Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Georgia** fans are insufferable* even when they consistently underperform. *Not nearly as bad as unc or the terps, but bad.
    **Insert large state school here

Ohio State fans, Tennessee fans...the most quiet big state school fans I've encountered so far are Texas fans. Perhaps it's because they've been pretty lackluster my 9+ years here. But that didn't stop Vols fans and OSU fans when I lived there.

DaughterPK goes to Alabama and will be in the student section today.

RTR.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    **Insert large state school here

Ohio State fans, Tennessee fans...the most quiet big state school fans I've encountered so far are Texas fans. Perhaps it's because they've been pretty lackluster my 9+ years here. But that didn't stop Vols fans and OSU fans when I lived there.
    I even find Duke basketball fans who weren't around for "the struggles" to not always be that great. They are somewhat like Boston Red Sox fans below the age of 35. They're out of their element. They have no frame of reference. They're like children who've wandered into the middle of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I even find Duke basketball fans who weren't around for "the struggles" to not always be that great. They are somewhat like Boston Red Sox fans below the age of 35. They're out of their element. They have no frame of reference. They're like children who've wandered into the middle of a movie.
    Great point!

Whenever I find myself getting the big head, I take a stroll down memory lane to 1974.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Never saw/heard My Cousin Vinny?
    I'm sorry, your honor... The defendants have the Ducks' number.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Great point!

Whenever I find myself getting the big head, I take a stroll down memory lane to 1974.
    The issue is this makes us sound like old men yelling for the kids to get off of our lawn. I'm glad for Duke's success and I am thrilled that there are younger fans. But I hate when Duke fans act like wins are preordained. I am thankful for every championship and even every Victory. Much like the north, I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    I'm sorry, your honor... The defendants have the Ducks' number.
    One of my best friends in the world is a huge Ducks fan. And I love her the way really fat children love candy, but I'm not a Ducks fan at all for some reason. Much like Ralph Macchio in The Karate Kid, the Ducks have a very punchable face.

Much like Ralph Macchio in The Karate Kid, the Ducks have a very punchable face.
    Cobra Kai!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    Cobra Kai!
    There's not a kid from the eighties who wouldn't have joined that gym.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    So fair warning: if Michigan wins tonight I will be a joyous, happy presence on the board for the next month. If we screw the pooch, I might be a bit of a grump. Take that into account when you decide to ROOT FOR MICHIGAN tonight
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    So fair warning: if Michigan wins tonight I will be a joyous, happy presence on the board for the next month. If we screw the pooch, I might be a bit of a grump. Take that into account when you decide to ROOT FOR MICHIGAN tonight
    Sports polygamy.

I like it when you’re grumpy.
    Bob Green

Already on your side, fellow DBR poster!

Pulling for Alabama because of familial situation and I want to see those 2 play again in the title game. Also pulling for Ok St (for a friend), Houston and Iowa.

Never! That would be like asking a Duke fan to cheer for UNC tonight. Oh wait...the Heels didn't live up to pre-season expectations? So sad...

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Sports polygamy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I like it when you’re grumpy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Already on your side, fellow DBR poster!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    Never! That would be like asking a Duke fan to cheer for UNC tonight. Oh wait...the Heels didn't live up to pre-season expectations? So sad...
    This is exactly the amazingly wide (and hilarious) spread of responses I expected to that post
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

This is exactly the amazingly wide (and hilarious) spread of responses I expected to that post
    I giggled typing it!

I have a good friend from Ann Arbor. Back before I watched much football at all, he introduced me to the Wolverines. We watched a lot of games together at 10am in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    If Utah was the exact same team but played Oklahoma's non-conference schedule, would they be in?
    Yes they'd be in consideration definitely. I don't think they'd be in, quite but would be much closer. I agree that scheduling tough OOC road games is usually not helpful for P5 teams really although it can help your conference to be viewed more favorably if you do well in those.

Baylor with a 14-3 lead on Oklahoma State early in 2nd quarter. OSU quarterback has thrown two interceptions.

Baylor playing in the Big12 Championship Game just three seasons after losing to Duke 40-27 in 2018 and 34-20 in 2017 illustrates how quickly a team can turn things around.
    Bob Green