ESPN Back On Charter

The negotiations are over. They've come to an agreement. ESPN+ will come at an extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    The negotiations are over. They've come to an agreement. ESPN+ will come at an extra charge.
    guess hemhorraging subscribers pushed the needle.
    1200. DDMF.

Now, Sports Media Watch is saying that that they made a mistake, that ESPN+ is included in the deal. I assume that includes ACCNX.

I think I actually come out of this dispute better for the first time ever because I got a three year rate lock and now free Disney +. Freeform is still off but the new messages says Disney+ will be free in the future. It also looks like they are introducing a new tier for ESPN+ because I don't see that package on my account. If they are adding it to the existing sports package then 10 days without ESPN/Disney was well worth the price.

• In the coming months, the Disney+ Basic ad-supported offering will be provided to customers who purchase the Spectrum TV Select package
    • ESPN+ will be provided to Spectrum TV Select Plus subscribers.
    • The ESPN flagship direct-to-consumer service will be made available to Spectrum TV Select subscribers when it launches.
    • Charter will maintain flexibility to offer a range of video packages at varying price points based upon different customer viewing preferences.

Spectrum is also dropping 8 channels but most of that is replicated on Disney+

Effective immediately, Spectrum TV will provide its customers widespread access to a more curated lineup of 19 networks from The Walt Disney Company. Spectrum will continue to carry the ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Channel, FX and the Nat Geo Channel, in addition to the full suite of ESPN networks. Networks that will no longer be included in Spectrum TV video packages are Baby TV, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, FXM, FXX, Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo Mundo.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 09-11-2023 at 12:35 PM.

I canceled my Fubo free trial 7 days
    Saw Duke Lafayette and US Open
    Novak Djokovic 24 Grand slams
    With a Mamba T shirt. Apparently they used to talk about winners psychology.
    I catered waitered a Rodeo Drive red carpet event
    When Wilt Chamberlain was still living. I told him Kobe had broken his high school scoring record. He wasn’t aware. Didn’t remember his father being a teammate

now if I can get DirecTV and Nexstar (owners of our local ABC and Fox affiliates) to end their squabble...at least I still get all the ESPN networks including ACCN.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    now if I can get DirecTV and Nexstar (owners of our local ABC and Fox affiliates) to end their squabble...at least I still get all the ESPN networks including ACCN.
    Can you pull those networks with an antenna or does geography work against you? If it works you get the uncompressed feed as a bonus plus any additional channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    I think I actually come out of this dispute better for the first time ever because I got a three year rate lock and now free Disney +. Freeform is still off but the new messages says Disney+ will be free in the future. It also looks like they are introducing a new tier for ESPN+ because I don't see that package on my account. If they are adding it to the existing sports package then 10 days without ESPN/Disney was well worth the price.

• In the coming months, the Disney+ Basic ad-supported offering will be provided to customers who purchase the Spectrum TV Select package
    • ESPN+ will be provided to Spectrum TV Select Plus subscribers.
    • The ESPN flagship direct-to-consumer service will be made available to Spectrum TV Select subscribers when it launches.
    • Charter will maintain flexibility to offer a range of video packages at varying price points based upon different customer viewing preferences.

Spectrum is also dropping 8 channels but most of that is replicated on Disney+
    If Disney+ is being bundled into the Spectrum package, that sounds more like Disney blinked than Spectrum did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Can you pull those networks with an antenna or does geography work against you? If it works you get the uncompressed feed as a bonus plus any additional channels.
    it's possible but our topography is challenging here, and thus far I haven't lost any Duke games...I keep thinking this will get resolved due to college and pro football , but thus far they're still squabbling.

I know the streaming services are currently trying hard to steer customers away from ad-free subscriptions and into the more profitable ad-supported streaming plans. Maybe this is a step in that overall plan?