Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    I'll miss seeing Lummie, Gunnar, and Jake on the field next season (assuming they do actually transfer...a given I'm sure.) I will especially miss Mr. Bobo. He is one tough SOB who has a great pair of hands and appears to have a never say die attitude - really fun to watch in my opinion. I wish all three the best though wherever they end up.
    Just a question. Is Bobo related to the Auburn OC, Bobo, who was fired?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    But does Duke have any legitimate starting QB on the roster right now or will the new coach be starting from scratch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Leonard could be the guy, obviously looked great against Louisville (but mixed results in his other limited action). Hard to say.
    The new coach could also inspire another QB to come from out of nowhere, a la Cutcliffe & Renfree.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The new coach could also inspire another QB to come from out of nowhere, a la Cutcliffe & Renfree.
    Yea, this may be the best plan for the new coach - try to get a transfer or a HS QB who changes his mind about what school he will attend (based, perhaps, on a coaching change, etc.)(and I don't mean to "diss" the current QB's on the Duke roster - I just don't know if any of them have the potential to lead Duke to the promised land).

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    Just a question. Is Bobo related to the Auburn OC, Bobo, who was fired?
    Wow, this is (also) trippy (apologies to CB&B). I was debating as to whether it was worth posting that fired Auburn offensive coordinator Mike Bobo is Jake's dad. I only read the N&O blurb re:Auburn as we have longtime friends who are both AU grads and big football fans. I did some brief (very brief) detective work to confirm that the same last name isn't coincidence, (isn't too surprising I guess.) Here's hoping that Jake's dad will find new employment soon!
    Last edited by peloton; 12-01-2021 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Clarity

Very good point...I'd say that worked out for us pretty nicely then. However, that Belk Bowl game against Cincinnati which I attended still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.😖

Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    Wow, this is (also) trippy (apologies to CB&B). I was debating as to whether it was worth posting that fired Auburn offensive coordinator Mike Bobo is Jake's dad. I only read the N&O blurb re:Auburn as we have longtime friends who are both AU grads and big football fans. I did some brief (very brief) detective work to confirm that the same last name isn't coincidence, (isn't too surprising I guess.) Here's hoping that Jake's dad will find new employment soon!
    That isn't actually Jake's dad. Jake's dad (Mike Bobo) played at Dartmouth. Auburn OC Mike Bobo played at Georgia.

I believe some local media person has made the same mistake, and that Bobo may have even referenced it himself on Twitter or in some interview.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    That isn't actually Jake's dad. Jake's dad (Mike Bobo) played at Dartmouth. Auburn OC Mike Bobo played at Georgia.

I believe some local media person has made the same mistake, and that Bobo may have even referenced it himself on Twitter or in some interview.
    Jake says "My Dad's smarter than your dad."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Gotcha - thanks for the correction.

There are lots of Bobos out there. Just go to Disney World if you don't believe me.

As for QBs, I think Riley Leonard is a pretty solid prospect, had some good offers. The rest of the cupboard, however, is really hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    There are lots of Bobos out there. Just go to Disney World if you don't believe me.

As for QBs, I think Riley Leonard is a pretty solid prospect, had some good offers. The rest of the cupboard, however, is really hurting.
    Solid prospect, but not a surefire starter. He reminds me a lot of Gunnar.

Solid prospect, but not a surefire starter. He reminds me a lot of Gunnar.
    Agreed...but in the land of the blind...

Just look at the RB position to see how weak we are...

Sophomore defensive tackle Gary Smith has entered the transfer portal: https://twitter.com/247SportsPortal/...25827038580749

Per the tweet, he had 24 tackles and 2.5 TFL this year.

Sophomore defensive tackle Gary Smith has entered the transfer portal: https://twitter.com/247SportsPortal/...25827038580749

How many missed tackles did he have?

How many missed tackles did he have?
    that is really not good news at all.

There will be a number more I suspect. I wish them all well.

This is bad news. Smith is a guy who opponents have to double team.
    Bob Green

Gunnar Holmberg has found his landing spot at JMU:

https://twitter.com/HolmbergGunnar/s...16680261435392

From "Duke" to the "Dukes"? Won't need to change the attire TOO much...

I was actually hoping he would want to stay. While others think the new coach will want to start fresh with a new QB, I disagree. I think he would prefer having a veteran starter to begin with. I am not sold on Riley Leonard, and as others mentioned, not sure what else we have. Oh well. Not also making Gunnar out to be Patrick Mahomes either. Welcome to Duke, Coach Elko.

What about Jordan Moore? He seemed like a pretty exciting, mobile prospect in limited snaps. Plus he led us in rushing once this year. Is he just off the depth chart entirely now?