Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    So, Penny Hardaway just went off on the media a short time ago in an expletive-filled rant about how unfair it is that everyone thinks his team is underachieving. They had just lost to SMU... at home... by 8 points. The game wasn't even that close. SMU led by 14 with 5 minutes left.

Memphis, which has 2 future lottery picks on the roster and is loaded with other talent, is now 9-8 on the season and just hoping they can stay afloat enough to get a NIT invite.

If you want to see Penny's rant... and my reaction to it... here you go: https://twitter.com/JasonDukeEvans/s...71601097252867

This comes just days after Penny dismissed Rasheed Wallace** from his coaching staff. I'd say there is more than a little bit of turmoil in that locker room. Nolan Smith's decision not to go be an assistant there is looking like a genius move at this point.

--Jason "**- I'm shocked, shocked I say, that Rasheed Wallace is not a good person to mold young men into fine, upstanding adults. I just did not see that one coming at all" Evans

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, Penny Hardaway just went off on the media a short time ago in an expletive-filled rant about how unfair it is that everyone thinks his team is underachieving. They had just lost to SMU... at home... by 8 points. The game wasn't even that close. SMU led by 14 with 5 minutes left.
    [/IMG]
    But, but, but.…he is working really hard. If only everyone would quit picking on him.

Kentucky is at #2 Auburn at 1 pm on CBS. Should be a fun 2nd half watch after our game.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Bonusball at Allen Field House. Texas Tech erased a 10-point deficit late.

Good game in Lawrence. KU really getting some friendly calls, but I suppose that goes with the territory being at home.

You get a goaltending (maybe)! You get a goaltending (maybe)! Everyone gets a goaltending (maybe)!

Agbaji with a deep three to force a second OT.

Both the best and worst thing about the KU/TT game ending is I am now listening to a Bill Walton broadcast, and I don't have the 'stuff' he has.

Davidson entered the AP poll this week at #25, their first ranking since 2015. Here's how they celebrated.

AP News: VCU snaps No. 25 Davidson’s 15-game win streak, 70-68

The loss will almost certainly knock the Wildcats out of the AP Top 25 regardless of what they do on Saturday against La Salle.
    Worse than that: UNC now has an argument for being the third best college basketball team in the state.

Really interesting games this afternoon and evening with Alabama beating a very good and highly ranked Baylor team. In my opinion they did it by keeping a very fast pace and attacking the basket. They would be a handful in the NCAAs for any team. It would be necessary for us to have developed our roster and be in great shape to deal with a team like Alabama. I then watched Kentucky/Kansas through the half. Kentucky was up by 20 and also played at a fast pace. They are improving quite a bit since we played them so they would be a tough matchup in the tournament.

I expect the 4 and 5 teams to both go down today so we may climb and may still get a #1 seed if we can keep on winning. It won't be easy to go undefeated through our remaining schedule and perhaps is overly optimistic to plan to.

Kentucky looked amazing, winning at Kansas which very few teams do and really just dominanting every facet of the game. Our win against them is going to look very good at the end of the season, along with the Gonzaga win which should hold up since they're unlikely to lose again. As long as we keep improving and get healthy I think we can be right in the mix with the top teams come March, but as of right now I think we're appropriately ranked a step below the #1's.

Jordan Goldwire getting extensive praise as Oklahoma makes a comeback before eventually losing to TCU. At one point he had 7 straight points. Also had a circus layup. The announcer said on two occasions he would look to get Goldwire something going down hill. I was amused because I always thought JG had the toughest time hitting a layup of any player I can remember.

Baylor with the KO, literally

Immortal game, that Baylor can literally punch WVU guard through the jaw, put him out of the game during their comeback, and not get a call against them!!
    Down goes Huggins, Down goes Huggins. It was the Thrilla in Amarilla, the Wacko in Waco? Baylor wins with the right cross to the jaw. I am sure there will be video. Just astounded. I am not a Homer for either team. Just imagining if a Duke player hit an opponent across the jaw in the last four minutes.

Unfortunate incident after the UCLA-Arizona game last night. Bruin player arrested.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...t-arizona-fans

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Unfortunate incident after the UCLA-Arizona game last night. Bruin player arrested.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...t-arizona-fans
    Wait….the “intent to insult” someone is a crime?

(It was an unfortunate incident, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post

If it is, DBR posters include bunch of criminals.😀😀

Most of the world would have a record.

You must have misread it. It is the assault being committed with that intent. Just about every crime has an action aspect to it and an intent aspect. Here the action is the assault, and then the intent required is as you stated.

...(It was an unfortunate incident, though.)
    Punk-rear should be suspended for a game at the very least by the so-called university. Can anyone even imagine the uproar had this happened in the ACC?
    Unbelievable.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

UGA (my alma mater for grad school) could not snatch a win on their home court vs #1 Auburn, coming back from 15 down to periodically take and then gave back the lead until they finally just ran out of chances. Auburn did not look all that good, especially w/o Kessler on the floor. When he came back in late is when Auburn stopped the bleeding and went back and forth over the last 6 minutes.