Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If Alabama loses a really close game and OK St loses is Alabama in?

Baylor increases their lead to 21-3. Cowboys need to get their act together quickly.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    Pulling for Alabama because of familial situation and I want to see those 2 play again in the title game. Also pulling for Ok St (for a friend), Houston and Iowa.
    Outside of Duke, I have no NCAAF connections, so I'm team chaos all the way when it comes to the CFP. And (especially) the dumb BCS before that.

Right now, I want stuff to happen that either (a) forces the committee to actually put a G5 team in the playoff or (b) results in the committee essentially saying out loud that it will never put a G5 in the playoff no matter what.

So I guess I'm team Cinci?

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Outside of Duke, I have no NCAAF connections, so I'm team chaos all the way when it comes to the CFP. And (especially) the dumb BCS before that.

Right now, I want stuff to happen that either (a) forces the committee to actually put a G5 team in the playoff or (b) results in the committee essentially saying out loud that it will never put a G5 in the playoff no matter what.

So I guess I'm team Cinci?
    Do you think Cincinnati is a truly top 4 team? If so then I would like to see them in. I want the 4 best. I guess in a perfect world we would see Ga, AL, Michigan and whoever is actually better between ND, Cincinnati and OK St.

Do you think Cincinnati is a truly top 4 team? If so then I would like to see them in. I want the 4 best. I guess in a perfect world we would see Ga, AL, Michigan and whoever is actually better between ND, Cincinnati and OK St.
    Like I said, I'm team chaos.

That said, you may be getting your perfect world. Cinci has a road win over ND, which isn't playing for a conference championship this weekend, so I don't think they should even be in the conversation. OSU is currently losing. If Cinci beats Houston in a couple of hours, I don't think anyone should knock them out of the top-4. I think I think that even if OSU comes back since they lost to Iowa State and don't have a better win than Cinci's win against ND.

If Alabama loses a really close game and OK St loses is Alabama in?
    ... and if Alabama then loses a close game to Georgia in the College Football Playoff semis, do they advance to the Championship game instead of the winner of the 2/3 matchup? If the committee is going to give Alabama 3 chances to beat Georgia, why not give them a 4th?

To answer your question more seriously, I think Notre Dame* probably gets in over 2 loss Alabama. You could certainly make the case that Alabama is a "better" team than Notre Dame, but I suspect that going 11-1 against Notre Dame's schedule is a slightly more difficult task than going 11-2 vs Alabama's.

*FWIW, I personally don't like the fact that Notre Dame (or any team) gets a "bye" during conference championship week. I think they should add an extra game each year featuring the two top ranked teams who aren't playing in a conference championship game. Imagine a scenario where Ohio State had beaten Oregon, but still lost to Michigan. Ohio State would probably be comfortably in the playoff while Michigan would still need to win today. Something seems very wrong about that.

Like I said, I'm team chaos.

That said, you may be getting your perfect world. Cinci has a road win over ND, which isn't playing for a conference championship this weekend, so I don't think they should even be in the conversation. OSU is currently losing. If Cinci beats Houston in a couple of hours, I don't think anyone should knock them out of the top-4. I think I think that even if OSU comes back.
    I am team chalk. But I think you are right here if Cincy wins.

I am team chalk. But I think you are right here if Cincy wins.
    I probably would be, too, if I had a rooting interest in a team that would ever have a shot at the CFP.

I probably would be, too, if I had a rooting interest in a team that would ever have a shot at the CFP.
    I actually don't really. I just want to see ths 2 best teams play. I don't want to see Cincy down 41-3 in the 3rd quarter of a semi.

OSU just threw interception number four. Baylor with great field position.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    OSU just threw interception number four. Baylor with great field position.
    ESPn radio building up Baylor’s resume now. I also love chaos and wish all the top 5-6 would lose, but that can’t happen with UGA-Bama playing.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    ... and if Alabama then loses a close game to Georgia in the College Football Playoff semis, do they advance to the Championship game instead of the winner of the 2/3 matchup? If the committee is going to give Alabama 3 chances to beat Georgia, why not give them a 4th?
    Ignore this part of my post. I obviously don't follow college football close enough to know that Alabama and Georgia didn't play during the regular season. I still don't like the idea of giving Alabama two chances to beat Georgia, but that isn't as bad as giving them three chances.
    Last edited by House P; 12-04-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Six turnovers in the Big 12 Championship. It's pants-on-head insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Six turnovers in the Big 12 Championship. It's pants-on-head insane.
    I am not sure what Baylor is thinking, but they don’t seem to be trying to win the game.

Was just coming here to say that OKST is making it a game!

I can't believe OSU has a shot to win this after all those TOs.

Everyone should tune in now.

Edit: if I were Baylor I would no be using these timeouts.

I think they already decided they will be behind soon.

(Rude to self-quote, but hey)

You take the TOs in case they score you have time left. But if you don't have any timeouts left, it's chaos anyway.

I'd leave OSU with the chaos and madness of trying to score and not give them so many stops and play call opportunities.

Now it's first and goal and no one had timeouts with over a minute.

I don't get it.

Chaos! Phase one complete!