Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

NCAA Football Championship 2021

Final four set:

In the semifinal games scheduled for December 31, No. 1 Alabama (12-1) will face off against No. 4 Cincinnati (13-0) at the Cotton Bowl Classic at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, while No. 2 Michigan (12-1) will play No. 3 Georgia (12-1) at the Orange Bowl at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.
    The winners will square off in the national championship game at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana, on January 10 (8 p.m. ET).
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/05/footb...ams/index.html

Seems like the right teams, in arguably the right order.

Should be three fun games.

A good starting point (for me at least):

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...chigan-georgia

Opening lines:

Alabama (-13.5)
    Georgia (-7.5)

That Georgia line surprises me a bit, Michigan is arguable the hottest team over the last few weeks.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Go Bearcats!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    A good starting point (for me at least):

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...chigan-georgia

Opening lines:

Alabama (-13.5)
    Georgia (-7.5)

That Georgia line surprises me a bit, Michigan is arguable the hottest team over the last few weeks.
    Yeah, I'm more bullish on UM than most. You could make an argument for them deserving the top seed. But I guess at the end of the day, someone has to beat Bama to win. Either you get a month to game plan and prep against them, or you get them after they play a hopefully tough game a week earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Yeah, I'm more bullish on UM than most. You could make an argument for them deserving the top seed. But I guess at the end of the day, someone has to beat Bama to win. Either you get a month to game plan and prep against them, or you get them after they play a hopefully tough game a week earlier.
    And I’ll say this: Cincy played a hell of a game against Georgia in their bowl game last year; UGA had to hit a late field goal to win. Cincy certainly showed that they could play with the big boys in that game, and they won at South Bend this year. Alabama has played to the level of their opponent all year.

My first gut reaction is to take the under on each. And I’d look at odds for a straight-up Michigan win.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And I’ll say this: Cincy played a hell of a game against Georgia in their bowl game last year; UGA had to hit a late field goal to win. Cincy certainly showed that they could play with the big boys in that game, and they won at South Bend this year. Alabama has played to the level of their opponent all year.

My first gut reaction is to take the under on each. And I’d look at odds for a straight-up Michigan win.
    Just not the SEC and, in particular, Alabama again. Ugh. I only like that level of domination when it concerns Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Go Bearcats!
    Im down with that.my sons qb just had a visit there for qb.

Wow that just looks weird without Clemson in it. Shame it took 1/2 the season for their offense to come around. I wish Alabama and Ga were playing each other so we wouldn't be threatened with an all-SEC final. I'm thinking the entire world outside of Tide and Bulldog fans are rooting for UM and Cincy...

Going out on a limb here and predicting Bama takes it all again this season.

Alabama vs Cincinnati game starts in a couple hours so I’m bumping this thread back to the top. I expect the Crimson Tide to roll over the Bearcats but the game is played on the field.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Alabama vs Cincinnati game starts in a couple hours so I’m bumping this thread back to the top. I expect the Crimson Tide to roll over the Bearcats but the game is played on the field.
    The big question for me is: is the SEC's terrible bowl performance so far (which includes losses by SEC teams who came within 2 points of beating Alabama to teams in Cincinnati's conference) an early warning sign for Alabama and Georgia? I suspect the answer is no, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    The big question for me is: is the SEC's terrible bowl performance so far (which includes losses by SEC teams who came within 2 points of beating Alabama to teams in Cincinnati's conference) an early warning sign for Alabama and Georgia? I suspect the answer is no, but we'll see.
    Georgia maybe- but hard to bet against Alabama- they seem to find a way

Roll Tide!!

but it could be any one of the four

Sorry- just don't want to see an all SEC Final:

Go Bama- Go Meechegan.

Roll Tide!!!!

Mixed feelings about game two. I normally pull for Georgia, but DaughterPK (senior at Alabama) does not want to face them again. So I can find solace wither way.

I'm team Cinci and team Michigan (ugh) today.

For the record, I am going with Alabama and Georgia to win today.
    Bob Green

Impressive opening drive by Alabama. They ran the ball down Cincinnati’s throat.
    Bob Green

7-3 Alabama with 4:52 left in the 1st quarter.

Don’t know if Cincinnati wants to trade field goals for touchdowns with Alabama all game …

Good hold for Alabama’s defense late that drive after getting pushed back close to their own goal line.