Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    BC crushed ND, 73-57, in the ACC opener. I thought ND might be a tourney team this year, but I guess I was wrong.
    I was touting Notre Dame as loud as anybody around here. I said I thought them and VT would both be top 4 in the conference when no one else felt that could happen.

Just coming here to take my medicine. It would appear I was quite wrong about the Irish. Whew! What a terrible way for this senior-laden team to be playing in their final season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I don’t know about must-win. I think he is likely a dead-man walking. But obviously winning any ACC road game would help.

That said, I don’t think they will do it. Pitt is truly awful this year.
    Agree. Honestly, what in the hell has happened to Jeff Capel III and Pitt basketball? How are they this bad? A few minutes away from being 2-6. There’s no way they should be this bad. Are they injured? I just don’t see how they stink this badly. It’s Pitt! Jamie Dixon not too long ago had this program looking good. Since him, Stallings and Capel III have stunk it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I was touting Notre Dame as loud as anybody around here. I said I thought them and VT would both be top 4 in the conference when no one else felt that could happen.

Just coming here to take my medicine. It would appear I was quite wrong about the Irish. Whew! What a terrible way for this senior-laden team to be playing in their final season.
    I was with you on Notre Dame. I am still skeptical of Va Tech, but they may back their way in by virtue of Louisville, Notre Dame, and FSU seeming worse than expected. Man that was a bad loss by the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Agree. Honestly, what in the hell has happened to Jeff Capel III and Pitt basketball? How are they this bad? A few minutes away from being 2-6. There’s no way they should be this bad. Are they injured? I just don’t see how they stink this badly. It’s Pitt! Jamie Dixon not too long ago had this program looking good. Since him, Stallings and Capel III have stunk it up.
    Capel’s total failure there is really weird. He wasn’t awful at Oklahoma. But he has had conflicts with players multiple seasons now and can’t seem to recruit anymore. It is really unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Capel’s total failure there is really weird. He wasn’t awful at Oklahoma. But he has had conflicts with players multiple seasons now and can’t seem to recruit anymore. It is really unfortunate.
    54-52 Pitt! 25 seconds left! Shooting 1 and 1!

Fastest 5 second count in history give the ball to UVA down 1 with 9.7 seconds.

Feel bad for Pitt. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    On replay, not as egregious as I originally thought... But it was still only 4 seconds...

Welp - UVa squeaks it out. Jeff is gonna get fired soon sadly

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    Ugh, the home crowd aided fast 5 second call is one reason why college refs are horrible.

Pitt really blew that. After a great comeback. Winning this could have bought Capel some breathing room. I think this was another big nail in his coffin - they would have been better off just losing by five than blowing it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Pitt really blew that. After a great comeback. Winning this could have bought Capel some breathing room. I think this was another big nail in his coffin - they would have been better off just losing by five than blowing it like that.
    42-54 overall, 15-40 in the ACC now.

15-40! Yikes!

42-54 overall, 15-40 in the ACC now.

15-40! Yikes!
    15-40 is a pretty similar winning percentage to Cut's career numbers for our football team...

But yeah it's bad for a program like Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Ugh, the home crowd aided fast 5 second call is one reason why college refs are horrible.
    Reminded me of the 1974 call against the Cheats in Carmichael (8 pts ahead with 17 left game). They slo-mo’d the “tape” and if I remember correctly, the 5-second call was made on an inbounds after 3.8 seconds. That call, missed front end FT, a foul not called on another inbounds and the banked 30-35 footer at buzzer put the game in OT. That’s how I remember it anyway.

Mark Turgeon

He seems like a good fit for Pitt. He just stepped down at Maryland. I think he’ll get a long look to be Pitt’s next men’s basketball coach.

Miami (FL) best Clemson 80-75.

America’s luckiest coach Brad Brownell’s team falls to 5-4, 0-1.

How is Brownell still the coach at Clemson? Is he Dabo’s golfing buddy or something? His middle name has gotta be mediocrity.

He’s now 206-154 at Clemson including 95-100 in the ACC in this his 12th season. That includes 0 ACC titles, 3 NCAAT appearances, and one NCAAT sweet 16 in 2018.

Wake mopped the Hokies 80-61 in Blacksburg.

Wake mopped the Hokies 80-61 in Blacksburg.
    That is shocking.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Miami (FL) best Clemson 80-75.

America’s luckiest coach Brad Brownell’s team falls to 5-4, 0-1.

How is Brownell still the coach at Clemson? Is he Dabo’s golfing buddy or something? His middle name has gotta be mediocrity.
    No, it's Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    That is shocking.
    Guess we can’t sleep on the Deacs anymore. Forbes might be building some momentum here in Switzerland.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."