will be required to lose that amount too. This ain't as easy as it sounds.

I’ve been delinquent in placing bets in the early season but with a full slate of games today I’m back in action on multiple games.
    Bob Green

I kinda hate today's lines... but that did not stop me from making a bunch of bets

Duke- NCSU

If you had the over (149) today, like I did, it was an easy win.

If you had the line (Duke -14), like I did, it was quite a bit of a sweat. When Douwana stepped to the line, Duke up 15, I thought I was going to get a push at best. Thrilled that he missed 2.

I needed those 1000 DD (degenerate dollars) to stay alive in this thing!

If you had the over (149) today, like I did, it was an easy win.

If you had the line (Duke -14), like I did, it was quite a bit of a sweat. When Douwana stepped to the line, Duke up 15, I thought I was going to get a push at best. Thrilled that he missed 2.

I needed those 1000 DD (degenerate dollars) to stay alive in this thing!
    Sorry but I want this back on Page 1.

After being perilously close to being knocked out of the contest I have gotten 12 of my past 15 bets right and have gained over 3000 degenerate bucks since Saturday. Back in positive numbers, baby!!

Pfredd, I'm coming for ya!

After being perilously close to being knocked out of the contest I have gotten 12 of my past 15 bets right and have gained over 3000 degenerate bucks since Saturday. Back in positive numbers, baby!!

Pfredd, I'm coming for ya!
    I've had other things going on and have barely been active in this one. My last picking day brought me a -600, but if I can find the time to do my homework, I'll get back to picking.

11 wagers made today, every game except for the Clem-Pitt game (for which I have no idea).

See if my hot streak can continue.

11 wagers made today, every game except for the Clem-Pitt game (for which I have no idea).

See if my hot streak can continue.
    I’m less aggressive with three wagers placed.
    Bob Green

I’m less aggressive with three wagers placed.
    I'm getting hammered...I'm also not doing well on today's wagers. Started off 3-1, okay, we're ridin it, we're ridin it, Up to #4, #1 ATS, then Miami-FSU, State-VA and Notre Dame-Louisville...all bad...Ick. Maybe I can salvage something with tonight's games.

I’m 2-0 (+1,000) so far today. Let’s Go Wake!
    Bob Green

I’m 2-0 (+1,000) so far today. Let’s Go Wake!
    Hey, sir let's have none of that talk around here.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 01-22-2022 at 06:18 PM.