Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    My FAVORITE movie. (yes, I'm a Rom-Com guy. My son used to accuse me of being a 16 year old girl.)

Another one set in Christmas/Hanukkah season is The Holiday (even has a Hanukkah party scene). My fourth favorite.

[If anyone cares, my second is Notting Hill and my third is Four Weddings and a Funeral.]
    What year did you have to relinquish your dude card? It was 2001 for me.

My FAVORITE movie. (yes, I'm a Rom-Com guy. My son used to accuse me of being a 16 year old girl.)

Another one set in Christmas/Hanukkah season is The Holiday (even has a Hanukkah party scene). My fourth favorite.

[If anyone cares, my second is Notting Hill and my third is Four Weddings and a Funeral.]
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    What year did you have to relinquish your dude card? It was 2001 for me.
    I only watch Rom-Coms when my wife forces me to.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Because Thanksgiving >>>> Christmas as a holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Because Thanksgiving >>>> Christmas as a holiday.
    Great movie. But turkey is a 3rd rate meat, this makes Christmas the better holiday. Turkey is a fine delivery system for stuffing and gravy, but this is an indictment of turkey. It requires sides to make it palatable. This is not up for debate.

We watched Klaus last year and it was entertaining. Not sure favorite, but worth the time.

Is Big a Christmas movie?

For Weezie's list, I watch UP every year over the holidays. So much about that movie that is great storytelling, reminders to keep earning that Ellie badge.

Great movie. But turkey is a 3rd rate meat, this makes Christmas the better holiday. Turkey is a fine delivery system for stuffing and gravy, but this is an indictment of turkey. It requires sides to make it palatable. This is not up for debate.
    Your snood envy is showing, my friend.

It's a substandard meat man.

It's a substandard meat man.
    Better than a Christmas goose.

Better than a Christmas goose.
    I will accept this because of the reference.

I have a guilty pleasure Christmas movie, Christmas Angel (2009) not the 2012 movie. It's not a biggig and it generally takes a bit of looking to find.

It's a somewhat syrupy, uplifting Christmas movies. I really like 2 of the three main players in it and I find it makes a pleasant pre-Christmas view.

Plus there's Dash. Any movie with a doggy supporting role is automatically bumped up a few notches on my list.

I am bundaberg and I approve this post.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I am bundaberg and I approve this post.
    Was genuinely hoping you wouldn't see it.

Was genuinely hoping you wouldn't see it.
    You’re such a jake.

You’re such a jake.
    You going to go workout those feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    Any thoughts on Love Actually? I just found out from a friend that if you only see the edited-for-tv version, the entire Martin Freeman storyline just doesn't exist! If you know the movie, you can understand why.

And it's been getting a lot of flak recently for "fat-shaming". Oof.
    I'm not big on rom-coms, but Love Actually is one of my favorite movies as well. Great movie, excellent Christmas movie. Definitely not family friendly.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Girlfriend loves that one too, and she can't stand Cameron Diaz. I like it as well. It's really a can't miss cast, with Diaz, Jack Black, Drew Barrymore, and Jude Law.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm not big on rom-coms, but Love Actually is one of my favorite movies as well. Great movie, excellent Christmas movie. Definitely not family friendly.
    All the Natalie is fat jokes bother me but I do find much of the film funny. We watch it this time of year but it’s more a romantic comedy set at Christmas than a movie about Christmas.

All the Natalie is fat jokes bother me but I do find much of the film funny. We watch it this time of year but it’s more a romantic comedy set at Christmas than a movie about Christmas.
    I had a huge crush on Natalie when I first saw that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Girlfriend loves that one too, and she can't stand Cameron Diaz. I like it as well. It's really a can't miss cast, with Diaz, Jack Black, Drew Barrymore, and Jude Law.
    I'm sure you mean Kate Winslet, who is nothing at all like Drew Barrymore. I with your girlfriend, in that I can suffer Cameron Diaz in The Holiday, although she might be my least favorite thing about the film. I could never stomach both her and Drew at the same time, the latter of whom should have stopped acting when she was 10. Of course, I'm sure she's really concerned about what I think, as she rakes in her annual millions for her many schlocky films.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I'm sure you mean Kate Winslet, who is nothing at all like Drew Barrymore. I with your girlfriend, in that I can suffer Cameron Diaz in The Holiday, although she might be my least favorite thing about the film. I could never stomach both her and Drew at the same time, the latter of whom should have stopped acting when she was 10. Of course, I'm sure she's really concerned about what I think, as she rakes in her annual millions for her many schlocky films.
    She shared with me that it bothers her actually.