Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RetireVergaJersey View Post
    Name me 3-4 NBA players from Virginia? Never said his days are over. Who wants to play for a team that score 55 points a game?
    Are you being serious about this or are you just trying to jerk our collective chain?

Name me 3-4 NBA players from Virginia? Never said his days are over. Who wants to play for a team that score 55 points a game?
    Mike Scott, Joe Harris, Ty Jerome, DeAndre Hunter, Kyle Guy, Malcolm Brogdon.

Actually you kind of did say his days were over.

As for NBA guys? Brogdon, Harris, Murphy, and Hunter are all starters in the NBA. Several others are in the league as bench guys.

UVa is not very good this year. But I don’t think that is a permanent thing.

Malcom Brogdon, DeAndre Hunter, Trey Murphy.

Owned.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Mike Scott, Joe Harris, Ty Jerome, DeAndre Hunter, Kyle Guy, Malcolm Brogdon.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Brogdon, Harris, Murphy, and Hunter are all starters in the NBA. Several others are in the league as bench guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Malcom Brogdon, DeAndre Hunter, Trey Murphy.
    Not bad. Off the top of your heads, you named 5 of 8 active NBA players. Basketball Reference has a list. Double click the "Career To" column to get the most recent players.

Active this NBA season: Malcolm Brogdon, Anthony Gill, Joe Harris, Sam Hauser, Jay Huff, DeAndre Hunter, Ty Jerome, Trey Murphy III.

Plus another 10 or so UVA players who were coached by Tony Bennett and spent some time in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The UVA-James Madison game is already covered in the This Week in the ACC and the "I'm Not Going to Jinx It" threads, and is unworthy of its own thread.
    Sorry but I did not read those threads.

UVa has cut it to 44-43. 4 minutes left.

45-44 UVa. 3:30 left.

Man this UVa team can defend.

If they form any semblance of offense they’ll be a tough out in any game they play the remainder of the season.

47-46 UVa, 2:03 left.

45-44 UVa. 3:30 left.

Man this UVa team can defend.

If they form any semblance of offense they’ll be a tough out in any game they play the remainder of the season.
    Eh, it is an okay defensive team. But nothing like their previous iterations. They are after all just two games removed from their defense getting scorched by Iowa. And the offensive concerns are real.

I simultaneously respect and question the idea of playing mid or low majors on the road.

They cannot score. Down 24-14 to JMU after score 3 points in last 12:30 0f first half. I think Bennett’s days are over being in top tier of NCAA teams.Kids want to run and score.
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    ah yes. 2 years removed from a national title and his days are over.
    Perhaps I can jog your memory.
    April 1

JMU wins 52-49.

They’re 1-11 all time vs UVa now.

The ACC is the worst I’ve seen it in my existence on this planet this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Eh, it is an okay defensive team. But nothing like their previous iterations. They are after all just two games removed from their defense getting scorched by Iowa. And the offensive concerns are real.
    That’s a bad loss for UVa tonight. They won’t get an at large this year IMO. Think they’re 6-4 now. They’ll need to win the ACCT to dance to me.

Like the front page said, there was basically no upside for UVa to play JMU on the road, and they got all the downside. Sucks to be a Hoo...

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Perhaps I can jog your memory.
    To be fair, your highlighting adventure actually accentuates the fact that what you are insinuating s/he said is in fact not what was said. There was a very pertinent qualifier following the section you highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Like the front page said, there was basically no upside for UVa to play JMU on the road, and they got all the downside. Sucks to be a Hoo...

To be fair, your highlighting adventure actually accentuates the fact that what you are insinuating s/he said is in fact not what was said. There was a very pertinent qualifier following the section you highlighted.
    For a coach of Bennet's stature, they are functionally equivalent. In any case, what did one think I meant? That his days were literally over and he would die? Of course not. I meant it in the exact same context that the other poster had used the phrase. His post wasn't that long and used the exact turn of phrase. Why would it mean anything BUT what he had used it as? Inferring anything else is a twisting of my own words.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post

Tony Bennett was asked after the game tonight why UVa agreed to go play at JMU in a sold out 8,500 seat arena.

He said that when he was a player at UW-Green Bay, that Marquette and Wisconsin wouldn’t come play them and he thinks it’s important to travel to teams in your state. That’s straight class and represents the very little that’s good about college basketball still, IMO.

JMU wins 52-49.

They’re 1-11 all time vs UVa now.

The ACC is the worst I’ve seen it in my existence on this planet this season.
    Just got home and saw this! Makes my night!!
    Any day UVA loses is a very good day. Not nearly as good as a UNCheat loss, but still good!

That’s a bad loss for UVa tonight. They won’t get an at large this year IMO. Think they’re 6-4 now. They’ll need to win the ACCT to dance to me.
    Yeah. Within the first game or two it became clear UVA's pieces weren't coming together as well or as quickly as hoped (the transfer we brought it to be a serious outside scoring threat is 0-18 from 3 over his last 4 games and 11-54 on the season) and the team's absolute ceiling was probably somewhere around a 6-8 seed. They were likely to be bubble team. Which is stressful, you know? Going 20-13 and hoping to make the NCAAs is a long and narrow path that's not as much fun as Syracuse makes it look.

The bright side, such as it is, is that losing to JMU means UVA is probably not even a bubble team and we can just throw in the towel on expecting to win. UVA has some young players with solid potential and now we can just root for them to develop without, um, worrying about whether UVA will win the overall game. Because their odds won't be great against anyone good.