Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    UM beats GA by 10+. You heard it here first. GA overrated all year.
    Per Sagarin, UGA’s strength of schedule is #35 and Michigan #31:

https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2021-2/...-ratings-2021/

I will freely admit I don’t know how Sagarin’s ratings are viewed by those in the know, it’s the first I pulled up. But who looked stronger against roughly equal schedules — UGA or Michigan? Both are 4-1 against the top 30. UMich is 1-0 against the top 10 while UGA is 1-1. Both look pretty good.

I think the line favoriting Georgia (-7.5 or so) is high (although it is pretty close to the Sagarin predictor spread) . I surely would not call UGA overrated though. They destroyed everyone in the regular season. While their regular season strength of schedule was not as strong as, say, Alabama, it was not chopped liver either.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me at all. Michigan plus the points is a great bet. The Wolverines have stud playmakers all over the field on both sides of the ball. Pro’s. They’re better than anyone else Georgia has played with the possible exception of Alabama. And they may prove to be better than Bama too. Anyone who thinks Michigan should be a big underdog in this game hasn’t been paying attention and hasn’t watched them play much. They’re really really good
    Agreed. Lots of talk about UGA's defense, which is really good. But Hutchinson, Ojabo and the rest of Michigan's defense will make life tough for Bennett and UGA. I think UGA is likely the favorite but this line seems high.

Interesting trivia about Ojabo that I just found:
    - he was born in Nigeria and moved to Scotland when he was 7
    - he came to America for HS
    - he went to HS at Blair Academy so was in the same class as Keenan Worthington and two years ahead of Jaylen Blakes

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Agreed. Lots of talk about UGA's defense, which is really good. But Hutchinson, Ojabo and the rest of Michigan's defense will make life tough for Bennett and UGA. I think UGA is likely the favorite but this line seems high.

Interesting trivia about Ojabo that I just found:
    - he was born in Nigeria and moved to Scotland when he was 7
    - he came to America for HS
    - he went to HS at Blair Academy so was in the same class as Keenan Worthington and two years ahead of Jaylen Blakes
    And he’ll be speed rushing NFL quarterbacks next year as an upper first round pick. Between he and Hutchinson I agree w you Georgia’s QB is gonna have a tough time. We’ll see how good the Georgia running game is. They better hope they can move it on the ground.

And he’ll be speed rushing NFL quarterbacks next year as an upper first round pick. Between he and Hutchinson I agree w you Georgia’s QB is gonna have a tough time. We’ll see how good the Georgia running game is. They better hope they can move it on the ground.
    Michigan’s defense put up impressive numbers this year:

Defensive total yards — 315.77 (12th nationally)
    Defensive rush yards — 121.08 (21st)
    Defensive passing yards — 194.69 (22nd)
    Average Score Against — 16.08 (5th)

Georgia’s offense by contrast is ranked 28th in rushing and 50th in passing (although 7th in scoring, mainly due to their defense keeping good field position and getting off the field).

I would not be shocked by a Michigan straight-up win. But I would want odds.

I think it really comes down to who makes the most mistakes. Cliché I know, but certainly true here. Two really good defenses, two capable but not dominating offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Michigan’s defense put up impressive numbers this year:

Defensive total yards — 315.77 (12th nationally)
    Defensive rush yards — 121.08 (21st)
    Defensive passing yards — 194.69 (22nd)
    Average Score Against — 16.08 (5th)

Georgia’s offense by contrast is ranked 28th in rushing and 50th in passing (although 7th in scoring, mainly due to their defense keeping good field position and getting off the field).

I would not be shocked by a Michigan straight-up win. But I would want odds.

I think it really comes down to who makes the most mistakes. Cliché I know, but certainly true here. Two really good defenses, two capable but not dominating offenses.
    Michigan’s run offense is in fact dominating. A two headed monster with a big physical stud in Haskins who is just very difficult to bring down -I think he set a Michigan record for TDs this year - and then a heavily muscled speedster in Corum who is a threat to go the distance every time he touches it. These guys are so good they caused Zach Charbonnet to transfer to UCLA and to keep the nation’s #1 rated freshman running back recruit in the country on the bench all year. They just crushed it on the ground this year.

Michigan’s run offense is in fact dominating. A two headed monster with a big physical stud in Haskins who is just very difficult to bring down -I think he set a Michigan record for TDs this year - and then a heavily muscled speedster in Corum who is a threat to go the distance every time he touches it. These guys are so good they caused Zach Charbonnet to transfer to UCLA and to keep the nation’s #1 rated freshman running back recruit in the country on the bench all year. They just crushed it on the ground this year.
    Which goes back to my question of whether UGA sticks with Stetson Bennett at QB….

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Handled a very good OSU (#6 final ranking) team a week ago, and while I was never impressed with Iowa...42-3!
    Lot of people here seem to be putting a lot of weight on Michigan blowing out a team that lost by 3 possessions to decent but unranked Purdue and Wisconsin teams and just barely got by bad Illinois and Northwestern teams.

Michigan is very good, a legit top 5 team who is capable of beating Georgia or Alabama. I think a touchdown underdog sounds just about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Lot of people here seem to be putting a lot of weight on Michigan blowing out a team that lost by 3 possessions to decent but unranked Purdue and Wisconsin teams and just barely got by bad Illinois and Northwestern teams.

Michigan is very good, a legit top 5 team who is capable of beating Georgia or Alabama. I think a touchdown underdog sounds just about right.
    Michigan beat them by 6 possessions. 13 if they just did all field goals.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I did grad school in Ann Arbor, so perhaps I do have maize-and-blue-tinted glasses on. But Michigan has been playing very well the past few weeks. Handled a very good OSU (#6 final ranking) team a week ago, and while I was never impressed with Iowa...42-3!

Alabama is the first decent team Georgia played since mid-October, and we saw what happened. I just think Michigan is more battle-hardened, it won't be an easy game, but I make it about 60-40 (not the score) that they win. If only they were playing it above the Mason-Dixon line.

Re Cincy, yes, a boy can wish.
    Excuse me, bit that is tOSU to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Excuse me, bit that is tOSU to you.
    Like, as in, never!