Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Michigan is making the Holes look like world beaters.
    Sad.
    Who is to say they are not. UNC is still an excellent program and tough to beat at home.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Who is to say they are not. UNC is still an excellent program and tough to beat at home.
    Carolina is just ok this year… playing very well tonight.

But Michigan, my goodness- how are they even ranked in the top 25 (of high school teams in the country)?!!! I haven’t seen them play except for tonight, but they are really bad. They are in danger of losing by 30 or more.

Carolina is just ok this year… playing very well tonight.

But Michigan, my goodness- how are they even ranked in the top 25 (of high school teams in the country)?!!! I haven’t seen them play except for tonight, but they are really bad. They are in danger of losing by 30 or more.
    Well after tonight they will not be top 25 and UNC will be. The league needed this with Duke’s loss - so probably not a bad outcome despite that we have to endure the UNC fandom.

I don’t think most people give a F about the league if it includes a UNCheat win.
    Basic rule- 9F

Well after tonight they will not be top 25 and UNC will be. The league needed this with Duke’s loss - so probably not a bad outcome despite that we have to endure the UNC fandom.
    I hate the thought of hope in their little hearts. Can’t enjoy IC this week except the football board. Somehow this is Karma for Harbaugh finally beating Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I hate the thought of hope in their little hearts. Can’t enjoy IC this week except the football board. Somehow this is Karma for Harbaugh finally beating Ohio State.
    Sometimes it’s more fun when they have hope and then that hope gets crushed. Like when they played well against Purdue only to get blasted by Tennessee the next day. Or their entire football season. As long as they fail in the end, I’m happy.

I don’t think most people give a F about the league if it includes a UNCheat win.
    Basic rule- 9F
    There is only one outcome I want for UNC-Cheat, and it sure as heck isn't success.

9f

Reported.

9F always and forever.

Wednesday night was a rebound for the ACC, winning four of six games: UNC (Mich., as noted), State (Neb.) , Virginia Tech (Terps) and Miami (Penn St.) won.

Louisville (Mich. St.) and GT (Wisc.) lost.

Was 6-8 the final tally?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Wednesday night was a rebound for the ACC, winning four of six games: UNC (Mich., as noted), State (Neb.) , Virginia Tech (Terps) and Miami (Penn St.) won.

Was 6-8 the final tally?
    I think that's right, which is surprisingly good for the ACC. Probably raised the conference's dork poll standing a teeny bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Was 6-8 the final tally?
    Sounds right.

The ACC won the first ten ACC/BIG10 Challenges, but are 2-8-3 since.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I think that's right, which is surprisingly good for the ACC. Probably raised the conference's dork poll standing a teeny bit.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/WRALBobHolliday/status/1466260879947841539

This tweet is why I dislike other local fanbases and reporters. He is correct; we let the ACC down😡
    But loss was hardly unexpected and this UNC grad and previous WRAL homer would never say Duke carried the ACC in the challenge or NCAAs.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post

This tweet is why I dislike other local fanbases and reporters. He is correct; we let the ACC down😡
    But loss was hardly unexpected and this UNC grad and previous WRAL homer would never say Duke carried the ACC in the challenge or NCAAs.

Sorry tweet paste doesn’t work from my cell.

Basic rule- 9F
    Mine was a silver lining post given that they were up 20. I never root for UNC but those on this board that think UNC will struggle this season are mistaken. They will be a top 15-20 team by the end of the season.

Nope

Mine was a silver lining post given that they were up 20. I never root for UNC but those on this board that think UNC will struggle this season are mistaken. They will be a top 15-20 team by the end of the season.
    I refuse to be so pessimistic. I think we will crush them three times and UNC will miss the NCAA tourney. Not even on the bubble.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Watching the BC-Penn State women’s game (isn’t everybody?) on the ACC Network, I saw a commercial I never thought I’d see. An ad for game tickets in Chapel Hill for men’s basketball. How times have changed.

BC

BC crushed ND, 73-57, in the ACC opener. I thought ND might be a tourney team this year, but I guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Watching the BC-Penn State women’s game (isn’t everybody?) on the ACC Network, I saw a commercial I never thought I’d see. An ad for game tickets in Chapel Hill for men’s basketball. How times have changed.
    A couple years ago I saw an ad for a Groupon for UNC mens basketball tickets. It was bizarre.

44-42 UVa over Pitt in Charlottesville at the under 12.

Feels like a must win game for Capel III to add credibility to his name as head coach of Pitt men’s hoops. Their program appears to be heading nowhere fast. They’re 2-5 …

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    44-42 UVa over Pitt in Charlottesville at the under 12.

Feels like a must win game for Capel III to add credibility to his name as head coach of Pitt men’s hoops. Their program appears to be heading nowhere fast. They’re 2-5 …
    I don’t know about must-win. I think he is likely a dead-man walking. But obviously winning any ACC road game would help.

That said, I don’t think they will do it. Pitt is truly awful this year.