Something to really be proud of...

I know we all largely focus on wins and losses for our sports teams, but this is really something special and the real reason to be proud of Duke: https://goduke.com/news/2021/12/2/at...onal-lead.aspx

Statistics for the Graduation Success Rate (GSR) released Thursday by the NCAA indicated that a Power 5-leading 99 percent of freshmen student-athletes receiving scholarship aid, or recruited individuals participating in programs that do not offer athletic aid, graduated from Duke within six years.

The GSR is based on student-athletes who entered college as freshmen in 2011-14 and allows for the removal of those individuals from the cohort who left Duke in good academic standing.

Nationally, Duke led all Power 5 institutions and tied for the overall national lead with its 99 percent GSR. Only Columbia, Dartmouth, Harvard, Holy Cross, La Salle, Lafayette and Yale matched Duke's 99 percent GSR.

Among Power 5 schools, the top five in GSR included Duke (99), Northwestern (98), Notre Dame (97), Vanderbilt (97), Minnesota (96), South Carolina (96), Stanford (96) and Wake Forest (96).

A total of 19 Duke teams achieved a 100 percent GSR for the 2011-14 period: baseball, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's fencing, men's and women's golf, men's and women's soccer, men's and women's swimming and diving, men's and women's tennis, men's and women's track and field and cross country, women's lacrosse, rowing, field hockey and volleyball.

Duke's remaining programs each achieved a GSR of 94 percent of better – football (96), men's lacrosse (96) and wrestling (94).
    There are many more stats and comparisons at the link. Bottom line -- Duke student-athletes truly are STUDENT-athletes.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Great stuff. Congrats all.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I was surprised to see MBB at 100%, but noted that players who left in good academic standing did not count against the numbers. I remain hopeful that NIL will convince more players to stay for longer and get closer to a degree they can finish online/in the summer while playing professionally. That won't apply to lottery picks or most 1st rounders, but perhaps a Matthew Hurt opts to stay in the future. How the free pass transfer portal will factor in remains a mystery, though presumably whether leaving to go play as a pro or for another school will be treated the same.

I posted this on twitter. This has to help with recruiting and gifts and donations to Duke University.

Most wonderful! Congrats to all those STUDENT athletes.