Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Poor Capel. Transfers, among other things, have really hurt them. They are off to a terrible start this year, and the atmosphere for their home game against Minnesota on TV now is dormant.

How many Boeheims are there in Syracuse?!?!?!?!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    How many Boeheims are there in Syracuse?!?!?!?!
    Fewer than the number of Plumlees who went to Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Fewer than the number of Plumlees who went to Duke
    If you count Coach Jim then it is equal - Jim Sr., Buddy and Jimmy. I think his daughter played at Rochester.

OMG…Pitt up 3 with the ball and a minute left. They get two possessions without hitting the rim. First a shot clock violation, and Minnesota scores to pull within 1. Then a bad shot that doesn’t even hit the rim. Minnesota was down 1 with the ball and 7 seconds…they miss the shot but no block out, and they score off the rebound to win the game.

Very poorly played last minute. Either bad strategy or bad execution. Or both.

What an end of regulation for Indiana/Cuse in a bad way for the ACC. Yikes. Couldn't draw it up worse for the Orange. This game has absolutely no business going into overtime, my goodness.

Purdue is dog walking FSU.

71-51 Purdue. 8:32 left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    OMG…Pitt up 3 with the ball and a minute left. They get two possessions without hitting the rim. First a shot clock violation, and Minnesota scores to pull within 1. Then a bad shot that doesn’t even hit the rim. Minnesota was down 1 with the ball and 7 seconds…they miss the shot but no block out, and they score off the rebound to win the game.

Very poorly played last minute. Either bad strategy or bad execution. Or both.
    Hah, I'm sensing a theme with this first group of Challenge games today...

The ACC is hot garbage. Like every conference loss will probably be at best Quad 2.

Wow, the ACC should have had 2 wins here. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    What an end of regulation for Indiana/Cuse in a bad way for the ACC. Yikes. Couldn't draw it up worse for the Orange. This game has absolutely no business going into overtime, my goodness.
    Tough last play. I thought Davis fouled to get the rebound and then was not fouled on his missed shot, but got to shoot 2 free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Tough last play. I thought Davis fouled to get the rebound and then was not fouled on his missed shot, but got to shoot 2 free throws.
    And now he's missed his pair of free throws in OT... Typical, though: Girard just dribbles it off his leg out of bounds to give it right back.

(One nice thing for us that seems clear from watching this game is that Cuse cannot rebound defensively to save their lives. Our front court has a good chance to absolutely FEAST when we play them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    I am absolutely no fan of IU but I disagree. Swider was straight up but the other kid was all over his left arm (away from the main camera).
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Some bad last possessions by both teams

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Some bad last possessions by both teams
    Yeah, it's clearly partly because both teams are exhausted, but man, there has been some truly atrocious basketball played here in both overtimes.

I had no idea Mike Woodson was the coach of Indiana...

Go cuse! I guess.

Purdue fans are chanting we want Duke.

Now they’re doing the tomahawk chop.

Purdue beats FSU 93-65.

The B1G now leads the Challenge 4-0.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Purdue fans are chanting we want Duke.

Now they’re doing the tomahawk chop.

Purdue beats FSU 93-65.
    Yeah, well, Big Dog and Robbie Hummel wanted Duke, too. Fat lot of good it did them.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

And suddenly/miraculously, Cuse back up 4 late in the second overtime? Though TJD back at the line for IU...