Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidA View Post
    But generally speaking, I prefer the teams we beat to do well, as well as the (gasp!) teams that beat us.* December 14 and beyond can’t come soon enough! Go Duke!
    *Except uNC

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    In other games today…Northwestern is currently leading MD by 8 early in 2nd half. I don’t want to jinx it, but GO CATS!
    MD got within 1 point, then NW went on an 8-1 run. Final score: NW wins, 67-61.
    Chris Collins looks pretty gray these days! When did that happen?

Guess

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    MD got within 1 point, then NW went on an 8-1 run. Final score: NW wins, 67-61.
    Chris Collins looks pretty gray these days! When did that happen?
    I'm guessing you haven't watched much Northwestern basketball the last five years. If you had, you'd know why he's grey.

This is like a Snickers commercial come to life:

In the it could be worse column(the OSU loss), the Florida Gators lost by 15 to the previously winless Texas Southern Tigers.

If you think Collins is getting gray, Capel will surely catch and pass him. Not looking good at Pitt and Capel. Ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    If you think Collins is getting gray, Capel will surely catch and pass him. Not looking good at Pitt and Capel. Ouch
    Jeff is looking more and more like his dad.

-jk

Bruce Pearl @ Auburn

Perhaps Jon Scheyer if he has the time can do this at Duke on 1 of the 8 nights of Hanukkah.

https://twitter.com/coachbrucepearl/...894530/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    This is like a Snickers commercial come to life:

There's actually a pretty cool story behind this. Chris Beard wanted the Texas hoops team to really engage with the student fans, so he staged a game in the old on-campus gym that was built in the 1930s. The arena only holds 3200 people and only students (plus a few VIPs) were allowed to attend the up-close-and-personal game.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    yeah, that's kind of interesting vis-a-vis our football hire. Capel was the top assistant to the legendary K, widely respected, solid recruiter, seemed like a great choice for Pitt, but sometimes that kind of move just doesn't work out that well.

Can’t think of another appropriate thread but had to share…

During the broadcast of the Michigan vs. Nebraska game, the announcers found a way to mention that Juwan Howard played a Duke basketball player in a Season 1 episode of the West Wing. How did I not know this!

https://westwing.fandom.com/wiki/Rodney_Grant

On the basketball front: Michigan has good players and play well as a team. But they don’t have anyone that will wow you and take over a game. Dickinson can score on his jump hooks and pass well out of a double team. Houstan is skilled and a pretty good shooter but doesn’t have that ability (desire?) to hunt baskets. This team would be awesome if they played team basketball like a mid-major because everyone is an above average role player, but they run offensive sets like they still have Franz Wagner and Isaiah Livers on the roster. They’ll be a top half Big Ten team but I don’t expect much noise in March.

But Juwan Howard was on the West Wing as a Duke player!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Can’t think of another appropriate thread but had to share…

During the broadcast of the Michigan vs. Nebraska game, the announcers found a way to mention that Juwan Howard played a Duke basketball player in a Season 1 episode of the West Wing. How did I not know this!

https://westwing.fandom.com/wiki/Rodney_Grant

On the basketball front: Michigan has good players and play well as a team. But they don’t have anyone that will wow you and take over a game. Dickinson can score on his jump hooks and pass well out of a double team. Houstan is skilled and a pretty good shooter but doesn’t have that ability (desire?) to hunt baskets. This team would be awesome if they played team basketball like a mid-major because everyone is an above average role player, but they run offensive sets like they still have Franz Wagner and Isaiah Livers on the roster. They’ll be a top half Big Ten team but I don’t expect much noise in March.

But Juwan Howard was on the West Wing as a Duke player!!!!!!
    I think I may have mentioned it on DBR when Juwan Howard was hired at Michigan. Here's the clip:

Ironic that he had to be a Duke player for the response "This guy was in the Final Four!" when Juwan himself made two Final Fours at Michigan.

Yep

I think I may have mentioned it on DBR when Juwan Howard was hired at Michigan. Here's the clip:

Ironic that he had to be a Duke player for the response "This guy was in the Final Four!" when Juwan himself made two Final Fours at Michigan.
    Now if the response was “This guy won a Final Four”, the Duke player status makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Now if the response was “This guy won a Final Four”, the Duke player status makes sense.
    I like it the way it is. Toby makes a safe conclusion that a former Duke player of a certain age made the Final Four, because they all did.

Juwan Howard talks about it here.

To say he was from that school? He was just a few years removed from a college career that included an 0-4 record against that school, including a loss in the 1992 national championship.

But this was not real life. It was television. And Howard had to follow the script the “The West Wing” writers had given him.

"They made me say Duke, man," Howard said recently, shaking his head. "They said I was from Duke. I was mad."

I wonder

I like it the way it is. Toby makes a safe conclusion that a former Duke player of a certain age made the Final Four, because they all did.

Juwan Howard talks about it here.
    Did one of the West Wing writers go to Duke?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Likely. IIRC, Sam (Rob Lowe) was a Duke law grad (perhaps why his son went to Duke?)

You write what you know. On Lost, one of the writers/producers went to my high school. I heard references to the town a couple of times, and one of the characters (the science teacher who went boom) was named after the physics teacher.

Aaron Sorkin went to Syracuse.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

uconn with what has become they're typical choke down the stretch.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Aaron Sorkin went to Syracuse.
    Sorkin famously doesn't let actors change a single word of written dialog. Any other showrunner and Juwan could have probably just said UMich!

-c

Can we get a shout out to Rutgers for taking down Purdue?!?!?! RHJr coming up with some Stones level plays there down the stretch, scoring 5 points in the last 13 seconds, on 2 less than easy shots. The game-winner carried some strong Jeff Capel overtones, but even more difficult due to the 2-defender step-thru.
    Looks like Baylor's gonna re-capture that #1 ranking now.