Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I absolutely respect your loyalty.

As someone too far to entertain day trips, your commitment is impressive.
    Thanks.

I commute 175 miles from Chesapeake, VA so I typically rent a hotel room in Durham and drive home Sunday morning.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Thanks.

I commute 175 miles from Chesapeake, VA so I typically rent a hotel room in Durham and drive home Sunday morning.
    That's truly inspiring.

I don't live that much further than you and it doesn't occur to me to drive that distance.

Thanks for your allegiance, Bob. This is why your voice regarding Duke Football is one I listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    That's truly inspiring.

I don't live that much further than you and it doesn't occur to me to drive that distance.

Thanks for your allegiance, Bob. This is why your voice regarding Duke Football is one I listen to.
    Seconded.

As Bob goes, so go I.

I hope we have a big win for all those moving on!

Thanks.

I'm a bit further away and can't get home until sunday, else I'd join you for such communal masochism.
    April 1

Green Family will be in attendance. Not sure why. Glutton for punishment. Lack of common sense.
    The PDDuke85 family is also attending. Before the Fireball shots kicks in, I wanted to explain.

Cut gave us a reason to give a damn about Duke football.

We’ve enjoyed our trips to Charlotte (x2), Atlanta (x2) and conference games to Miami besides the trek to WW.

I wanted to be here this weekend to honor our graduating ASR’s, but more importantly, to honor what Coach Cutcliffe has done for Duke.

Enjoy retirement David.
    Another shot in your honor

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I had almost guilted myself into going (I feel really bad for the seniors) but I don't think I'll be making it.
    We will be there- will grab some lunch and hope for the best. Will be a bit nippy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Not on Thanksgiving weekend.

Duke is giving free admission to anyone who sits in the student section.

Like anyone is going to stop anyone from sitting anywhere.

By next season Duke is going to have to start paying people to attend games.

An idea for David Rubinstein?
    Let’s say Duke can get 30,000 takers. At $25 a ticket- that is $750K per game. With 7 home games- Duke would need $5.25M. That would need a bit north of needing a $100M endowment for football. Certainly within reach of a big donor.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Let’s say Duke can get 30,000 takers. At $25 a ticket- that is $750K per game. With 7 home games- Duke would need $5.25M. That would need a bit north of needing a $100M endowment for football. Certainly within reach of a big donor.
    this is the cost to endow 30k free tickets?

i don't think cost is the problem, unfortunately, judging by how many tickets Duke attempts to give away

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    this is the cost to endow 30k free tickets?

i don't think cost is the problem, unfortunately, judging by how many tickets Duke attempts to give away
    To pay people to take tickets

Pay people at the gates to take tickets might help. But then, we’d have to lock the gates and not let them leave till 4th quarter. Fire Marshall or someone important wouldn’t like that.

I've often thought we should emulate some of those Italian funeral stories, where people are paid handsomely to attend, beef up the crowd, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Pay people at the gates to take tickets might help. But then, we’d have to lock the gates and not let them leave till 4th quarter. Fire Marshall or someone important wouldn’t like that.
    pay everyone 10 dollars. Charge a prorated exit fee if they leave before the end of the game. 1 dollar per 6 minutes left on the clock.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    pay everyone 10 dollars. Charge a prorated exit fee if they leave before the end of the game. 1 dollar per 6 minutes left on the clock.
    And if they don't make enough noise, make them attend another game.

Green family and guests inside Wallace Wade Stadium. Sparse crowd 25 minutes before kickoff but it appears larger than last Thursday evening.
    Bob Green

Green family and guests inside Wallace Wade Stadium. Sparse crowd 25 minutes before kickoff but it appears larger than last Thursday evening.
    they were begging ushers to take tickets and bring their families as an, uhhhh, thank you for the hard work this year.
    April 1

How much of it is wearing green and orange?

First in person game in almost exactly two years! Here with my family. Let's go Duke!

(And why is no one in the chat? C'mon, folks!)

That was almost a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    First in person game in almost exactly two years! Here with my family. Let's go Duke!

(And why is no one in the chat? C'mon, folks!)
    Link for the uninitiated or forgetful: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...hp?do=cchatbox

We’re winning!
    Bob Green